Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,652
    Late night bump before bed...

Play the South... you should be like coldplay and do 2 nights in dallas and 2 nights in houston (but not like coldplay in any other way :lol:)

I'm actually going to see them tomorrow night... the girlfriend really wanted to go. I said ok, cause i heard they put on a great live show... all the images and stuff i've seen of this tour look really neat with the glowing wristbands on everyone...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    shep wrote:
    Play the South... you should be like coldplay and do 2 nights in dallas and 2 nights in houston (but not like coldplay in any other way :lol:)

Ohhhh! That would be fantastic!
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    "Lots of US shows in 2013"

I want to be excited about this but 'lots' is vague and relative. Considering they only played 3 US shows in all of 2011-2012, 'lots' could be 10 or 15 shows. Once the obligatory NYC, Boston, Philly, Hartford, Chicago, LA shows are out of the way, that could spell more trouble for the south. See how 10 years of being passed over has made me cynical? I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be a sucker to have my hopes up for the south next year. I'm now expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Been let down too many times to feel otherwise.

10 years and counting for Texas. Please come down here next year.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    "Lots of US shows in 2013"

I want to be excited about this but 'lots' is vague and relative. Considering they only played 3 US shows in all of 2011-2012, 'lots' could be 10 or 15 shows. Once the obligatory NYC, Boston, Philly, Hartford, Chicago, LA shows are out of the way, that could spell more trouble for the south. See how 10 years of being passed over has made me cynical? I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be a sucker to have my hopes up for the south next year. I'm now expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Been let down too many times to feel otherwise.

10 years and counting for Texas. Please come down here next year.

I don't have high hopes either.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Late night bump before bed...

I'm actually going to see them tomorrow night... the girlfriend really wanted to go. I said ok, cause i heard they put on a great live show... all the images and stuff i've seen of this tour look really neat with the glowing wristbands on everyone...

How was it Shep? They had a lot of great tickets for the second Dallas show when it first went on sale, but I didn't want to pay the price. I liked Coldplay's first 3 albums a lot but stopped listening to their new stuff after that for some reason. My wife and I were thinking about going to Saturday's show and trying to find cheap tickets from a scalper in any section, but it still seemed like a hard ticket to find, even on that day.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

How was it Shep? They had a lot of great tickets for the second Dallas show when it first went on sale, but I didn't want to pay the price. I liked Coldplay's first 3 albums a lot but stopped listening to their new stuff after that for some reason. My wife and I were thinking about going to Saturday's show and trying to find cheap tickets from a scalper in any section, but it still seemed like a hard ticket to find, even on that day.

Show's tonight, I'll let you know tomorrow ;)

One of my co-workers here in Houston went to the Saturday night show in Dallas (he's from Dallas originally) said it was great... so I'm hoping for big things...

I managed to score good seats (one section back from the stage, 9 rows up)... but they weren't cheap - face value on those suckers was $120 each. I could sell them for a lot more tonight if I was into that sort of thing... the Toyota center completely sold out for both shows....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

Show's tonight, I'll let you know tomorrow ;)

One of my co-workers here in Houston went to the Saturday night show in Dallas (he's from Dallas originally) said it was great... so I'm hoping for big things...

I managed to score good seats (one section back from the stage, 9 rows up)... but they weren't cheap - face value on those suckers was $120 each. I could sell them for a lot more tonight if I was into that sort of thing... the Toyota center completely sold out for both shows....

Yeah, that price was exactly why I passed. I'm sure it'll be worth it though...and definitely cheaper than flying somewhere to see PJ. Enjoy man!
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    LukinFan wrote:
    the south...play it
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    South
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    I added some helpful text to someone else's picture.

earthtour.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I agree with most of the sentiments in this thread. The South ought to be toured by Pearl Jam for sure.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Yeah, that price was exactly why I passed. I'm sure it'll be worth it though...and definitely cheaper than flying somewhere to see PJ. Enjoy man!

Show was pretty ok. I can understand why the tickets were priced like they were - the band used so many props to keep the crowd involved in the show - confetti flying everywhere, large blow up images strewn around the arena, an influx of ballons at one point, and then the glowing wristbands that would like up in sync to certain songs... all of which were pretty entertaining; however they took the focus away from the music for sure.

The guitarist was having trouble with his tunings and pedals all night (despite the fact that none of their music is very complex) - mind you that's not his fault, it was clearly a tech problem; however you should never be caught on stage tuning your guitar in front of 22,000 people... the drummer was solid when needed, but most of his beats were simple at the best of times... and the bassist went relatively unnoticed. Of course the spectacle was Chris Martin, and yes, he was incredibly entertaining, running and jumping around like Ed in his younger days... he was very into the show and clearly giving it his all....

What I found crazy is that the venue was sold out almost 360 degrees (for the second night in a row in Houston)... I've never seen the Toyota center with that many people in it... It was sold out when I went to Radiohead back in March, but they didn't have 6 or 8 sections behind the stage open like coldplay did....

All the while I'm thinking to myself: man, PJ would be so much better.... don't know why I made that comparison... but anyway... when CP's intro music came on, the lights went down... and all I could think was, "I'd rather be hearing Phillip Glass right now...."

It sucks that PJ could not fill up the stadium like that anymore. I know it's been a concious decision on behalf of the band to be where they are right now, but it would be so awesome if they consistently toured, became relevant again and could fill up satdiums like that in every city... (not just NYC, Philly, Chicago, Toronto, Boston...) the atmosphere in that plaec last night was incredible....
  • Options
    justam wrote:

earthtour.jpg
    I can dig it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    justam wrote:

earthtour.jpg

Here's some directions, too!

http://goo.gl/maps/pZbv
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Here's a picture of a real sailing ship. It's from the US fleet. It's called the Eagle. :)

I liked that Isle of WIght poster so much I wanted to find a real one.

USCGC_Eagle_under_sail.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Texas
  • Options
    PJpaddlePJpaddle Posts: 35
    Tampa Bump!
  • Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    shep wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:
    And you can't come to Louisville without having the BEST bourbon!

woodford-reserve-shot.jpg

:o

I am normally a single malt scotch drinker, but one of my buddy's gave me a bottle of this for christmas.... I was skeptical at first, but man, I will atest to the fact it is awesome. Actually had a glass on Friday... been slowly savoring it...

Yeah, I don't like hard liquor at all but this...this is smooooooth! Love it!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    justam wrote:
    I'm looking forward to September and PJ in Atlanta. :)

Atlanta-Skyline-at-Sunset_-Georgia1.jpg

Can't wait. It's gonna be my first time :D

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Hitting a concert at the Waterfront tonight. Would be perfect for the guys to play next year!

GREAT_WW%20by%20wales%20hunter.jpg

I AM MINE
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    riotgrl wrote:
    Hitting a concert at the Waterfront tonight. Would be perfect for the guys to play next year!

GREAT_WW%20by%20wales%20hunter.jpg
    Beautiful
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    We even have a skate park for the guys!

3297604045_4c777fcc10_o.jpg

I AM MINE
  • Options
    tx
  • Options
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    riotgrl wrote:
    We even have a skate park for the guys!

3297604045_4c777fcc10_o.jpg

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    the south
  • Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    This guy wants you to play the South. Specifically, New Orleans!!!

NewOrleansBlues.jpg
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    dallas-skyline.jpg

Next!"