**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Pies are great, but fruit cobblers are quintessentially Southern, to me.

Blueberry cobbler or peach cobbler, warm from the oven w/ vanilla ice cream? Yes, thank you.

Or, if you want to get down to the Southern baseline, it's got to be banana puddin'.

Banana pudding is as good as it gets.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    pieimagecopyrighted4.jpg

Sorry it's a little late today.... in training all day at work...

Today, I'm offering peach pie... yes, that's right, 2 fresh peach pies for you PJ if you come play somewhere I can drive too.... I'll even learn to bake it myself!

So... of the southerners going to PJ20.... Does anyone want to help me out with a little merch? Particularly what I'm looking for would be S/N limited edition prints...... Amber? Eric? I can paypal the money to you guys immediately.... :?:

i haven't found anyone to help me out yet.... :(
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • shep wrote:
    pieimagecopyrighted4.jpg

Sorry it's a little late today.... in training all day at work...

Today, I'm offering peach pie... yes, that's right, 2 fresh peach pies for you PJ if you come play somewhere I can drive too.... I'll even learn to bake it myself!

So... of the southerners going to PJ20.... Does anyone want to help me out with a little merch? Particularly what I'm looking for would be S/N limited edition prints...... Amber? Eric? I can paypal the money to you guys immediately.... :?:

i haven't found anyone to help me out yet.... :(

Will definitely help out if you haven't got any pm's yet.
  • :shock: not enough sleep bump

Eric offered to help me out Amber... but if you wanna help too.... :D . I'll send you a PM later... in training all day again today...

Alright PJ... since my bump is early today, I'm offering the band 3 dozen kolatches! Another delicious southern food...

kolaches.jpg

As a bonus, I'll even let the band pick the fillings they want! 8-)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    pandora wrote:
    Enjoy Southerner's.... those making the big trip...
    I am green with envy :mrgreen:

Safe travels!

Please Play the South! :thumbup:

I thought you guys were going?
    no sitting PJ20 and this tour out girl_to_take_umbrage2.gif

fingerscrossed.gif for a few southern dates fingerscrossed.gif

PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!
    shep wrote:

Eric offered to help me out Amber... but if you wanna help too.... :D . I'll send you a PM later... in training all day again today...

Alright PJ... since my bump is early today, I'm offering the band 3 dozen kolatches! Another delicious southern food...

kolaches.jpg

What is a kolatches? Excuse my ignorance, as I am a transplanted Northerner in the South.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • EZ1221C wrote:
    shep wrote:

kolaches.jpg

What is a kolatches? Excuse my ignorance, as I am a transplanted Northerner in the South.

See picture above.. Only the best breakfast food ever!
  • bump
  • :ugeek:
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • play the south
    Page 5 bump. :shock:
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    EZ1221C wrote:

page 3 bump...

oh and Eric, for the record, Kolaches are a breakfast delicacy 'round Texas. They're basically a very rich, roll (bordering on pastry) filled with breakfast type foods, and cheese... some of my favs are:

bacon and cheese
    egg, bacon, and cheese
    sausage and cheese
    jalapano sausage
    salami and cheese
    pizza
    the list goes on for days really...

They are on awesome hangover cure too ;). Called Kolaches by Czech and German settlers in rural texas who first introduced them to these parts (there are a bunch of these settlements between the houston-dallas-san antonio triangle)

now to think about tomorrows food offering.... 8-)
  • Well... there's the south, then there's the deep south, and then there's miami. Best comment I ever heard about the 'real' south florida (not tampa): "The greatest thing about miami - Its so close to the United States"

I'm sure they'll play down here at one point in the future, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Its just tough when you and your wife are PJammers, with a kid, and need something local to be financially reasonable.

I'll offer up some Cafe Cubanos.

Peace.
  • themessengerthemessenger Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

page 3 bump...

oh and Eric, for the record, Kolaches are a breakfast delicacy 'round Texas. They're basically a very rich, roll (bordering on pastry) filled with breakfast type foods, and cheese... some of my favs are:

bacon and cheese
    egg, bacon, and cheese
    sausage and cheese
    jalapano sausage
    salami and cheese
    pizza

They are on awesome hangover cure too ;). Called Kolaches by Czech and German settlers in rural texas who first introduced them to these parts (there are a bunch of these settlements between the houston-dallas-san antonio triangle)

I used to stop in West, TX which is right north of Waco off I35 and get Kolaches there a lot. They have a place there called the Czech Stop right off the highway. I'm sure most of you Texans who have driven between Dallas and Austin have seen it. Kolaches are amazing, just another reason to come down and experience some shows in Texas!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    shep wrote:
    EZ1221C wrote:

page 3 bump...

bacon and cheese
    egg, bacon, and cheese
    sausage and cheese
    jalapano sausage
    salami and cheese
    pizza

I used to stop in West, TX which is right north of Waco off I35 and get Kolaches there a lot. They have a place there called the Czech Stop right off the highway. I'm sure most of you Texans who have driven between Dallas and Austin have seen it. Kolaches are amazing, just another reason to come down and experience some shows in Texas!

I've stopped there before! Delicious kolaches and always very busy.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    animated-smileys-garden-019.gifplay the south! :geek:
  • Bring it... You would think they would actually tour in support of pj20 instead of just one place. I dunno just my thoughts.
  • play the south
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Bring it... You would think they would actually tour in support of pj20 instead of just one place. I dunno just my thoughts.
    you would think - but not PJ :|
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    2012. You'd think they'd do atleast 6 cities in the south. It'll happen...
  • PJpaddlePJpaddle Posts: 35
    Bump
  • bump
    Porch is awful quiet today. Must be the calm before the storm. 8-)
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • EZ1221C wrote:
    Porch is awful quiet today. Must be the calm before the storm. 8-)

Triple checking stuff, making sure I don't forget stuff (of course I always do). Always afraid to go to sleep the night before if I have an early flight out (5:40 am)..
    BumpSmiley.gif
    bump
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    PTS....please
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    Come on... Give them a break. The invention of dvd? there is no reason to keep begging? Liberals oops I said the l wrd. :? Some people just have fear. And some super conserv.... atory people are jackasses eventhough they are hippos? Does this make sense. Because It is hurricane season... they dumped oil on us..., and it's really hot. Has one ever thought? " Hey there is no sense in beating a dead horse?" japanese for perhaps... TokiDoki

Can't we be friends? one day?