10C collaboration (2-feign-reluctance & mfc2006)

mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
edited July 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
(i already posted this in the Other Music forum, but thought we should post it here as well for our AET friends)

a friend of mine from the pit, Chris Lee (2-feign-reluctance), approached me a few weeks ago &
asked if I wanted to start collaborating on some songs.
i had to finish some stuff up first...but once that was done, i shot him an email & said "i'm ready!".

2 days later, he emailed me the music to this song.
when i woke up, there it was in my inbox.
i knew that it would be good b/c i'd listened to his music before..
but this was different. it really grabbed me.
in my groggy state, a melody immediately emerged.
i kept humming it over & over again until i got home.
what you hear is the 2nd take all done at once.
it's called "Presently Falling" & it sounds different from anything that I've ever worked on..
& I rather like that.

Chris plays all of the instruments & i lend my voice/words.
this is the first of many collaborations for us. i think we're off to a good start!

enjoy & feel free to comment...
Matt
(mfc2006)

you can listen to it here:

http://www.myspace.com/mattcluthe

and here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/prof ... 607&ref=ts
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• good shit
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I'm not easily impressed with anything new musically these days, but I REALLY like this song. I'd love to get an mp3 of it.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    yea i am also impressed. i listened to the whole thing. which says a lot for me.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    thanks a lot! it came together so quickly. we're both excited to see what else we can come up with!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    shameless bump 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • wow! thanks for the compliments all! i'm chris by the way. matt and i met on this message board awhile back and like he said, we just started collaborating on music together. matt's a VERY talented singer/songwriter/guitar player and it seems like we've hit a rich vein of material that each of us is bringing to the table.

can't wait to share more with you all!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    amazing :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    thanks again for everyone's responses....

i'm in the process of mixing the 2nd song called "Setting Sun". hope to finish it soon so we can share it. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    i finally finished the editing & mixing! thanks for all of the feedback on "Presently Falling". hope you all enjoy "Setting Sun"! Chris (2-feign-reluctance) played all of the guitars & wrote the core of the song. i added vocals, lyrics, piano & bass. you can hear it here:

www.myspace.com/mattcluthe

& here...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 607&ref=ts
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    just wanted to bump this real quick. Chris & I have been working on our next song called "Open". it's a song that i wrote about a year or so ago, but has always seemed unfinished. well, now it's finished! Chris did an awesome job with this song & it really sounds a lot different from the previous two songs we've done.

all of the tracks are done...i just need to find the time to mix/master it. we'll let you all know when it's done---hopefully i'll finish it in the next 2 days or so. thanks again for listening!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    hiya everyone...

i just posted the latest collaboration, "Open", on my myspace page. this is a song that i wrote about 6 months or so ago, but it felt unfinished....enter Chris (2-feign-reluctance). i sent him a few of my unfinished songs & let him choose the next project for us to work on. it sounds a lot different from the previous two & we're both really happy with how it turned out! you can listen to it here:
    http://www.myspace.com/mattcluthe

& here...(later on today)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 607&ref=ts

thanks for listening!!! let us know if you want mp3's. 8-)

chris: tremolo & lead guitar, bass, harmonica & backing vocals
    matt: vocals, lyrics, acoustic guitar, slide, piano
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Presently Falling is still the big hit for me. I think it's an excellent song and as I said before, I'm not easily impressed with music these days. I buy about 1 album's worth of songs a year anymore.

As I said before, I'd definitely take an mp3 of it if you wanted to share it.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 wrote:
    As I said before, I'd definitely take an mp3 of it if you wanted to share it.

whoops! i must've missed that in your earlier post. pm sent.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • You guys sound awesome :D:D I would definitely be interested in MP3s of the songs. Thanks :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    update:
    i'm currently mixing the 4th song of our collaboration. it's called 'Here We Are' & should be up later today! i'll post the links & info once i'm done. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    here we are, holding on....

those are the final lines of this new song. the provide a sense of optimism during times of uncertainty. the uncertainty that we all face on a daily basis or as a result of a traumatic event. in my case, that would be when my Dad passed. i wrote these lyrics about 3 1/2 years ago...it had been about a year since he passed away. while they provided a sense of healing, they never made their way into a song...until now.

this song was written by my friend & collaborator, Chris Lee (2-feign-reluctance). he sent this over with his first batch of demos when we started working on music together and it was called '9/20 Demo'. i immediately had a melody, but couldn't find the right words to fit the urgency in the vocal line that i heard in my head. while we were working on the previous three songs, this melody never left my head.

last week, i remembered the unused lyrics to 'Here We Are'. once we wrapped up working on 'Open', i decided to try these lyrics. it fit perfectly. i had to trim a word here & there, but about 95% of the original lyrics are still intact & present in this collaboration.

whether he knows it or not, Chris pushes me. his songs are damned good & they're very approachable from a writing standpoint. his music has awakened a part of my musical brain and we're having a blast. enjoy the song!

Matt

Chris Lee: rhythm guitar, lead guitar, bass, drumkit
    Matt Cluthe: all vocals, guitar, production

you can listen to it here:
    www.myspace.com/mattcluthe

thanks for listening!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    ok---sorry to be such a pain in the ass.... 8-)

but i've just created a myspace page & blog that is solely devoted to this collaboration. check it out here:
    www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling

thanks for your support!! and thanks so much for listening. we're both having a blast with this collaboration!

-Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • matt and chris, nicely done !!!!!!!

i too would like an mp3 of presently falling

thanks!
    matt and chris, nicely done !!!!!!!

i too would like an mp3 of presently falling

thanks!

thanks! PM sent!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    just posted a new song of ours called 'The Wrong Time'. we're also in the middle of working on a couple of other songs & hope to have the next one finished by the weekend. you can listen to all of the songs here:

thanks for your feedback & support!!!
    -Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    wow---Chris(2-feign-reluctance) & I have had a really productive week. i'm almost done mixing TWO (2!) new songs that we've completed in the last couple of days & they don't sound like each other...at all.

one is a bluesy song that i started working on about 3 weeks ago that we tore apart & rebuilt called "Circle" & the other is a song that i wrote about 4-5 days ago called "Sundown". we left the original track (my vocals & guitar) & Chris added backing vocals, percussion & some beautiful guitar work...his input really took them to a new level. these are 2 very different songs...and they're probably my favorites that we've worked on thus far.

i'll be posting them online as soon as i finish mixing them & will update you guys as soon as they're available online.

thanks so much for the support, comments & feedback!!!

Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    "Circle" & "Sundown" are done!! hope you all enjoy listening to them as much as we enjoyed writing/recording them. you can listen here: http://www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling.

thanks again for your support! just let Chris or I know if you want mp3s of any of our songs.

cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    bump! 8-)

the next song is in the works!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    hey everyone....

another really productive week is in the books!! i finished mixing "hopefully hoping" yesterday & it can be found here:
    www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling.

it's a beautiful song that Chris wrote not that long ago & it came together rather quickly. we made some minor adjustments from the demo & before we knew it, it was done! his guitar work on this track is simply awesome.
    Chris: (music) guitars, bass, drums
    Matt: (lyrics) vocals, piano, mixing

we've also finished recording our 10th (can't believe that!!) song called "Midnight". it's a song i wrote about 9-10 months ago & i've always felt like it wasn't quite finished. i sent it to Chris a few weeks ago & it's obvious that he had some ideas for it! we even have a guest vocalist (my amazing wife, Laurel)!! in any case, it's done...i just need to mix it.
    Matt: (music/lyrics), vocals, piano, slide
    Chris: guitar, bass, harmonica
    Laurel: backing vocals

so...look for that one in the next day or 2. as always, thanks for listening!!!! let either one of us know if you want mp3's.

Cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    (mfc2006 & 2-feign-reluctance)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    8-) new song bump! 8-)

howdy..
    i finally finished mixing "Midnight" & you can hear it here:

there are a few other 'new' songs ups there as well..."Hopefully Hoping", "Circle" and "Sundown" have all been completed in the last week or so if you want to give them a listen.

it's so cool to hear "Midnight" this way...it's a song i wrote almost a year ago & it has always seemed unfinished. we also have 3 other songs in the works right now. the next one is a great song that Chris (2-feign-reluctance) wrote about a week ago. he sent it to me & i wrote some lyrics for it. this is a definite switch from the tone of "Midnight", but we really love it.

anyway, i've kept you long enough. thanks for listening!!

Matt & Chris
    (mfc2006 & 2-feign-reluctance)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hi all

matt and i just finished a brand new song called The Color Burns and posted it to our page at www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling

its a departure from what we've been doing lately (check out "Midnight" whilst there) and we had a blast putting together this rocker!

as always, if there's anything you like, PM either of us mfc2006 or 2-feign-reluctance and we'll gladly send you free mp3's.

go on over and turn it up!!

cheers!
    chris (2-feign-reluctance) :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • great work, guys :-) keep it up...love the collaboration!
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
    great work, guys :-) keep it up...love the collaboration!

thanks, Janet!! have fun @ the LA shows!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    hey everyone...

we just posted 2 new songs ("A Harmless Song" & "Predicament") on our page. check them out & feel free to let us know if you want mp3's! it's been a very productive week for us! i came back from Austin & Chris (2-feign-reluctance) had a lot waiting for me! we also have 3 other songs that are in various points of recording...can't wait to share them with you all!

Chris did an awesome job on Harmless---it's easily become on of my favorites thus far! my wife makes another appearance on Predicament taking co-lead vocals & showing me how to harmonize! ha!

thanks for listening!!

Matt

the link:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    busy week!!

we posted 2 more new ones earlier today here:
    and
    www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

"Sneaking Suspicion" is quite a departure for us, but we love how it sounds! it's a song that Chris wrote & I immediately grabbed on to. "Silver Lining" is an older song of mine that's been collecting dust for awhile now...but we re-worked it & are really happy with how it came out!

we've outgrown the myspace page, so we'll just be keeping the 10 most recent songs on there, but all of them can be found on reverbnation! hard to believe that Chris (2-feign-reluctance on the board) & I have completed 15 songs already! we have a few that are in the early stages right now & we'll keep you posted!

thanks for much for listening & for your support! as always, just pm/msg/email us if you want mp3's of any of our songs.

Cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com