Pearl Jam Tattoo Quinta Essentia

luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm thinking about getting a Pearl Jam tattoo and I really like the Quinta essentia one. It's the one with the five elements but I can't remember on which Pearl Jam Artwork I saw it.
Can someone tell me more about the meaning of each symbol, maybe there's someone who can post pictures or links ? If there are people out there who already have one it would be very cool to show it ;)
thanks in advance
Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Haven't a clue what the symbols mean, but I've seen pictures of people with that tattoo before and it looks really cool. Good choice.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • I've been thinking about this one for a while too...dunno if I'll ever get it done. Always wanted to have it on my forearm, but not sure I have the balls for that. Anyways, here are the pics I have for it:

Tattoo%20-%20Quinta%20Essentia.jpg

Tattoo.jpg

I've always assumed they stand for Earth, Air, Wind, Fire, and the Fifth Element (Quinta Essentia aka Aether), but I don't know which is which other than the last symbol is the Quinta Essentia (dodecahedron).

The date stamp on the pic is 2005, but it's definitely older than that! I'm thinking Vitalogy, as that would fit with the elements.
  • wolkenloswolkenlos Posts: 591
    Could anybody send me a bigger scan of this? Maybe..uhm...a scan of the t-shirt itself? :D
    I'm also thinking about getting this as my next tattoo! Would be awesome if someone could help me because there are absolutely no pictures anywhere :)
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Quintessence The fifth and highest essence after the four elements of earth, air, fire, and water, thought to be the substance of the heavenly bodies. A renewed consciousness that everything—numbers, elements, senses, and colors—has a vertical dimension that gives it a divine significance.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • BUMP. If anyone has a larger scan. Please post it or send it to me :)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • NadesNades Posts: 158
    heres mine, got it done last year!

aNebml.jpg