Options

*** Made-to-Order Bootlegs!!!!!!!!!!! ***

inmytree29inmytree29 Posts: 77
edited June 2008 in The Porch
THANK YOU TEN CLUB!!!!! There's nothing like a good old fashioned CD!!!!!!!!
Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?

6/13/99 ;6/18/03 ;6/21/03 ;10/02/04 ;10/03/04; 9/12/05 ;5/16/06 ;5/17/06 ;5/19/06 ;5/20/06; 6/24/06 ;6/30/06; 8/21/08; 8/22/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Made to order CD's...how cool...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    mmm .. cd's!!!

*drools .. like crazy style!

:)
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    thank you, indeed.
    my old truck and old cd player can only handle a good old fashioned cd.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,730
    it leaves nothing for anyone to bitch about. you got mp3, flac, and disc to choose from. can't beat that with a sore dick.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    Thank God for this! I don't have the time, patience, diskspace and other resources to download FLAC files, convert them, burn them, and start with the artwork. It was a huge waste of time and therefore, my purchasing went from an entire tour (2003) to just a couple of shows (2005/2006). I don't do MP3's. I like sound quality. I like putting a CD in the car or home stereo. I don't own an Ipod. Some may like the immediate gratification, but I'd rather have a CD of a show. The extra $2 for the CD over FLAC is totally worth it. Considering the downloading time, resolving technical issues, going out and buying media, hardware, etc., $2 is a bargain; the best I've ever had :)
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I agree with the CD thing. I hate to complain about bootlegs, but all the downloading, converting, burning, etc... was becoming a pain in the ass

Cant wait to get me some CD's!
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i like the choices and i know i sound like i am bitching BUT!

if we order the CD, do we have access to an MP3 download also or would they have to be purchased separately? and why are the bootlegs available 2 weeks after the show? wasn't it the last tour that low quality downloads were available the very next day?

don't get me wrong, i am thankful that they are doing this, but i think it could be slightly better.

here is what i would want to see:

1. LQ DL available next day for download (maybe with a pre-order of a HQ DL or CD). this isn't much to ask IMO as they have done this in the past.
    2. HQ download(s) available at 2 weeks is fine. link is PMed or sent to email if pre-ordered
    3. CD Delivered whenever would be fine. i am starting to get out of the "need to have physical CD" phase of my music collection thanks to iTunes and torrents. though i do like certain groups physical CDs (NIN/Radiohead and PJ mainly)
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    It's about time!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    lephty wrote:
    i like the choices and i know i sound like i am bitching BUT!

if we order the CD, do we have access to an MP3 download also or would they have to be purchased separately? and why are the bootlegs available 2 weeks after the show? wasn't it the last tour that low quality downloads were available the very next day?

don't get me wrong, i am thankful that they are doing this, but i think it could be slightly better.

here is what i would want to see:

1. LQ DL available next day for download (maybe with a pre-order of a HQ DL or CD). this isn't much to ask IMO as they have done this in the past.
    2. HQ download(s) available at 2 weeks is fine. link is PMed or sent to email if pre-ordered
    3. CD Delivered whenever would be fine. i am starting to get out of the "need to have physical CD" phase of my music collection thanks to iTunes and torrents. though i do like certain groups physical CDs (NIN/Radiohead and PJ mainly)

You have a good point about the availability of a really low quality MP3, like 56K, as they did in 2003. My guess is that it is just too much for them. In 2003, it was only CD and the low quality MP3 was for those who absolutely just couldn't wait. For some, hearing what happened is like a drug fix and the instant gratification is so highly sought after. I think that was what the low quality mp3's addressed. By offering CD's, FLAC's and High end MP3's, they have a lot of work and need infrastructure and resources over and above 2003.

Maybe here is a thought... Given that you can strip MP3's off a CD, and for a CD, you paid the higher price, maybe by purchasing a CD, one could be entitled to the MP3 (not FLAC) as well. The MP3's are small, and easy to download. FLAC is another story. 20-50 meg per song really causes infrastructure issues and they are rightfully priced high. People's issues become the vendor's issues. More tech support needed for sure.

On the issue of 2 weeks. I would rather wait two weeks+ and have better mixing and sound quality, as opposed to having something hastily produced and poorly mixed but immediately available. Long after the show, and receipt of the CD, it won't matter if the CD came in a day, or two weeks. From a listening lifetime perspective, sound quality will matter more.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Nice..can't beat it with a....wait a minute...somebody said that already!
    Anyway, its all good!