OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
edited August 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anyone seen this movie trailer?

http://www.sonyclassics.com/itmightgetloud/main.html

I love The Edge's music, but I think Mike would have been a better choice! :D
BRING BACK THE WHALE
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I get the whole younger generation idea, but I still haven't figured out how Jack White fits in there. But maybe that's just me. I should see it and see if the film clears that up for me somehow.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I get the whole younger generation idea, but I still haven't figured out how Jack White fits in there. But maybe that's just me. I should see it and see if the film clears that up for me somehow.
    Jack is simply a brilliant guitarist.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Well, from what I've heard so far, I think that he's pretty good but he hasn't quite got my full attention as a guitarist yet. Maybe I just have to look into it a little further.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I get the whole younger generation idea, but I still haven't figured out how Jack White fits in there. But maybe that's just me. I should see it and see if the film clears that up for me somehow.

i spoke to a scientist who confirmed Jack White is 17 times the guitar player than the Edge.

thats why he's there... all musicians in all interviews i've read have never said a bad word about Jack White's guitar playing... he's admired and respected by Jimmy Page for fucks sake... i'l leave it at that.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Well, from what I've heard so far, I think that he's pretty good but he hasn't quite got my full attention as a guitarist yet. Maybe I just have to look into it a little further.

He's really one of the best choices. Frusciante coulda worked, but there's really not many guitar heroes around with a broad appeal.
  • I own a few White Stripes records but so far his playing hasn't appealed to me. I don't know. Maybe it's just a matter of taste or something. And it's not that i don't have any respect for him. I sure do. But his playing just doesn't move me.
  • What i don't understand is why The Edge is in there. They could have picked anyone else. But maybe this is just me, i HATE U2.