Options

Pastels??

dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
edited August 2009 in The Art Wall
Anyone work with pastels?? I've been really wanting to make some art lately, but I don't know how to use oil paints, which is what I'd REALLY like to use...but, I've decided to aim at pastels...

can anybody help me figure out what the best supplies to buy are? (kind of pastels, paper, etc..)
7/2/06 - Denver, CO
6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I started with oils for the PJ contest but after losing my mind waiting for the oil paint to dry i discover acrylic paints! One of my best friends use pastels but he started with charcoals, my advise (after all the rant :lol: ) is make a little research over the internet and buy the most basic kit and if you feel confortable jump to the bigger things.

I'll be waiting to see how it goes! good luck and enjoy the ride!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    they have special paper for pastels... they are fun, but messy! good luck!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    I started with oils for the PJ contest but after losing my mind waiting for the oil paint to dry i discover acrylic paints! One of my best friends use pastels but he started with charcoals, my advise (after all the rant :lol: ) is make a little research over the internet and buy the most basic kit and if you feel confortable jump to the bigger things.

I'll be waiting to see how it goes! good luck and enjoy the ride!

Thanks pal!

You're always my artistic supporter around here, if I make any kind of...er...masterpiece :roll:, I'll let you know.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Thanks pal!

You're always my artistic supporter around here, if I make any kind of...er...masterpiece :roll:, I'll let you know.

I see a lot of potential in you! and if i support you now i may become your manager in the future :lol:

You're very talented! You have my support future graphic designer!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Thanks pal!

I see a lot of potential in you! and if i support you now i may become your manager in the future :lol:

You're very talented! You have my support future graphic designer!

Dude, the manager job is yours! haha! :lol:

I forgot to even fill you in on this...check out some of my t-shirt designs..well and, art...:oops: :

http://www.redbubble.com/people/stillframe
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Nice!!! :shock:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    arq wrote:
    Nice!!! :shock:

You like?? :?

I've been excited and showing these off to as many people as possible...I even sent out a mass text to all my friends. :lol:

I have huge ideas...but don't know how to use photoshop the way I want to, and I have NEVER used illustrator...but my classes for school start August 26th...I can't describe my excitement...I desperately need a creative outlet...and photography just doesn't keep up with me anymore.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    arq,
    just looked at the paintings you sent me a while ago...sorry I forgot for a bit :(.

I LOVE THEM!!!! so awesome!!!! my favorite is The Fixer!!! I hope you submitted those, cause they are the cat's pajamas ;):lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    arq,
    just looked at the paintings you sent me a while ago...sorry I forgot for a bit :(.

I LOVE THEM!!!! so awesome!!!! my favorite is The Fixer!!! I hope you submitted those, cause they are the cat's pajamas ;):lol:

:lol:
    Neil deGrasse Tyson