Options

Hold on to the thread, the currents will shift

foxymophandlemommafoxymophandlemomma Posts: 103
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I didn’t start the thread that led to my post/new thread, so I want to shout out to the one that did: Happy Bday 2-feign-reluctance!!! I'm also turning 30 this year too...weird.

Feign, you are so right; it has been an amazing run of years…which leads me to my elated panic on the B train into work this morning. So...I don't know about anyone else, but i go through pj cycles: I'll listen to nothing but pj for a few weeks/a month...then switch off and don't actively listen to them at all - that is if they shuffle onto my iPod I don't turn it off. I was in the middle of a switched off cycle when i heard about the tour last week. After all the ticket drama yesterday & being lucky enough to get tix, i was craving to hear the most recent album...which immediately made me get all smiley & giddy about the upcoming shows - i even started drumming on the train (hello loser! I love it).

Anyway...i thought of the many years of shows, the ritual of it all...and then the thought came. the thought i try not to think: when will it all end? When will they wake up and decide, "meh, I'm done and just want to live a peaceful life with my family now." They're all surely set financially, so i have to believe they are still doing this for the love of touring & making music...and us. I don't know if it's gonna in be 1, 2 or 10 years, but it will end one day. It will be a sad day, but as i think back on it all - my first concert at randall's island in '96, sitting on someone’s shoulders during who you are, the first time I heard oceans live, reading theskyiscrape.com set lists moments after shows, the moment I found out about the third show in boston in 2000 and THEN when I found out about the acoustic set beforehand, the free Irving Plaza show after over 24h on line at tower records & calling in sick to work, ticket karma coming back around to me in Hartford in o6, storytellers…and how I still fee whenever I hear do the evolution or in my tree (or almost any song on no code) – I realize there is no way to properly thank the band & 10c enough. Nothing I do could give them back what they gave me.

I cannot WAIT until June.

…and we’re all allowed to dream of the next, oh the next…time we touch…
It's an art to live with pain...mix the light into grey..

9.28.96, 9.8.98, 8.24.00, 8.27.00, 8.29.00, 7.2.03, 7.3.03, 7.9.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 5.1.06, 5.13.06, 5.31.06, 6.1.06, 6.3.06, 6.24.08, 6.25.08, 6.27.08, 6.28.08, 6.30.08