RIP Lester Polfuss

DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
edited August 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
If nobody had ever heard of Gibson Les Paul's, he would still be more important to us than any believe.....

delay, flanging, overdubbing, multitrack recording......

Goodbye to the father of modern music.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rest in peace Les. thanks for everything you have given us guitar players.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    rest in peace Les. thanks for everything you have given us guitar players.
    There will never be another person that will contribute more to electric music.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Thanks, Les. RIP.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • A nice man and a huge talent. A sad day.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I believe I can speak for the entire guitar playing community when I say 'Rest In Peace'.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    I believe I can speak for the entire guitar playing community when I say 'Rest In Peace'.
    +1. This is a man that played the same club in New York for the past how many years now? Pure love for music clearly, and it's sad that his time has come.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • It's really sad to see people like that go...
  • I'm excited to see what Kalamazoo (hometown!) does. Les was amazing. God rest his soul
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • HebejebeHebejebe Posts: 108
    The BBC did a really great program on Les last year called Les Paul: Chasing Sound. If you never watched it I'd recommend doing so as BBC4 is bound to repeat it some time soon I'd imagine. For those outside the UK, bittorrent is your friend.

R.I.P Les.