Eddie offically looks like the Dude

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,765
    can't believe this hasn't been stated yet but....
    Do you see this larry?? This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!!!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • WHERES BUNNY?
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • that rug really tied the room together.
    buy the ticket, take the ride.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    "This aggresion will not stand man"
  • Donny: Where you goin' Dude?
    Dude: Home, Donny.
    Donny: Phone's ringin', Dude
    Dude: Thank you Donny!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    FW46778 wrote:
    White Russians anyone
    29596303-29596308-slarge.jpg

I realize there's a joke in this thread but I think it's a good picture!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I was thinking the Same thing!...:)
  • Commy wrote:
    caucasian gary.

:mrgreen:

man, i LOVE that flick!

watch the beverage, man!

that's like, just your opinion dude....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Maude: What do you do for recreation?
    Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

Since that movie I have officially switched my "cocktail of choice" to "caucasians" and proud of it...and they are yummy too :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    This is one of my favourite's of all time. So many classic one liners, my fav is "You're entering a world of pain". Has anyone else noticed that you never see any of the main characters actually bowl! He sure does look like the Dude & now it is Eddie abides!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • Its a fucking show dog, with fucking papers.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    :lol: Was just thinking this!
    There's this picture in the latest Rolling Stone (w/ Lil Wayne on the cover) of Jeff Bridges-- picture number 3 on page 41-- and I was just skimming through & could have swore it was Ed :lol:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Seb77Seb77 Posts: 78
    This isn't Nam man, this is bowling, there are RULES!
    Nijmegen 2007 Rotterdam 2009 Philadelphia 4 2009 Nijmegen 2010 Berlin 2010 Amsterdam 1&2 2012 Arras 2012 Amsterdam 1&2 2014
    Amsterdam 1&2 Pinkpop Berlin 2018
  • "Yes, Walter, you're right. There is an unspoken message here. It's "FUCK YOU, LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!" Yeah, I'll be at practice."
    "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."
    KC, MO 7.3.98
    OKC 4.3.03
    KC, MO 5/2010
    EV- Memphis 6.20.09
    EV- Tulsa 11.18.12
  • zootownzootown Posts: 666
    Actually the resemblance is def there. However, I have had the distinct honor of meeting the real "Dude" Jeff Dowd, and sorry, he looks nothing like Eddie :lol:
    I hold the pain, release me!
  • Music business....briefly
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • You're out of your fuckin element, Donnie.
    2000: DC / 2002: Letterman 2 / 2003: Raleigh, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Philly, State College, Camden 1, Camden 2, DC, MSG 1, MSG 2, Hershey, Holmdel, Bridgeschool 1, Bridgeschool 2 / 2004: Reading / 2005: Philly / 2006: Camden 1, DC / 2008: Palm Beach,Camden 1,Camden 2,DC,MSG 1,MSG 2,Boston 2 / 2009: (EV) Philly 2, (EV) Baltimore 2, San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4 / 2010: Boston, Newark, MSG 1, MSG 2 / 2011: (EV) Philly
  • Whenever I hear anything about the Big Lebowski I immediately think of the hilarity of this scene...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWtesJrLSNA&feature=fvsr
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    Its a fucking show dog, with fucking papers.
    I sure am just look at me! This is the best post ever. "I fucking hate the eagles" Dont blame you dude. :lol:
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • justam wrote:
    FW46778 wrote:
    White Russians anyone

not to turn this thread discussion into *that*...but wtf is going on with ed's hair here?
    one time before that i recall, someone posted a pic saying it looked like ed was getting hairplugs or sumthin'. :? man can do what he likes, no judgments, but it seriously looks like that here as well. either that or the man chose to cut his widow's peak real short and leave the rest of his head of hair long. :D

the dude abides........
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

justam wrote:
    FW46778 wrote:
    White Russians anyone

not to turn this thread discussion into *that*...but wtf is going on with ed's hair here?
    one time before that i recall, someone posted a pic saying it looked like ed was getting hairplugs or sumthin'. :? man can do what he likes, no judgments, but it seriously looks like that here as well. either that or the man chose to cut his widow's peak real short and leave the rest of his head of hair long. :D

the dude abides........
    8-)
    When you rock as hard as Ed does you are going to have a hair problem. i wished i had that problem.
  • BALLBOY wrote:
    When you rock as hard as Ed does you are going to have a hair problem. i wished i had that problem.

dunno if one has anything to do with the other :lol: but whatever...just an observation.
    the man looks fantastic, no doubt...and he's still got it musically too...so it's all good.
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    language warning..... just like ed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf7frtuyF14
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • bestmovieever

kudos to the OP. one of the best posts eva.
  • shep wrote:
    can't believe this hasn't been stated yet but....
    Do you see this larry?? This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!!!

Or you could go with the edited for TV quote. "Do you see this Larry??, This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps". :lol::lol:

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • googoo Posts: 226
    what the hell? it was just a few months ago when I posted a very similar thread about how I thought Eddie really looks like The Dude nowadays, and everyone thought I was more stoned than The Dude himself. I got a lost of "that's like.... your opinion, man" responses.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    goo wrote:
    what the hell? it was just a few months ago when I posted a very similar thread about how I thought Eddie really looks like The Dude nowadays, and everyone thought I was more stoned than The Dude himself. I got a lost of "that's like.... your opinion, man" responses.
    I still don't think he looks anything like him except similiar haircut and beard which could be said about a hell of a lot of guys walking around. Eddies eyes, smile, teeth totally different- Ed is a one of a kind beauty
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pandora wrote:
    goo wrote:
    I still don't think he looks anything like him except similiar haircut and beard which could be said about a hell of a lot of guys walking around. Eddies eyes, smile, teeth totally different- Ed is a one of a kind beauty

Right on!

I totally agree...Ed is one of a kind..and a spectacular one at that :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Seriously...it took 58 replies to get to the best line in the movie (and most often spoken):
    Shut the fuck up, Donny!

Perhaps everyone was waiting for someone named Donny to post...
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    pandora wrote:

Hear, hear!! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me