Current Gear

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited August 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Here's my current board from the show, yesterday. It's not the best picture and it was taken right after our show, by a friend. Anyway, lemme know if you got any questions on the pedals...

5340_1105987450689_1256850009_30260470_4258642_n.jpg
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice board!There's a rally lot of Overdrive/Distortion on that board. Do you use all of that?
  • Nice board!There's a rally lot of Overdrive/Distortion on that board. Do you use all of that?
    Yes. The tube screamer is for subtle overdrive and is moded(just the footswitch). The DS1 is for heavy distortion and a boost (it's moded), and the Guv'nor is my main distortion/overdrive. I only use the Flender on a couple solos. My amp overdrive is rarely ever used. Believe it or not, I've taken a few pedals off. That's a slimmed down board than I'm used to
    Yes. The tube screamer is for subtle overdrive and is moded(just the footswitch). The DS1 is for heavy distortion and a boost (it's moded), and the Guv'nor is my main distortion/overdrive. I only use the Flender on a couple solos. My amp overdrive is rarely ever used. Believe it or not, I've taken a few pedals off. That's a slimmed down board than I'm used to
    wow man, that is a serious pedal board. it reminds me of the guy in incubus :D

i am the opposite of you. i use amp distortion and only a few other effects like a rotosphere, phaser,and a wah and delay. i only have 2 distortion pedals on my board currently and one has a clean boost so that is why i use it. i use single channel vintage amps so i like my amp tone much better than the newer stuff thats out there now. let me see if i can find a pic of my board.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Oh man, I would LOVE a single channel amp. I feel like I'm neglecting my drive channel if I don't use it.

By the way, I used to LOVE Mike Einziger (Incubus) but he's changed his board up, a lot. At least I'm not like Omar Rodrigez (Mars Volta). He usually has 150-200 on stage.
  • l_a845805b378c44528fd5d2df51ccc961.jpg
    ok here is my current board. sorry the pic is so dark. from right i have a boss tuner, budda wah, mr. fazeadelic phaser, mxr analog delay, maxon sonic distortion, zvex box of rock (the one i use more than anything) and a H&K rotosphere with custom paint and label job...i have tons more pedals but since i use just the amp tone clean and distortion most of the time these work and sound best with my current set up which is posted below.

l_15a96e54ef724a268e0586c398963d18.jpg

ok the 2 amps i use the most, on the left 1994 matchless clubman with a marshall straight cab with vintage 30s is my back up, and on the right is a 1974 marshall jmp (50 watt, non master volume) with a marshall slant cab with vintage 30s. this is my workhorse. on top of that is a thd hotplate because its just too loud without it. in a perfect world i would just A/B these and use the matchless for cleans and the marshall for dirt but its just too much to lug around.

• Those are a couple of really nice amps, man.
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Really cool gear in this thread! Love those two amps... Matchless!

I'm in the process of completely renewing my guitar rig. I'm selling all the old stuff I barely ever use. I'm going back to basics... Guitar, Wah, Delay, Amp. That's it. Getting ready to record, so I'll be getting an Orange AC30 in view of that... So excited!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Yielded wrote:

I'm in the process of completely renewing my guitar rig. I'm selling all the old stuff I barely ever use. I'm going back to basics... Guitar, Wah, Delay, Amp. That's it. Getting ready to record, so I'll be getting an Orange AC30 in view of that... So excited!
    yeah i am with you, keep it simple. i used to have about 10 or 11 pedals on my board and a few of them hanging off of it but pligged into it but i would always have something go wrong and it was just a nightmare trying to trouble shoot on stage just before a gig so i took several of them off my board. i have pretty decent amp tone so i use that with some pedals for accents.

orange amps are nice. i love their tone and i really love the way they look. they are built like tanks. i looked long and hard at them before i found my '74 marshall. the marshall was a couple of hundred bucks more than the orange i was looking at but it was in dead mint condition and unmodded so i chose the marshall. i love the matchless but i think my marshall kills it though.

you will have to post some pics of your new rig.

Yielded wrote:

yeah i am with you, keep it simple. i used to have about 10 or 11 pedals on my board and a few of them hanging off of it but pligged into it but i would always have something go wrong and it was just a nightmare trying to trouble shoot on stage just before a gig so i took several of them off my board. i have pretty decent amp tone so i use that with some pedals for accents.

orange amps are nice. i love their tone and i really love the way they look. they are built like tanks. i looked long and hard at them before i found my '74 marshall. the marshall was a couple of hundred bucks more than the orange i was looking at but it was in dead mint condition and unmodded so i chose the marshall. i love the matchless but i think my marshall kills it though.

Yeah, I bet that Marshall sounds fantastic!

I love that Orange overdrive... Thick, crunchy... And yeah, they look great! (And d'oh, I meant the AD30 of course...)

I'm really not happy with any of my sounds any more, so I thought I might as well take the recordings I'm getting ready to do as an opportunity to sort out my guitar sound once and for all.

I'll definitely post some pictures once I get it all together... Hopefully September.

So, what kind of guitars are you playing at the moment?
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • Yielded wrote:
    Yielded wrote:

Yeah, I bet that Marshall sounds fantastic!

I love that Orange overdrive... Thick, crunchy... And yeah, they look great! (And d'oh, I meant the AD30 of course...)

I'm really not happy with any of my sounds any more, so I thought I might as well take the recordings I'm getting ready to do as an opportunity to sort out my guitar sound once and for all.

I'll definitely post some pictures once I get it all together... Hopefully September.

So, what kind of guitars are you playing at the moment?
    i think tone depends on your guitars as well. i have 2 strats that sound really thin to me running on those two amps so i dont use them too much. i have tried everything, jacksons, bc rich, charvels, etc but have settled on the following...

gig guitars that i play every show:
    2001 gibson les paul standard honeyburst
    2003 gibson les paul custom alpine white (main axe that can be seen in my avatar)
    2003 gibson sg special blue teal flip/flop
    1967 fender strat black with worn nitro finish, maple fretboard that is worn way down

backup guitars that never leave their cases anymore:
    2001 fender stat olympic white that has already yellowed
    1993 epiphone flying v that i dropped in some dimarzio pickups that sounds like complete crap now
    1998 epiphone les paul that i put in duncan pickups and ruined that one as well....
    1991 ibanez that i beat to hell over the years. needs some electrical work done, new pups or something...

thre are a few others i am forgetting right now...but the top 4 are the ones i play with those 2 rigs the most.

Wow, that's a nice collection of guitars!

A really nice Gibson LP has been on my shopping list since I was 14 :lol: They are seriously amazing.

My two main guitars are a really cool Japanese-made Ibanez RG and an Epiphone Dot. I know those RG's are often considered 'shred' guitars. I'm not a shredder at all (I don't have the skill :lol: ) but I bought it for its versatility and it's really grown on me now. It's so versatile, I can go from Strat-like tones to some really chunky rhythm sounds... The only thing that annoys me is the Floyd Rose, but I've learned to live with that too. And I've got the semi-hollow for alternate tunings. Yeah, I'm happy with my guitars... But I cannot wait for the new amp!

I'm also looking at getting a lap steel for slide stuff.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I need to get some good pics of my rig. Make you guys drool, a little, like you're doin to me........