Ohio State Buckeyes

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited July 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Only a month to go.

I read the preview on rivals and they expect the D to be better than the O. That supprises me considering the talent they lost in the LB and DB corps.

They also said they were working on transitioning to more of a Troy Smith offense. I think that is one of the biggest reasons Tressell told Beanie to go pro. Beanie would have been the perfect back for the 2002 offense.

O H
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I think they will finish with 2 losses with the only game I'm really concerned about losing is Penn State. I hope they go to either Rose Bowl this year. I can't believe it's been 12 years since they played in the Rose Bowl
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,776
    as a fan of college football...it will be fun to watch pryor's progress this season
  • IO
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    thunderDAN wrote:
    I think they will finish with 2 losses with the only game I'm really concerned about losing is Penn State. I hope they go to either Rose Bowl this year. I can't believe it's been 12 years since they played in the Rose Bowl

I take a 12 year abscense when they are playing in the games they have played in.

USC and Penn State should be the tough games. Michigan is always a trap game. They (Mi) shouldn't be a big ten contender this year, but they should be improved over last year's debacle. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team. :lol:

Hoping to make the Purdue game since it's the closest this year to me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    as a fan of college football...it will be fun to watch pryor's progress this season

They say he's make a big leap in the off season. Hopefully one of the WR steps up and the line gives him time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    IO
    :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    81 wrote:
    CROJAM95 wrote:

They say he's make a big leap in the off season. Hopefully one of the WR steps up and the line gives him time.

He seemed to have a good rapport with Dane Sanzenbacher on the field last season. I feel like they completed more passes than any other WR he threw to. Poor Dane got lit up all the time though... he kept running those crossing routes and then getting drilled by defenders. They need to do more of those passes. I feel like they're always either throwing a long bomb or running.

Excited for this season though. I just hope they get to stay out of the title game again. They're not ready for it. That's what happened the year they got dropped by LSU... rebuilding year that exceeded all expectations because they steamrolled a weak Big Ten and everyone else had a big choke game. I don't want to see them playing for the title again until I know they're going to make it a game for once.

Last year's game against Texas was a heartbreaker, but damned exciting. Just a shame that it was so overlooked. They lose big to an SEC team and it's headline news all over the country, they take the number 2/3 team down to the final seconds in the Fiesta Bowl and it's like everyone wants to ignore their solid performance.
    I thought they matched up well with LSU and could have one that game, save for about 2 plays.

When they scored the last TD agasit TX, i said, the scored to quickly.

Should be a good year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    81 wrote:
    I thought they matched up well with LSU and could have one that game, save for about 2 plays.

When they scored the last TD agasit TX, i said, the scored to quickly.

Should be a good year.

It is true that LSU game was closer than the score indicated. I was there. There were at least 2 times where OSU had stopped LSU on 3 and long and then got a personal foul after the play to give LSU a first down, after which they scored. It was obviously a young/rookie/rebuilding team. But even so, they were not one of the top 2 teams in the country that year and I understand why people were pissed about them being there... they didn't really earn it that season. Add that to their embarrassing choke the season before when they actually DID deserve a title shot, and you have the recipe for the Buckeye hatred that has ruled the day ever since. They badly need to start learning how to win big games against competent non-Big Ten teams on national tv... they've been humiliated far too many times.
    rumor has it....we would have a shot at the title game if they would have taken the bowl ban last year. :fp:

the tressel/pryor gift just keeps giving.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    lets go Bucks

fuck...

can't friggen wait to lay around on the couch on sat afternoons watching some buckeye football.

gonna get some tix to the game at northwestern
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Fuck Ohio State!

Buncha fucks!

:D
    mca47 wrote:
    Fuck Ohio State!

Buncha fucks!

:D

october 19th....mark it on your calender...beat down in the shoe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    lets go Bucks

fuck...

can't friggen wait to lay around on the couch on sat afternoons watching some buckeye football.

You should make an outing for this. I could buy some Northwestern clothes for that.
    81 wrote:
    lets go Bucks

fuck...

You should make an outing for this. I could buy some Northwestern clothes for that.

i'm too lazy to do that. :lol: but i'm buying a pair when they go on sale....i might have a spare... :lol: but you are welcome to join in the fun.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    lets go Bucks

fuck...

i'm too lazy to do that. :lol: but i'm buying a pair when they go on sale....i might have a spare... :lol: but you are welcome to join in the fun.

As long as the new baby is pooped out by then I'm in.

As long as the new baby is pooped out by then I'm in.

extra ticket has been claimed by the woman.....but you are welcome to join us. :lol:

god....fuck...i am ready for some buckeye football.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg