Options

350K# needs help on chances of getting both MSG shows during presale

chris47chris47 Posts: 32
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I was wanting some questions answered by the 10C 'seasoned veterans' out there. I have a 350K# and want to try and get tickets to both MSG shows. First, what are the odds I can do this? I just want to be in the building, not picky about seats. Secondly, I live near the ATL and the trip to NYC will only be a go if I get both shows. With that being said, if I get a ticket via 10C pre-sale and don't get the other show through 10C or TM, is there a proper way to unload the ticket I got or do I just have to eat the $150. I know the tickets are picked up at the venue the day of the show. Just asking b/c in the pre-sale e-mail it says, no refunds, no exchanges, etc. By the way, I am going solo so by the grace of God I do get tix to both shows I will have an extra for each night. Thank you for the help!
Take my hand, not my picture
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    your 10c number has no affect on whether or not you get tickets. it's a luck-of-the-draw thing.
    "and onward goes this thing of ours."

Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtieri
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Well...your 10C number has no bearing on your ability to get tickets. It's all luck of the browser making it into the ticket queue first ;-) It's first come first serve, and then the tickets are then allocated according to seniority.

On the second note...I think you can transfer to another 10C member, but the seats would be assigned according to their number. And it must be done well in advance. Unless they stopped doing this...
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    sward wrote:
    Well...your 10C number has no bearing on your ability to get tickets. It's all luck of the browser making it into the ticket queue first ;-) It's first come first serve, and then the tickets are then allocated according to seniority.

On the second note...I think you can transfer to another 10C member, but the seats would be assigned according to their number. And it must be done well in advance. Unless they stopped doing this...

no transfers allowed,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    no transfers allowed,...

they say that every tour, but they still allow them.

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    they say that every tour, but they still allow them.

i've never tested the theory, and wouldn't want to, but feel free to try and let me know how it goes hehe,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    manhattanmanhattan Posts: 258
    I think if you come to NYC, you will probably be able to get into both shows. PJ usually releases a few seats just before showtime. Plus there are always people who buy TM tickets just in case they might be better seats than 10C gives them, so they will have extras. There will also be people traveling to the city alone who would be looking for somebody to take their extra ticket. And there are always scalpers hanging around near the venue, as a last resort. So even if you only get tickets to one show, you should still come. (Besides, do you want to be the only 10C member who's not at MSG??)
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    i've never tested the theory, and wouldn't want to, but feel free to try and let me know how it goes hehe,...

i was always on the transferred-to end of the deals. worked great! got me better seats than my number would have gotten me.

• Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    You will at least be able to get tickets through TM for the shows.. MSG isn't going to sell out that fast...not as fast as the pre-sale at least..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..