Options

Packaging says Roo, discs are Camden

bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Did this happen to anyone else?
I ordered the Bonnaroo bootleg CD's. Waited weeks for them to arrive. The package arrived yesterday in Oregon. The packaging and cardboard CD sleeve said Manchester, TN. But when I put the discs into play, the songs didn't match the set list. In fact, the discs said Camden, NJ.
Huh?
They put the wrong discs in the Roo cases.
I can't believe this. Last year, my Gorge set was missing a disc. And now they send me the wrong show.
My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Yes it happened to me..instead of Bonnaroo disk 3 i got Washington DC disk 2..they must have 12 years putting those discs in
  • Options
    Kufala seems to have REALLY dropped the ball with this Pearl Jam venture. The wrong discs, song titles misspelled, discs won't play, discs get stuck when ejecting, setlists wrong, and on and on.
  • Options
    This still isn't as bad as The Pixies bootlegs on DiscLive. Those were CDR's that had "clicks" and "gaps" between the tracks like MP3's. The sound was ungodly bright, practically unlistenable. Most of the people who ordered got wrong discs, scratched discs, missing discs, discs missing songs, discs that said one thing and played another, etc. They never sent me 4 of the shows and it took me over a year to get a refund. Some people didn't get any discs at all. It was a horrible, horrible operation. After that, The Pixies switched to studio-remixed and silver-pressed discs, with really ncie artwork. Hopefully Pearl Jam will learn the same lesson.
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    My first order was also botched. I received my first order yesterday - Roo and Columbia. The Columbia cd was fine, but the Roo was all messed up. It had disc 1 from the Roo show, but NO disc 2 at all, and disc 3 was from the Wash DC show. I emailed Kufala and 10C. Guess I'll hear something on Monday.
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
    I ordered West Palm, Tampa, and Bonnaroo. After nearly 5 weeks of waiting, they finally arrived. I excitedly opened them only to realize they sent me 2 Tampa's and Bonnaroo. What a bummer. In Kufala's defense, when I called to tell them, the guy was really cool and just told me to "pass the extra CD along to a friend". I guess he really had no choice because I wasn't about to pay to ship it back.
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    I'm waiting on both MSG shows. Made them 2 separate orders; not sure if that was a good idea or not. We'll see...
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    I ordered both Camden shows and Hartford. I hope this doesn't happen to me, I'm sure 10c will fix the problem like send you a new bootleg, and maybe an extra one of your choice for the mix up.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    ribbanggaribbangga Posts: 10
    it kind of sucks that they are having all these problems, and for the most part you guys have probably already ordered many of your CD boots. I have had no problem with downloading any of the shows, all good quality and works fine on my itunes, the disks are CD-Rs anyways, maybe just download them for less money and burn them. For the artwork I found a lot of show posters to put on my itunes for album art, just an idear.
    The whole world will be different soon
    The whole world will be relieved
  • Options
    ribbangga wrote:
    it kind of sucks that they are having all these problems, and for the most part you guys have probably already ordered many of your CD boots. I have had no problem with downloading any of the shows, all good quality and works fine on my itunes, the disks are CD-Rs anyways, maybe just download them for less money and burn them. For the artwork I found a lot of show posters to put on my itunes for album art, just an idear.

I did the same thing for my iTunes album artwork! Such a great idea
    2006: Albany
    2008: MSG I, MSG II, Newark(EV)
    2009: Albany 1-2(EV), Philly 3
    2010: Boston, MSG I
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG 1, MSG II, Fenway 1
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    ribbangga wrote:

Probably a good idea. I have 3 more CD's coming but will probably just download the one's I didn't get on CD.
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    Kufala seems to have REALLY dropped the ball with this Pearl Jam venture. The wrong discs, song titles misspelled, discs won't play, discs get stuck when ejecting, setlists wrong, and on and on.

not bad for $16.98, now i know why shipping was free.
    So far, my Roo is fine and MSG2 is on the way.
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,160
    If you have any questions or problems with your bootleg order, please contact Kufala.

http://pearljam.kufala.com/contact.php

So 10 Club is taking no responsibility for this? Honestly Santos, after the last two bothced CD orders from you guys, I'd just prefer a refund and download the show.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    If you have any questions or problems with your bootleg order, please contact Kufala.

http://pearljam.kufala.com/contact.php

In other words, fuck you, you deal with it, consumer. Stop bothering us (10 club).
    1998 - East Rutherford
    2006 - Irving Plaza
    "we're faithfull"
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Something similar happened to me in 2003. I got two Disc 1s from a show and no Disc 2.

Shit happens sometimes. I'm sure they'll fix it for you.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,838
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    So 10 Club is taking no responsibility for this? Honestly Santos, after the last two bothced CD orders from you guys, I'd just prefer a refund and download the show.

why should they? they didn't package and ship it. you'll get it worked out. do you honestly think you won't get it straightened out?????
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II