Options

MSG - Who Else Is 0 For 3?

2»

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    distantsun wrote:
    3 for 3.

Admitting that around here is a ballsy move...
  • Options
    dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    juannis wrote:
    what people with this idea should do is not be young and stupid with their credit cards and be happy with what you already have. personally i think this approach is selfish and in essense what you are doing is creating the headach for the rest of us who have no tickets yet and have to deal with people like yourself who are just buying them up and don't really need them. thanks dude...

I am 40 years old, good with my money and want to possibly sit closer than section 300. I have the right to by as many tickets as I want and wouldnt you rather have someone like me buy extra tickets and sell them at cost rather than scalpers buying them and selling them at an outrageous price. You are rather naive and I know one person who won't be getting my tickets at cost. :)
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    2-2
    don't need to go in for more, leave the rest for you unlucky souls
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    I'm 0-4
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    well.. I tried and i tried hard...missed work...left work for a hour..etc...ignored my family as i stressed out and screamed and cried ...today was the worst...i was really hopeful...was so sad. My friends at work were wondering what happened to me...they knew i was crying...really i am sad...to cry...but anyway i dont even want to try on Friday- what am i going to tell work this time?...I do have to say that i am the type where misery loves company...glad im not the only diehard that keeps getting shut out- why can' we do it like we used to? through the mail...i always had a ticket...this way really really sucks.
    The Waiting Drove Me Mad Your Finally Here And Im A Mess....
  • Options
    crjb1978crjb1978 Posts: 54
    I am o for 2 on the 25th show. Ive never had to put up with this garbage before. Remember the good ol days when you can mail in a check with a postcard? This "rush" for tickets is bullshit. Ive never missed a local PJ show....EVER! THUMBS WAY DOWN TENCLUB!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    i tell ya i don't like to criticize 10c too much but they also have to look at this situation and ???? it there just has to be a better way ,so here we are left with just 2 options as i see it go and try again on friday or just pay thru the nose with a ticket scalper ,the only reason i wan't to score some tickets to MSG is to be able to take my son who is now 14 and ready to see this great band otherwise i would not even be trying at all ............
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    i tell ya i don't like to criticize 10c too much but they also have to look at this situation and ???? it there just has to be a better way ,so here we are left with just 2 options as i see it go and try again on friday or just pay thru the nose with a ticket scalper ,the only reason i wan't to score some tickets to MSG is to be able to take my son who is now 14 and ready to see this great band otherwise i would not even be trying at all ............
    I was going to take my daughter, who is turning 12 on June 25th. Her friggin birthday. I dont know what I did wrong. I had a lightning fast connection....refreshed every second for 5 minutes leading up to the time....was logged in. WTF? I love the 10club and they have always done me justice....I am grateful for all they do. But this was a bad 1. Even the 1st round of fan club seats was crazy. The site was completely crashed as soon as they went up. I thought it was SENIORITY BASED. Not 1st come 1st serve. I know the seating is seniority based, but not the distribution. My member number is in the low 100,000's. I should get a seat before a 300,000....period.
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    crjb1978 wrote:
    I was going to take my daughter, who is turning 12 on June 25th. Her friggin birthday. I dont know what I did wrong. I had a lightning fast connection....refreshed every second for 5 minutes leading up to the time....was logged in. WTF? I love the 10club and they have always done me justice....I am grateful for all they do. But this was a bad 1. Even the 1st round of fan club seats was crazy. The site was completely crashed as soon as they went up. I thought it was SENIORITY BASED. Not 1st come 1st serve. I know the seating is seniority based, but not the distribution. My member number is in the low 100,000's. I should get a seat before a 300,000....period.

I'm in the same boat and completely agree
    10C's always done right by me and it couldn't have been easy to organize a 2nd presale with tbastd
    but that said, i'm 3 for 3 as well (5 for 5 if I count vic and ed solo)
    its also tough that a coworker is in dead and allman's clubs and gets tix no problem through snail mail
    i know all is not lost and i'm working any angle i can barring a broker, but i'm soo bummed this will be 1st tour i'm not able to use my 10C # to get tix

BRING BACK SNAIL MAIL, PLEASE
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,081
    Jesus, people. It's a simple matter of demand being far greater than supply. If there are more people who want tickets than tickets to be distributed, some people will be shut out regardless of the system. (By the way, the more you toy with random seating, the worse this well get.)

Unfortunately, the postcard method wouldn't solve anything at this point. If you remember the last of the postcard tours (2003), there were too many requests for MSG and members were asked to volunteer for tickets to a different show.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Unfortunately, the postcard method wouldn't solve anything at this point. If you remember the last of the postcard tours (2003), there were too many requests for MSG and members were asked to volunteer for tickets to a different show.
    Yes but the more senior members got the tickets. I'm sure brokers join the 10c the week before the presale starts.
  • Options
    mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    crjb1978 wrote:
    Yes but the more senior members got the tickets. I'm sure brokers join the 10c the week before the presale starts.

EXACTLY and we sell our extras for face
    all in the name of spreading the jam and not gouging anyone
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    i got lucky for msg2 thru the ten club...

however no luck whatsoever for msg1 :(

member for over 15 years, unfortunately lost my first number... which was lower than the one i have now which is 117***... but that means nothing really...
    i'm traveling from miami and just hope to get in to the show and sit somewhere reasonable...not way up too high!...anyway.... :)
    blah blah blah...

BLAH BLAH BLAH ;)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    chrisg72chrisg72 South Jersey Posts: 112
    just wondering, does anyone know if the ticketmaster sale on friday is online only? can it be done by phone or is that worse?
    9.28.96 - 9.29.96 - 9.1.00 - 6.3.06 - 6.24.08 - 6.25.08 - EV 8.7.08 - 10.30.09 - 5.20.10 - 5.21.10 - 9.11.11
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Ah, that's some real New York thinking. Those of us who grew up in the boroughs would go "into the city" i.e. Manhattan. But growing up in Astoria I was closer to mid town then some people living in Manhattan, and technically the boroughs ARE the city of New York.

Except Staten Island. That's pretty much New Jersey. ;)

Just kiddin', my step daughter lives on SI .

KJ

I know, I live in one of the boroughs too but I'm from Long Island, so I always say going 'into the city' I consider 'the city' Manhattan ;)

and Staten Island? WHAT? Where's that? Man oh man.
    That's like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer couldn't date the girl that lived on 1st St and 1st Ave b/c it was too far downtown!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    chrisg72 wrote:
    just wondering, does anyone know if the ticketmaster sale on friday is online only? can it be done by phone or is that worse?
    I don't know if it's any better but i think they go on sale via all means, outlets, phone and online

You can look up the phone #'s online or on the website.
    the 212 # is 212-307-7171

I imagine it would be really hard to get through on the phone and probably faster with a high speed Internet connection
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    PGHmattPGHmatt Posts: 40
    NEVER benn soooooooo disappointed in my life, I am 113XXX & am now thinking I may have to dig into savings to get tix to MSG from some dirtbag lowlife piece of s#*t scalper f*#k. Sooooooooo discouraging.
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    PGHmatt wrote:
    NEVER benn soooooooo disappointed in my life, I am 113XXX & am now thinking I may have to dig into savings to get tix to MSG from some dirtbag lowlife piece of s#*t scalper f*#k. Sooooooooo discouraging.

Just make sure you go on right at 10 for the public on-sale and you will finally have your tickets.
    The less you know, the more you believe.