Options

Are there any PJ cover bands in PHX?

fotdfotd Posts: 514
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I'm living out in the deserts of the Phoenix and was curious if anyone knows of any PJ cover bands out here? Or if any of the one I see occasionally mentioned on the board are coming out here?
I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Not sure about that, but I know AIC and the Deftones are playing a show there in a month or so
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    fotd wrote:
    I'm living out in the deserts of the Phoenix and was curious if anyone knows of any PJ cover bands out here? Or if any of the one I see occasionally mentioned on the board are coming out here?

dude, i live in phx too, by the cardinals stadium, and i think there are about 3 Pearl Jam fans in this whole city, let alone a cover band...

I wish there was...it would be nice since PJ doesnt come here anymore...
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    shit man, nobody comes around here. I'm out in mesa. really sucks since i spent 15 years in Orange County, everybody plays Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa or somewhere in LA, before coming out here 2 years ago. It seems like everybody I wanna see plays tucson if they come out here at all. Oh well, I guess Beck & MGMT next month, followed by My Morning Jacket the next day and Sigur Ros the following week.
    I know what you mean about there being three fans out here in the desert. I was telling a couple people I saw Pearl Jam at the VH1 Honors The Who thing and they were like "They're still a band?"
  • Options
    fotd wrote:
    shit man, nobody comes around here. I'm out in mesa. really sucks since i spent 15 years in Orange County, everybody plays Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa or somewhere in LA, before coming out here 2 years ago. It seems like everybody I wanna see plays tucson if they come out here at all. Oh well, I guess Beck & MGMT next month, followed by My Morning Jacket the next day and Sigur Ros the following week.
    I know what you mean about there being three fans out here in the desert. I was telling a couple people I saw Pearl Jam at the VH1 Honors The Who thing and they were like "They're still a band?"

What a small f***ing world! I am in Mesa, AZ and a few nights ago when I was out listening to some bad live music, I was wondering the same thing about a PJ cover band in Phoenix. I am a lifelong PJ fan too (went to MSG and Vh1 this summer!) and broke out the old skool mic skills for the first time in awhile while at a karaoke bar in Scottsdale. Gave PJ a little love!
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    Hi Folks,

I don't live in Phoenix but I have close friends that do and I visit often. Three dudes that went to Eastern Illinois University moved to Phoenix and have opened a Pearl Jam bar called the Last Exit. It is in Tempe and here is the info. The guys that own it love their Pearl Jam and are pretty cool. I will actually be down there on the 12th of Sept. My friends band (not a PJ cover band) will be playing an acoustic set at happy hour. They cover Elderly and are pretty fun to watch. Anyway, let me know if any of you want to meet up. They will be having people over from the bar to swim and drink lots of beer after the set. Should be fun. Even if you don't show up that night, check out the bar.

Last Exit Bar & Grill
    http://www.lastexitlive.com

1425 W Southern Ave
    Tempe, AZ 85282
    (480) 557-6656
  • Options
    Rjonesrm20Rjonesrm20 Posts: 380
    5882300 wrote:
    Hi Folks,

I don't live in Phoenix but I have close friends that do and I visit often. Three dudes that went to Eastern Illinois University moved to Phoenix and have opened a Pearl Jam bar called the Last Exit. It is in Tempe and here is the info. The guys that own it love their Pearl Jam and are pretty cool. I will actually be down there on the 12th of Sept. My friends band (not a PJ cover band) will be playing an acoustic set at happy hour. They cover Elderly and are pretty fun to watch. Anyway, let me know if any of you want to meet up. They will be having people over from the bar to swim and drink lots of beer after the set. Should be fun. Even if you don't show up that night, check out the bar.

Last Exit Bar & Grill
    http://www.lastexitlive.com

1425 W Southern Ave
    Tempe, AZ 85282
    (480) 557-6656

thats sweet, looks like a pretty cool bar.
    1998: Indy 2000: Indy, Cincy 2003: Lexington (m.e.o.), Cincy (cancelled),Indy 2004: Toledo 2005: Atlantic City 2 2006: Cleveland, Cincy 2008: Los Angeles1 (EV solo)-front row center!West Palm Beach-2nd row!, Tampa, Chicago 1&2-(EV solo) 2009: Nashville 1&2(EV solo) Memphis(EV solo) Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    5882300 wrote:
    I've actually thought about doing something like this as well, if I had the money :)

Lots of PJ memorabilia, live concerts, etc...

I'd call it "Lukin's" or "Lukin's Spot"
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    PJ fans it's yours for the taking.....get in there and have a beer or 6. The guys always up for talking PJ. Wish it was near me.
  • Options
    I am gonna have to check out that bar some time. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Not sure about that, but I know AIC and the Deftones are playing a show there in a month or so

AIC is on tour???
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10
  • Options
    I'm in Ahwatukee - and work near the airport...looks like I gotta stop by this bar sometime.