Options

San Diego...anyone wanna hang out ?

dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Arrived in SD today ....anyone wanna hang ? Anyone know a good bar and maybe place to eat ? Any good music in town tonight ?

hit me up: dpphotos (at) gmail (dot) com

Thanks

DP
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    goings on:
    Anti-Monday League Presents: Kill Me Tomorrow, Wilderness, Book of Martyrs @ Casbah
    River City, Casa de Chihuahua, Joshua Emery Blatchley @ Chasers
    Sycuan Pres. Tech N9ne with Paul Wall, Ill Bill, Dago Braves & Network @ House of Blues
    John Cruz, The Donnis Trio @ Belly Up
    Industry Night VINYL Mondays w/ DJ VEEP REEKIN$, The Lives of Famous Men & Velvet Tongue @ Beauty Bar
    Metal Monday presents Sentinel, Element, Ignis Occultus plus Metal Monday DJs @ Zombie Lounge
    ****Lady Dottie & The Diamonds @ Tower Bar****
    Mystery Train Blues Jam @ O'Connell's
    Drunk Poet's Society, Electric Waste Band @ Winston's
    Chet Cannon's Blue Monday Blues Party @ Humphrey's Backstage Lounge

it's a bit east of downtown but Lady Dottie & The Diamonds are INCREDIBLE. 60 year old black woman backed by a group of talented hipster white kids wailin' blues classics.
    http://www.ladydottieandthediamonds.com/
  • Options
    cool...thanks for the list!
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    GO TO THE CASBAH.......there is tons of grunge history there....lots of pics...nirvana played there.....cool venue!!!
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    I will be landing there tommorow at 1 pm....

but, I won't have internet access.

Where are you staying? If we are close, we should get together.
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    I will be landing there tommorow at 1 pm....

but, I won't have internet access.

Where are you staying? If we are close, we should get together.

Staying at Porto Vista in Little Italy (walked to spreckles today). http://www.portovistasandiego.com/

Unfortunately, I will be surfing (first time) tomorrow at Mission Beach. I do plan to go to the pre-party meet-up at The Local....assuming I do not drown. Maybe I'll see ya there. If you were in tonight I'd buy you a beer.
  • Options
    bacchanal wrote:
    GO TO THE CASBAH.......there is tons of grunge history there....lots of pics...nirvana played there.....cool venue!!!

The girl at check-in recommended that place about noon today. I'm getting the feeling I need to go there.
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    where u coming from??

dpphoto wrote:
    The girl at check-in recommended that place about noon today. I'm getting the feeling I need to go there.
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    dpphoto wrote:
    Staying at Porto Vista in Little Italy (walked to spreckles today). http://www.portovistasandiego.com/

Unfortunately, I will be surfing (first time) tomorrow at Mission Beach. I do plan to go to the pre-party meet-up at The Local....assuming I do not drown. Maybe I'll see ya there. If you were in tonight I'd buy you a beer.

Very cool.... I actually arrive at 10 am tommorow (apparently I can't read) which means I will likely be at the pre-party.

Good luck with the surf lesson! I'm totally jealous :)

I'm thinkin I will have to check that place out too....

Anyway, see you tommorow night! (I have auburn/red hair and my name is Heather, in case we bump into eachother!).

Peace
  • Options
    I know it's kinda far for you, but if you get a chance try and make it out to Ocean Beach. It's the most laid back beach town in SD!
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego
  • Options
    bacchanal wrote:
    where u coming from??

state and first/elm...just north of downtown...near amici park
  • Options
    I know it's kinda far for you, but if you get a chance try and make it out to Ocean Beach. It's the most laid back beach town in SD!

I'm retarded... the surf thing came up last minute - I should have stayed at the beach. Lesson learned for the next visit.
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    Very cool.... I actually arrive at 10 am tommorow (apparently I can't read) which means I will likely be at the pre-party.

Good luck with the surf lesson! I'm totally jealous :)

I'm thinkin I will have to check that place out too....

Anyway, see you tommorow night! (I have auburn/red hair and my name is Heather, in case we bump into eachother!).

Peace

Cool... I'll look for ya at the pre-party. I'm David, by the way.
  • Options
    bacchanal wrote:

Home away from home.

Nirvana & the Pumpkins played the old location which is just a half block down from where it is now. My band ended up with the old board 3rd hand and anytime someone tries to clean it, we stop them screaming "There's Cobain DNA on that board!" When we started our karaoke night there, we'd say "Rock the same stage Cobain & Corgan stood on!" until we came in and saw they'd moved the stage for the umpteenth time. The place we moved to (5 miles away at U31) is where tomorrow night's afterparty is. Very cool. Not much grunge. http://www.myspace.com/u31sandiego