Options

San Diegans... Tell me about Spreckels

dpphotodpphoto Posts: 284
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Found this ....http://www.spreckels.net/about.html

Anyone seen a show there ? hows the place ? etc ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    Yeah, I went on a field trip there in elementary school...for some classical music thing-a-ma-jig. Don't remember much except that I was bored out of my mind....have a feeling things will be different this time! :D
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,657
    I'm coming in from Chicago for this one and was checking out that website earlier. It looks alot like the Chicago Theatre from what I could tell, which if that's the case it will be a great show as far as seating and acoustics go. I saw Ben Harper here at the Chicago Theatre last summer and it was mind blowing!
  • Options
    Cool ! Thanks everyone. I'm coming from Nashville. Looks a lot like the Ryman.
  • Options
    stickfig13stickfig13 Posts: 1,532
    take me and I'll show you around!
    Sacramento 10-30-00, Bridge School 10-20 and 10-21-01, Bridge School 10-25 and 10-26-01, Irvine 06-02-03, Irvine 06-03-03, San Diego 06-05-03, San Diego 07-07-06, Los Angeles 07-09-06, Santa Barbara 07-13-06, London UK 06-18-07, San Diego 10-9-09, San Diego 2013, LA 1 2013
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    *faints* This place looks soooooo insanely gorgeous. :o I may just have to show up in a ball gown!!

And Mer....we sooooooo need to talk. ;)
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    I saw Phantom of the Opera there....beautiful place. Like the Wiltern, it is a classic.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:

We do? About what? :confused:

• Options
    We do? About what? :confused:

Aww nooo! Too cute! Nothing but smiles silly! :):):) We need to talk about meeting up and all that fun stuff. It's time for our kick ass group of PJ girls reunion. That's what! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    *faints* This place looks soooooo insanely gorgeous. :o I may just have to show up in a ball gown!!

You're going to San Diego?? I can finally meet you?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    haha. I knooow Chris! I actually just responded to your "so who's going thread?" and said the exact SAME thing! Finally! It's been so many years in the making. :D I'm really looking forward to meeting you! :)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    I saw Phish there in Dec.1994 (jeez over 13 year ago...)
    I don't remember a whole lot of specifics, but I do remember it being beautiful.
    There is a seating on the floor (orchestra) level and then it goes straight up with 3-4 different 'balconies' stacked on top of each other.
    I saw the Phish show from the floor, so no idea how it sounded from one of the top balconies, but when I went to visit a friend at set break I was amazed at how high up the seating was. Quite a different perspective!

There should be plenty of parking in the downtown area and tons of great places to eat as well.

I'm psyched! How many days???
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    It's awesome. Just saw Ryan Adams there a few weeks ago. There's not a bad seat in the house. It's smaller than the Wiltern. If you have 10C seats, you're sure to be REALLY close.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • Options
    hailhail82 wrote:
    It's awesome. Just saw Ryan Adams there a few weeks ago. There's not a bad seat in the house. It's smaller than the Wiltern. If you have 10C seats, you're sure to be REALLY close.

Yeah, only 1400 seats!! WOOHOO!

• Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    haha. I knooow Chris! I actually just responded to your "so who's going thread?" and said the exact SAME thing! Finally! It's been so many years in the making. :D I'm really looking forward to meeting you! :)

Maybe Matt and I will run into you down there Lydia........ala Dusseldorf!!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

hahaha. Aww MATT! YESSSS!! And what you mean maybe? We WILL be running into each other non-stop! I'm invading Socal and have every intension of spending as much time with the kick ass crew as possible! Just no scary falafel this time please. ;)

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Yeah, only 1400 seats!! WOOHOO!

Oh damn! :eek:

This show is gonna be extra special. That's all I'm saying.

EV+SD= extra L-O-V-E. Always!
    :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    I'll tell you if I can buy a ticket off u :P
  • Options
    elgallo10 wrote:
    I'll tell you if I can buy a ticket off u :P

I have people 3 people queued up so far. One is sure to be a no, but one of those things where I HAVE to ask first (trying to be a good friend), 2 is 50/50, 3 is 50/50. The problem is scheduling and travel for others.

I will keep you in mind. Send me a PM.
  • Options
    Does anyone think I'd look like an asshole if I wore a tuxedo to this show? The theatre seems so elegant, I feel like I need to dress up. Ben Harper did a show here in Chicago at the Chicago Theatre this past summer and encouraged everyone to make it a formal evening. I wore my vintage brown tux(1970's era) and it was a blast. Please, let me know what all of you think.
  • Options
    It's gonna be a great time I can't wait. :)

If your looking for something to do before the show.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=273627
  • Options
    I will try to be there, thanks!
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

hahahah and i quote (walking the Dusseldorf streets)

"WHAT THE FUCK, LYDIA!!! Oh my god! What are the chances...come sit and have a beer with us"

....and ten hours later smashed and singing Grease songs we go along in our merry ways re-telling amazing Pearl Jam in Germany stories...

I just got chills writing that. I cant wait to see you, and everyone else again again!!!