Options

A better version of "In My Tree" ....

vluggagevluggage Posts: 69
edited December 2007 in The Porch
The performance from Live at the Garden has been the best that I have heard/seen. I just wondered if anyone had suggestions for other performances from different shows that they would suggest. Thanks in advance for any input.
"I think I kinda want it."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    1/2 Empty wrote:
    The performance from Live at the Garden has been the best that I have heard/seen. I just wondered if anyone had suggestions for other performances from different shows that they would suggest. Thanks in advance for any input.

Yeah, my suggestion would be PLAY THE ORIGINAL VERSION PLEASE!!! I hate the new version and In my tree its my favorite Pearl Jam, or was.
  • Options
    Most 2000 versions are fantastic. I can't think of a particular version that I like, but I'd go with Saratoga or Pittsburgh because the shows themselves are fantastic!

The new version is an abomination.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    one of my absolute pj favorites!...anyway pj decides to play it is fine by me...~

:)
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    Saratoga is my personal fave.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    10-2-96 Hartford, great version and great sounding boot.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    pj0705 wrote:
    10-2-96 Hartford, great version and great sounding boot.

I agree!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    I like both versions... and yes the Saratoga show is a great one!!!
    "We as individuals are art...Our minds are the beauty!"
  • Options
    it may not be the best....but Philly '05 was a great memory
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    The version at SF II in 06 was amazing. maybe I'm biased because I was there but it's definitely worth checking out. In fact that whole show was killer.
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    QballQball Posts: 283
    Fargo 03. Ed forgets the lyrics and just improvs through it.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    checkpoint charlie boot is the best version i have of in my tree. jack also plays WMA in that boot. great versions of both songs. but i do love the 2000 tour versions of in my tree. they show matt playing it in the TB2k dvd.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    San Diego 2000
    Melbourne 1998 (The best I've heard)
    Portland 98
    Philly 2005
    Boston 2000 Night 2

I usually pick up any bootleg that has IMT on it.
  • Options
    dirtyTdirtyT Posts: 3,620
    Kitchener 05
    Cuyahoga Falls 98, Columbus 00, Cleveland 03, Columbus 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, Kitchener 05, Cleveland 06, Cincinnati 06, Washington DC 08, Philadelphia IV 09, Columbus 10, Cleveland 10, Chicago 13, Pittsburgh 13, Cincinnati 14, Chicago (1) 16, Chicago (2) 16
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Nah, this is one of those songs (along with Lukin) where the band never seems to be able to match the intensity from the studio recording, when performing it live.
  • Options
    JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    I get chills everytime i hear the LATG version. It's just perfect to me. However, I'm fairly young, and I knew the LATG version before I knew the older No Code original version. Personally, I think the newer version is much more powerful than the old one. I don't see why people hate the new version so much.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 553
    Qball wrote:
    Fargo 03. Ed forgets the lyrics and just improvs through it.

Actually, they played it there for the first time after almost 3 years...he introduces it with "we play the part we remember..." ... it's my favourite version too, it's the birth of the slow version...beautiful!

Another good one concerning recording (radio broadcast) and entertainment quality is Berlin '96...Eddie fucks up the lyrics several times and is NOT amused, curses after singing the wrong words...
    #Hamburg 2000 * Berlin 06 # Munich * Dusseldorf 2007 # Berlin * Manchester * London 2009 # Dublin * Belfast * Berlin 2010 # Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen 2012# Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin 2014 ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2014: Amsterdam I & II - Milan - Trieste - Vienna - Berlin # 2018: Amsterdam I & II - Prague - Krakow - Berlin # 2021 (hopefully): Amsterdam I & II - Vienna - Krakow - Prague
  • Options
    Personally, I think the newer version is much more powerful than the old one. I don't see why people hate the new version so much.

Because the original version was perfection IMO. It's one of the only Pearl Jam songs that gave me a boner every single time I heard it. When I heard the new version I was horrified. I thought they forgot how to play it. Then I realized that it was completely rearranged on purpose. I think it's a horrible arrangement and I can't listen to it. I will never forgive them for that! If I was a new fan, my opinion might be different.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I get chills everytime i hear the LATG version. It's just perfect to me. However, I'm fairly young, and I knew the LATG version before I knew the older No Code original version. Personally, I think the newer version is much more powerful than the old one. I don't see why people hate the new version so much.

I am a huge fan of both, and this coming from someone who saw in on the 96 tour with Jack, the 2000 tour with Matt playing it the real way, and the 03 tour with Matt playing it the new way...including the MSG show.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"