Options

what backspacer to buy

Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
edited August 2009 in The Porch
What version of Backspacer would any opf you buy if they had to buy only one...I think I am buying two but what two versions? Are the 10c version different?
This is Not For You
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I think the Target version has an "Target only exclusive bonus disc" and then possibly has a code for rock band songs on a game system. Usually (not always) the exclusive bonus disc is like an acoustic 4-5 song ep. At least that is what I have seen in Target for other albums.
    Not sure what the 10club one will have. My guess is they will do something similar to the self titled release. Hard back digi pack cover with maybe a bonus vault show like the nye 92 for self titled.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    red mos wrote:
    I think the Target version has an "Target only exclusive bonus disc" and then possibly has a code for rock band songs on a game system. Usually (not always) the exclusive bonus disc is like an acoustic 4-5 song ep. At least that is what I have seen in Target for other albums.
    Not sure what the 10club one will have. My guess is they will do something similar to the self titled release. Hard back digi pack cover with maybe a bonus vault show like the nye 92 for self titled.
    From the latest Billboard article on Pearl Jam, entitled "Pearl Jam: 'Back' to the Future":

"Curtis also balked at the waste involved in having to create different versions of "Backspacer" for various partners, a common requirement of retail exclusives. Instead, the album is encoded with Sony DADC's eBridge technology, which allows purchasers to unlock extra content when they put the disc in their computers.

The Target discs will link to a virtual "vault" of 11 concerts spanning Pearl Jam's career, from which fans can choose two. The band will also create an organic cotton T-shirt to be sold at Target, with proceeds earmarked for the hunger relief charity Feeding America. And in September, a Cameron Crowe-directed TV ad will air featuring footage shot during a private performance at Seattle's Showbox in late May."
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    very cool thanks
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    very cool thanks
    Not a problem. Exciting, eh? :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Already pre-ordered from 10c.
    Looks like I'll be at Target on 9/20/09... Very cool news about the vault concerts...

"The band will also create an organic cotton T-shirt to be sold at Target, with proceeds earmarked for the hunger relief charity Feeding America." <---- Awesome!!!!!
    1998-6/20, 6/21
    2003-6/1, 10/25
    2005-8/29, 9/4
    2006-7/2, 7/22, 7/23
    2008-4/15(EV solo)
    2009-9/21, 9/22, 9/28
    2011-9/3, 9/4
    2012-9/30
    2013-7/19, 11/30
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Yeah, this may be the first time that I buy the album twice if the concert vault download is not available with the 10c disc.

I have already pre-ordered it through the 10c.
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    So...will we be able to download these showsand then share them with each other??? That would be cool!!!!
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    I guess I'll preorder the 10C version. I'll probably also go out and pick up the local version that releases on the 18th here. That is the 17th US time, so 3 days early! ;)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, this may be the first time that I buy the album twice if the concert vault download is not available with the 10c disc.

same- since binaural when the japanese version had the bonus disc
    no bonus tracks for the last two releases
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    I already pre-ordered the 10club version. We will most likely get it a few days early
    But i'll probably buy the Target version since it has extras
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    I preordered the vinyl but purposely didnt get the cd from 10c because I wanted to wait and see what the Target disc would come with.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    Get_Right wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

same- since binaural when the japanese version had the bonus disc
    no bonus tracks for the last two releases

What was on the bonus disc? Anything good?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 387
    OGT92 wrote:
    So...will we be able to download these showsand then share them with each other??? That would be cool!!!!

I hope we'll be allowed to trade. I'd hate to think I'd need to buy 6 copies to download all 11 vault shows. Hopefully some would be from 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 boots that I already have so it would narrow down how many vault shows I would need.

But then again if the cds are $10-12 at Target, that's $5-6 a vault show, and then I'll be giving out opened PJ cds this Christmas...

The best idea if we aren't allowed to trade is to make the vault shows downloadable or s small fee.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    im gonna buy the vinyl from 10C or an indie store and the CD from target... and probably download it early and illegally before doing both of those
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    benjs wrote:
    The Target discs will link to a virtual "vault" of 11 concerts spanning Pearl Jam's career, from which fans can choose two.
    how did i overlook this important detail before?? like someone already said, hopefully we can share
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I'm going to order the vinyl for sure and I'm not sure what version of the CD I'll get. Probably will just go to Target and get it that morning.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for additional details to come out before making a decision. Currently it looks like I'll be buying it from Target based on the "extras" that have been described in the Billboard article. I do really like the hard cover book-style packaging, however.

Decisions, decisions... :?
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    Fine Print from target online

Availability:
    This title will be released on September 22, 2009. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

Prices, promotions, styles and availability may vary by store and online. Backspacer
    Artist: Pearl Jam

Looks like I'll have a few versions sitting around my house, knowing me........ :oops: :lol:
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    I'm buying all versions x2. :mrgreen:

Though i'm still waiting for word of a Bluray release with Dolby TrueHD sound quality! drool.gif
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    Sorry if this has been asked already... I'm sure it has.

Do we know if there is a difference in the Backspacer LP package that 10C is offering as opposed to purchasing it from an independent retailer?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    I'm buying all versions x2. :mrgreen:

Though i'm still waiting for word of a Bluray release with Dolby TrueHD sound quality! drool.gif
    I think TrueHD is overrated for certain purposes - for a concert Blu-Ray set with no extras, I see no reason why they couldn't just provide a linear PCM track (even with 7.1, there's enough space), like they did for the Last Waltz release, which sounds spectacular!

EV
  • Options
    anakin_pdx wrote:
    OGT92 wrote:

I hope we'll be allowed to trade. I'd hate to think I'd need to buy 6 copies to download all 11 vault shows. Hopefully some would be from 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008 boots that I already have so it would narrow down how many vault shows I would need.

But then again if the cds are $10-12 at Target, that's $5-6 a vault show, and then I'll be giving out opened PJ cds this Christmas...

The best idea if we aren't allowed to trade is to make the vault shows downloadable or s small fee.

I would hope the "vault" shows, which 10C has said nothing about will be 11 concerts that arent already out there. Hello 2007 Im talking to you!
  • Options
    thecorythecory Posts: 290
    aNiMaL wrote:

for avacodo i bought the album along w/ my concert tix because i had no other choice. then the 10c version was announced w/freebootleg what are you gonna do?
  • Options
    fr3dlyfr3dly Posts: 1
    damn. want to buy all six, but until i get confirmation of the concerts we get to chose from then i'm gonna be patient.
  • Options
    Hopefully we'll know what they are prior to its release.
  • Options
    Almost wish I hadn't pre-ordered from 10C after reading the article - BUT I'm sure the RockBand tracks will be available for purchase as well. Not just a free download for those who buy from Target. Eventually most stuff gets released to DLC just like the 3 tracks with the Ten re-release. It will be interesting to see what concerts will get released though.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Almost wish I hadn't pre-ordered from 10C after reading the article - BUT I'm sure the RockBand tracks will be available for purchase as well. Not just a free download for those who buy from Target. Eventually most stuff gets released to DLC just like the 3 tracks with the Ten re-release. It will be interesting to see what concerts will get released though.

i tell you what---i ordered from the 10c for myself, but my wife wants a copy (& we want those concert downloads!). we have no need for the Rock Band codes. if you want them, they're yours! just shoot me a PM when it goes on sale.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com