Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    doompony wrote:
    Oh my GODFATHER guys.

Liam Finn is fucking insane. He's the greatest showman money can buy. He's fucking amazing. Tonight was a bit different - he had his friends on stage as a band, and while they were awesome, he was his most brilliant and crazy when it was just him, EJ and the loops.

You guys are gonna fucking love him. Please learn the songs before the Auck show and sing along with me.

seen liam & ej twice already ... and meant to be a 3rd time this later in sept, but .... nothing else to be said there ...

but yea, he is amazing live isnt he .... so much talent ... although, how you could be a finn and not bursting at the seams with music is beyond me
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    The Fixer was on Rage last night!!!!!

I got so excited I slapped Andy in the Face!

Was cool :D
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    bazzer wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    Oh my GODFATHER guys.

Liam Finn is fucking insane. He's the greatest showman money can buy. He's fucking amazing. Tonight was a bit different - he had his friends on stage as a band, and while they were awesome, he was his most brilliant and crazy when it was just him, EJ and the loops.

You guys are gonna fucking love him. Please learn the songs before the Auck show and sing along with me.
    I tried to get a cheap double on trademe, but missed out so organised a dinner thing instead. Now there's two sets on there at half price but I can't pull out and go anymore. Oh well, I'll be seeing him twice in a few months time. Did they have the new EP at the gig?

nah, i didn't see any merch at all which was disappointing because i want a hard copy of the EP. all the songs sounded badass live though.
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    Oh my GODFATHER guys.

seen liam & ej twice already ... and meant to be a 3rd time this later in sept, but .... nothing else to be said there ...

but yea, he is amazing live isnt he .... so much talent ... although, how you could be a finn and not bursting at the seams with music is beyond me

he's a special kind of finn though - he's got something his dad doesn't have. i'm not saying he's better than neil (that would be like sacrilege..) but where neil is cool and calm and collected, liam is like a coiled spring and when he PEEEEEEYOOOOOOOOOOONGSSSSSSSSSSS it's almost overwhelming.

at one point - i think after he sang i'll be lightning (with conan who is that high pitched voice on the song with him) he unleashed unholy war on the drums and it was intense and almost TOO delightful. it just bums you out that you know you'll never be as cool or as talented and you don't get to watch him every night.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    doompony wrote:
    Oh my GODFATHER guys.

I've really enjoyed listening to his music on your enthusiastic recomendation & love for the man. Have passed his music onto many friends now who are enjoying it also. Love the new EP. I think it was the letterman performance that sold me and has me excited for his tour appearance. I'm going to enjoy listening to you sing in Auckland. You've clearly been a fan a long time and that's cool. Thanks for sharing monkey

get "i'll be lightning" if you don't already have it. and then learn all the words to second chance, lead balloon, remember when, better to be and gather to the chapel. those are the singy ones. then we'll sing!!

i've always loved me some liam - saw him with betchadupa at big day out 2000 when he was but a pup and have been a giggling fangirl ever since
    Post edited by doom_pony on
  • Options
    i also had a dream last night that it was gig time and my ticket was up in the back where i couldn't see (stupid whiny forum threads that are so fascinating to read)... and i saw zig and introduced myself to her and she didn't care (wauuuughhh...) and walked away.

this is probably based on last night when i saw one of my old pj friends who i hung out with when we did 7 worlds collide and i tapped him on the shoulder just as his lady friend turned up so he didn't even pause to acknowledge me andi walked away like "wow.. burn.."
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    Oh my GODFATHER guys.

he's a special kind of finn though - he's got something his dad doesn't have. i'm not saying he's better than neil (that would be like sacrilege..) but where neil is cool and calm and collected, liam is like a coiled spring and when he PEEEEEEYOOOOOOOOOOONGSSSSSSSSSSS it's almost overwhelming.

at one point - i think after he sang i'll be lightning (with conan who is that high pitched voice on the song with him) he unleashed unholy war on the drums and it was intense and almost TOO delightful. it just bums you out that you know you'll never be as cool or as talented and you don't get to watch him every night.

yea he is great - a lot of people at sound relief just didnt get it, you could tell ... they were just standing there while he went berserk on the drums and jumped about with huge wtf looks on their faces ... he was just in his little zone tho. i really think small venues are the place to see him - but the pj stadiums, well the majority of their fans are already going to be fairly familiar with him anyway, so he'll fit in beautifully

i cant wait to see him again ... talented, amazing, perfectly hyper ... and a beard to die for ... its perfection in motion :D8-)
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    doompony wrote:
    Oh my GODFATHER guys.

I've really enjoyed listening to his music on your enthusiastic recomendation & love for the man. Have passed his music onto many friends now who are enjoying it also. Love the new EP. I think it was the letterman performance that sold me and has me excited for his tour appearance. I'm going to enjoy listening to you sing in Auckland. You've clearly been a fan a long time and that's cool. Thanks for sharing monkey

get "i'll be lightning" if you don't already have it. and then learn all the words to second chance, lead balloon, remember when, better to be and gather to the chapel. those are the singy ones. then we'll sing!!

i've always loved me some liam - saw him with betchadupa at big day out 2000 when he was but a pup and have been a giggling fangirl ever since

Im going out to buy Liams "i'll be lightning" now
    Sounds like a great album
    If I can stop playing PJ and I listen to it I will let you know what I think.
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    :mrgreen:

he's pruned his beard ever so slightly - still looks like a homeless (his words, not mine) person, but it's not as wild as it was in recent months.

i'm listening to i'll be lightning right now - first time i've listened to anything but pj in a large chunk for a while.
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

he's pruned his beard ever so slightly - still looks like a homeless (his words, not mine) person, but it's not as wild as it was in recent months.

i'm listening to i'll be lightning right now - first time i've listened to anything but pj in a large chunk for a while.

Ok will go now and when i get back will put it on straight away...............
    I have never listened to his music before but have heard great things about him
    will let you know what i think
    I know I was born
    I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
  • Options
    i know i've posted this before - but this song had tears stinging the eyes of the audience last night. there's no wildness in this one, it's just simple and sweet, just like how they do it in this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBSMVyUnZa4
  • Options
    doompony wrote:
    i also had a dream last night that it was gig time and my ticket was up in the back where i couldn't see (stupid whiny forum threads that are so fascinating to read)... and i saw zig and introduced myself to her and she didn't care (wauuuughhh...) and walked away.

this is probably based on last night when i saw one of my old pj friends who i hung out with when we did 7 worlds collide and i tapped him on the shoulder just as his lady friend turned up so he didn't even pause to acknowledge me andi walked away like "wow.. burn.."
    Guy sounds like a dick. He must be whipped and I bet he feels like a fucking cock too. I love banging into old concert buddies. Good times.
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    doompony wrote:

i posted a liam link on fbook this morning coincidentally enough - and mentioned the homeless look myself in it ... im such a fan of it its kind of surprising im single, given the amount of guys that should be able to fit the bill :roll:
  • Options
    oh and doompony - the dream ..... you know your posting here far too much when you start to dream about the other posters :lol:
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    doompony wrote:

Yep, sounds like me! ;)

Seriously though, I think it's going to be a blast meeting you all! I definitely won't be ignoring any of you....unless you're annoying or a dickhead.... :D
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    did any of you fuckers notice this thread got unstickied?

i think you are lucky it didn't get locked as well.

Good afternoon, happiness!

This thread is WAY more on topic than our previous threads.
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    doompony wrote:

Yep, sounds like me! ;)

Seriously though, I think it's going to be a blast meeting you all! I definitely won't be ignoring any of you....unless you're annoying or a dickhead.... :D

ahh, but you'll only realise i'm an annoying dickhead once it's too late! MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

no but for real, i'm fucking awesome.
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    oh and doompony - the dream ..... you know your posting here far too much when you start to dream about the other posters :lol:

i know eh. how many fucking posts do i have now in such a short space of time?

it's for the love ya know? i think the gig in auckland is going to be so fun if me and my mates are at the front with people who are JUST as creepy as me :)
  • Options
    oh FFS !!! im going to whinge here for a second!!

referencing your fucking work takes as long as writing it in the first place!!! :x aaarrrgggg!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    zenith wrote:
    oh FFS !!! im going to whinge here for a second!!

referencing your fucking work takes as long as writing it in the first place!!! :x aaarrrgggg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Referencing sucks!
  • Options
    you know what else sucks? when you tell someone they need to put out an urgent memo at 11am. then at 2.15 you're asked to write it and send it through to someone to be checked. then at 4pm they respond and say "yeah that's fine".

5 hour gap. what about the word 'urgent' was lost in translation i wonder?
  • Options
    oh this is going to fuckin do my head in. none of the sites ive used are credited, really anyway, - wikipedia, whirlpool - its all contributed work as it is - and nothing is 'quoted' persay - i already know what im talking about, im just checking facts. a friggin reference the way csu wants it is going to be as long as a sentence anyway ...

and fixer just came on tv ..... :mrgreen: ... looks a bit different on 47" .... they must have known i needed them 8-)
  • Options
    you can quote me.

"bitches is crazy"

d.pony 2009
  • Options
    Dan CDan C Posts: 206
    How are people Preparing for the Tour....

I bought a Record Player today so I could finally listen to "A Drop in the Park" :)

Gone through the Australian leg of 2006 Tour boots... Going to be hitting the US Leg starting next week.
    PJ Sydney 1998-03-09, 2003-02-11, 2003-02-14, 2006-11-07, 2006-11-08, 2006-11-18, 2009-11-22, 2014-01-26
    EV Sydney 2011-03-18, 2011-03-19, 2014-02-11, 2014-02-13
  • Options
    i've made a PJ mp3 cd for my car... means i don't have to keep the discs in the car - that's how mine tend to get fucked up
  • Options
    Daughter of JeremyDaughter of Jeremy Up here in my tree Posts: 181
    dcafe wrote:
    How are people Preparing for the Tour....

I bought a Record Player today so I could finally listen to "A Drop in the Park" :)

Gone through the Australian leg of 2006 Tour boots... Going to be hitting the US Leg starting next week.

I am preparing by not choking the morons I work with, even though i really REALLY want to!! PJ is the light at the end of the tuneel that is keeping me sane!
    1998 Brisbane night 2
    2003 Brisbane night 1
    2006 Brisbane night 1
    2009 Brisbane Nov 25
    2014 Brisbane January 19 BDO
    *DISCLAIMER* I suck at typing, sorry for the illegibility of posts
  • Options
    COOL_afro.jpg
    Bitch Be Cool 8)
    BRISBANE 1998,2003,2006,2009!!!
    Christchurch 2009
    Oh I'm a lucky man to count those I love on two hands

come say hi on facebook http://www.facebook.com/sean.montgomery
  • Options
    a dog in an afro is pretty cool - that's a bold statement.

both for you and the dog.

i wish my dog was more willing to let me dress her up and take humiliating photos. she'd make a great lol dog.'

but she's all "no bitch, you named me after a dude, show me some fucking respect" and i'm all "finn, you're not just named after any dude, you're named after NEIL FUCKING FINN" and she has to admit that i didn't name her neil and she should be grateful.
  • Options
    NossieNossie Adelaide, Australia Posts: 1,039
    COOL_afro.jpg

Very cool... 8-)
    When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do...

Pearl Jam - Adelaide: 1995, 1998, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2014
    Eddie Vedder Solo - Adelaide: 27th & 28th March 2011, Melbourne 16th 2014
  • Options
    i found this thread on the 3rd page.

THIRD!
This discussion has been closed.