Options

80's metal

Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
edited August 2009 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjXLYwu ... r_embedded

8-)
I grew up on this stuff....this vid rulz.

If you can't handle the tune, or if big hair n leather hurt your eyes...just skip to 3:15 or so ;)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    i wasn't a metal head but courtesy mtv i know all that shit.....that song is hilarious

:lol::lol::lol::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjXLYwupnc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fhome%2Ephp%3Fref%3Dhome&feature=player_embedded

8-)
    I grew up on this stuff....this vid rulz.

If you can't handle the tune, or if big hair n leather hurt your eyes...just skip to 3:15 or so ;)

I don't think I saw WINGER or KINGDOM COME in that clip you gotta have them they had big hair.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    g under p wrote:

I don't think I saw WINGER or KINGDOM COME in that clip you gotta have them they had big hair.

Peace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ
    just LOOK at those teeth ;)

ya, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any Winger, I'll have to watch again....Kingdom Come, nice :lol:
    edit: check again g, 3:49

that vid takes me back...the Sleeze Beez :lol:
    It mentioned a band called Johnny Crash...they were one hit wonders...had a song called Hey Kid (searched them on youtube - it's from 1990)...I had been trying to figure that out for YEARS - I could only picture the album cover and video.....I'm seriously so relieved right now.

just waitin on the hatin' ;)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    I rather enjoyed that.

And yeah as Drowned Out mentions, the Kipster is in there, but no sign of Kingdom Clone.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    What has 7 arms and Rocks?
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Actually its 9 arms...Def Leppard.

(And usually the joke is "sucks" not rocks, but I like your version better.)
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

Is it 9? I thought there was only 4 of them. Yeah I always say rocks instead. Nothing beats Pour Some Sugar On Me :D
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:

Is it 9? I thought there was only 4 of them. Yeah I always say rocks instead. Nothing beats Pour Some Sugar On Me :D
    They've always had 2 guitarists, with Vivian Campbell haven taken over for the late Steve Clark, and Phil Collen handling the other axe since the early days.
  • Options
    I bow to your superior Def Leppard knowledge sir.
  • Options
    Probably just a product of age, and having seen them a few times.
    Theirs is a fairly interesting story, VH1 did a made for TV bipoic movie some years ago about them, it was decent.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201
    Poncier wrote:
    Probably just a product of age, and having seen them a few times.
    Theirs is a fairly interesting story, VH1 did a made for TV bipoic movie some years ago about them, it was decent.

Pyromania is an absolute classic album. So many great songs on it. and High N Dry is pretty good as well.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Poncier wrote:
    They've always had 2 guitarists, with Vivian Campbell haven taken over for the late Steve Clark, and Phil Collen handling the other axe since the early days.

sigh .... Vivian Campbell, your coolness factor from when you were the lead guitarist for Dio has all but vanished. Thre was a special on VH1 Classic this weekend form some festival in Europe, and they showed Def Leppard ... Vivian Campbell, I don't even know you any more. :roll:

as for the OPs original video ... I couldn't make it through 20 seconds as it sounds way too much like Kid Rock, whom I loathe.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    jimed14 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

sigh .... Vivian Campbell, your coolness factor from when you were the lead guitarist for Dio has all but vanished. Thre was a special on VH1 Classic this weekend form some festival in Europe, and they showed Def Leppard ... Vivian Campbell, I don't even know you any more. :roll:

as for the OPs original video ... I couldn't make it through 20 seconds as it sounds way too much like Kid Rock, whom I loathe.

Yeah...I miss the old Viv too.

I always believed that once you join Dio, you never go back to pussy ass metal. Oh well, at least he's not as douchey as Brett Michaels... 8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    That was really, really good. "Give Pearl Jam and Eddie a big fuck you!"
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I love this thread....80's Metal was so bad it's good!! I love it... :mrgreen:
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,159
    PAM!!!!!!!! :D Hey didnt we have a thread like this before? Only you, me, and Drowned Out posted in it the most! :lol: 80's metal rules! 8-)
    ~Sen!
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    g under p wrote:

Peace
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlN3oEjMpUQ
    just LOOK at those teeth ;)

ya, I'd be surprised if there wasn't any Winger, I'll have to watch again....Kingdom Come, nice :lol:
    edit: check again g, 3:49

that vid takes me back...the Sleeze Beez :lol:
    It mentioned a band called Johnny Crash...they were one hit wonders...had a song called Hey Kid (searched them on youtube - it's from 1990)...I had been trying to figure that out for YEARS - I could only picture the album cover and video.....I'm seriously so relieved right now.

just waitin on the hatin' ;)

I thought I saw Winger and those teeth but I didn't take the time to go back and look. You were correct was
    LA GUNS in there? As for Kingdome Come and their one album I thought was cool cause they sounded so much like Led Zep even looked like them. Remember this cut...KC *Get It On*?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)