Mike Mcready's current pedal board

lostdogs89lostdogs89 Posts: 134
edited October 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does any one know Mikes current pedal set up or most recent set up? Like some of the weirder effects he used on the avocado album, backspacer and even a little on riot act
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    www.giventowail.com

Click on gear

That'll have the 2005 gear. That's the most recent
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    mikemccreadypedalboard2.jpg

I think this might be a little more recent because of the addition of the Keeley BluesDriver. Or was that before 2005?
    We can't see the image :(

I think he was using that, in the studio, for a while before it was on his board. I know the MM4 was new, though. He took a number of boxes off his board when that came on. Also, his pan/volume pedal isn't shown.
    That's strange... I can only see the picture when I log in... Anyway, if you go here:
    http://www.guitarfxdepot.com/rigs/mike-mccready-pearl-jam-guitar-rig/
    it should show the board I'm talking about when you scroll down.
    Any thoughts on dating this board? (I don't mean it THAT way! ;) However, I probably WOULD date it... :D )
    I'm not shure about the pan volume. Is that still on the board? If it is, there's still the off chance that it might be to the right of the wha and not in the picture. Now I'm not sure about the the blueish (I'm colorblind ;) ) box in the upper right corner and the box next to the MM4. That might be a line selector and therefore eliminate the need for the pan volume. Thoughts?
    It's his 2005 board. I think that was taken at a Flight To Mars show UFO. The pan is still in use, from what I know. Here's the pedals.

Top blue one is the Line 6 MM4. He's got a present Univibe effect, Phaser, Flanger, and a chorus, I think.
    The Large green box in the Line 6 FL4. He's got a Tap delay(labeled "Tap me"), Special Delay for "You Are", and a few others I forgot.
    The silver box above the Pink delay is a Line selector
    The Pink pedal is the BOSS Analog delay
    The large silver pedal is the Rotosphere
    The Small green stompbox in the TS9 Tube Screamer
    The Blue Pedal is the BOS BD2 Blues Driver that's Keeley Modded
    Then there's a wah.
    In the link I sent, the blues driver is replaced with a Fulltone Distortion Pro.

I am pretty sure he's changing up effects for the upcoming Backspacer album, though.
    Do you mean for the tour? I think most of the stuff has been on that board in one form or another for quite a while now. So I wonder what he would change. However, it might be kind of interesting soundwise.
    As for the actual recordings, I hope that we will get a little better gear glimpse this time around.
    I just mean in general. I know he usually uses the same type of effects, I just wonder what pedals they'll be in
    Yeah. I'm with you on that. I'm hoping for something like the Fender Blender on Binaural. Or something even more crazy, like a talk box or something...
    I don't know how I'd feel if Mike put the talk box on the board but the Blender would be GREAT. He never did use it live. It's odd that Stone has a bigger board than Mike, though...
  • That's something I keep wondering about. Especially because his usage of effects is almost never as "prominent" as mike's.
    It's funny how there's still some "staple" effects that he almost never used. Like a tremolo or fuzz and stuff like that.
  • I can hear a sublte fuzz from his solos. The Flanger with Delay can be heard during the breakdown on Nothing As It Seems. Tremolo is a toss up, though. Stone put a DL4 on his board, though, the tour after Mike did. In the 2007 shows, you can really hear Stone's fuzz
  • Ah.. I made no sense... The fuzz and tremolo part was referring to mike. :) You're right, though. If you look for a fuzzy tone in stone's sound you can clearly hear it at times.
  • In some of Mike's solos, you hear the fuzz (2003). But Never something like the Blender. The Tremolo I head during live versions of Black. I could be wrong, though.
  • It never occured to me that there might be some fuzz in mike's tone. But thanks! i'm gonna give some of the 03 boots a listen.
  • Brain of J, NAIS, and a lot of solos have a sublte fuzz.
  • savmansavman Posts: 230
    I dunno about what pedals he is currently using but he got an excellent tone using that flying v and 2x savage amps the other night on present tense. Sounded amazing.
    Any one know?
  • I'll see if I can spot anything on Saturday. However, I doubt that i will be able to catch a glimpse of his pedals. I'll try, though.
  • Of course I didn't get the chance to look at the board on Saturday... But while snooping around this page I found something that might be of interest... Have a look:
    http://www.pearljam.com/photo/081109-london-uk-2
    A Whammy?? This is new, isn't it?
  • Nope. Jeff used one, for a while, and then Mike started using one, on the last tour. I remember a thread starting because of it, though
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    Nope. Jeff used one, for a while, and then Mike started using one, on the last tour. I remember a thread starting because of it, though

Definately has been used during satan's bed, sad, and especially star spangled banner outtro from ledbetter.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • And here's another fresh one.
    acl100409.jpg
    DL4 - only one delay pedal. And what is the red pedal above rotosphere? LEHLE switcher?
    Warsaw 96/11/01 ; Katowice 00/06/15, Katowice 00/06/16 ; Chicago 03/06/18 ; Chicago 06/05/16 ; Chicago 06/05/17 ; Chicago 07/08/05 ; Boston 08/06/30 ; Philadelphia 09/10/27 ; New York 10/05/20 ; New York 10/05/21 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/03 ; Alpine Valley 11/09/04 ; Wrigley Field 13/07/19 ; Pittsburgh 13/10/11 ; St.Louis 14/10/03
  • Jepp. That's a Lehle Dual SGoS.