Options

Pearl Jam Confirmed to Play 2008 VH1 Rock Honors

Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
edited May 2008 in The Porch
Just got this internal memo at work!

PEARL JAM, FOO FIGHTERS AND THE FLAMING LIPS PAY TRIBUTE TO LEGENDARY ROCK BAND THE WHO IN THIRD ANNUAL “VH1 ROCK HONORS” PREMIERING THURSDAY, JULY 17 AT 9:00PM*

FROM THE PAULEY PAVILION IN LOS ANGELES

TICKETS TO GO ON SALE SUNDAY, JUNE 8 WITH PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT THE EFFORTS OF MULTIPLE CHARITIES

The Night Will Also Feature An Unforgettable Live Performance By The Who

NEW YORK, NY, May 21, 2008 – VH1 has just confirmed that critically acclaimed, multi-platinum rock bands Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters along with the Grammy Award-winning rock band The Flaming Lips will perform at the network’s third annual “VH1 Rock Honors” celebration honoring legendary rock band The Who.

This year’s event will deliver a night of high-voltage tribute performances by the three bands all leading up to the spectacular grand finale performance by The Who as they rock the stage. Additional performers, presenters and special guests will be announced as they are confirmed. As a result of The Who’s revolutionary and era-defining influence on rock music, this will be the first “VH1 Rock Honors” that salutes just one band.

Taping in Los Angeles at the Pauley Pavilion on the campus of UCLA on July 12, “VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” will premiere on Thursday, July 17 at 9pm* on VH1, VH1 Classic and MHD. VH1.com will also offer select performances from the show leading up to and following the on-air premiere at Rock.VH1.com. The Who’s monumental legacy will be celebrated with a 2 – hour tribute that will salute the music and the lasting impact of this groundbreaking band. The influence of The Who will be felt through spoken tributes, filmed packages and performances by some of today’s premiere rock acts as well as the legends themselves.

On Friday, June 6, tickets will go on sale to WHOLIGANS, members of The Who Fan Club (thewho.com). The general public on sale will be on Sunday, June 8. All tickets will be sold via Ticketmaster. Proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the efforts of multiple charities including The Teenage Cancer Trust, the Double O Charity, VH1 Save The Music Foundation and select VH1 Classic Rock Autism organizations.

Check soon for honoree profiles, exclusive online programming, show information and more at Rock.VH1.com. Additional VH1.com and VH1 Mobile efforts around “VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” will be announced in the coming weeks.

“VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” is sponsored by Taco Bell Corp and Garnier® Fructis®.

“VH1 Rock Honors: The Who” is directed by David Mallet and executive produced by Greg Sills and Lee Rolontz and Rick Krim for VH1. Paul Flattery and Patrizia DiMaria serve as producers with David Wild as co-producer.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    marvellous

• Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    Awesome - looking fwd to watching it!! =)
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    cool
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    The Who, PJ and Foo Fighters, nice bill. Seen them all, but never together. That last song is going to be kick ass.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    Yeah, pretty exciting. I had selfishly hoped it would be in NY, but I'll get over it ;)
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    that is fucking awesome

i wish i was on the west coast for that one... it could be one for the ages... those 4 bands on the stage in one night?

wow
  • Options
    butterfly1butterfly1 Posts: 372
    Agreed..it will be a nice night for all. Eddie may be the most stoked in the house.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    Very cool bill
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I have a non paid membership to the Who Fan club. Does this allow for me to take advantage of the pre sale?

Anyone know?

How hard will it be to get tickets?
  • Options
    I wonder how much tickets will be? I mean, I might be able to pull some strings if it were in NY, but way over there, I'm nobody!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I love The Flaming Lips.
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    I wonder how much tickets will be? I mean, I might be able to pull some strings if it were in NY, but way over there, I'm nobody!

lmao,,i bet u can pull some strings lol
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    lmao,,i bet u can pull some strings lol

I have a way of making things happen!
    :D
  • Options
    PS, why hasn't 10c told us about this yet?
  • Options
    What do you think the last (jam) song will be? Baba? Won't Get Fooled Again? Others?
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
  • Options
    What do you think the last (jam) song will be? Baba? Won't Get Fooled Again? Others?

I bet it'll be Baba, and based on how geeked Ed gets to play it with our boys on stage, imagine how his head's gonna explode when The Who is involved!
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,283
    Since Taco Bell is involved, stone should launch some burritos in one of those t shirt launching machines, that will really get the crowd pumped up.Matt can QB the whole thing from his drum kit. Stone I got a stoner to the left almost done with his joint, give em a burrito
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    I bet it'll be Baba, and based on how geeked Ed gets to play it with our boys on stage, imagine how his head's gonna explode when The Who is involved!
    haha...good point. :D
    what a lineup! that will be an amazing evening for those in attendance...no doubt.
  • Options
    haha, look who finally caught up with the sticky!

I'll cut em slack for the time difference, I suppose.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,776
    PS, why hasn't 10c told us about this yet?

Because VH1 has the honor of announcing their event first.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat wrote:
    Because VH1 has the honor of announcing their event first.

I figured that. To be fair, I work here ;)