Options

Just Received West Palm Cd - It Is BADA$$

coach pjcoach pj Posts: 215
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I just got the West Palm cd, it sounds great. I can understand the frustration with the mix of Mike, but I think it is better sounding than 2006. Anyone else received the cd? What do you think?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    coach pj wrote:
    I just got the West Palm cd, it sounds great. I can understand the frustration with the mix of Mike, but I think it is better sounding than 2006. Anyone else received the cd? What do you think?

How's the packaging and all? Any pics?
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    Fatal wrote:
    How's the packaging and all? Any pics?

The packaging looks just like the icon on the goods page. The set list is on the back, but not on the cd's. The case is a trifold fold out, I will try to post soon.
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    Great!! Can't wait for all 13 to come rolling in to me! 1 at a time I imagine??
  • Options
    fuckfuck Posts: 4,069
    Great!! Can't wait for all 13 to come rolling in to me! 1 at a time I imagine??
    depends how you ordered them.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I haven't even gotton an email that they were shipped yet...I need them bad!!!!!!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    _outlaw wrote:
    depends how you ordered them.

The 1st group I ordered was West Palm - Va Beach.. so they won't ship until Va beach is ready? That's cool.. at least I know they are coming soon.
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    I haven't even gotton an email that they were shipped yet...I need them bad!!!!!!!

i never got an email for the italy dvd/shirt saying they shipped them and i got mine like 2 days after.
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I didn't get my cd. I ordered the Columbia one on June 18th. I also ordered a few other things. I got an email last Friday that my order was processed and would ship within 24 hours. So I get the box today and my cd wasn't in it. Not even mentioned on the inventory. :(

I would have really thought my other stuff would have been sent a lot sooner. I thought it was delayed because of the cd, which would have been fine, but no cd.

I'm such a loser I went ahead and bought the download so I could have it now, but I still want my cd!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    release30 wrote:
    I ordered the 1st seven and I haven't received crap either
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,872
    mindi wrote:
    I didn't get my cd. I ordered the Columbia one on June 18th. I also ordered a few other things. I got an email last Friday that my order was processed and would ship within 24 hours. So I get the box today and my cd wasn't in it. Not even mentioned on the inventory. :(

I would have really thought my other stuff would have been sent a lot sooner. I thought it was delayed because of the cd, which would have been fine, but no cd.

I'm such a loser I went ahead and bought the download so I could have it now, but I still want my cd!

I placed an order on the 28th for the Hartford boot and some other stuff. I thought the other stuff would have been here by now and they'd just send the CD later, guess not.

It would be nice to know how far along in the process my order is.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    mindi wrote:

The bootlegs are not being shipped by the 10C ... the email i got for both WPB and Tampa being shipped says "this order was forwarded by Pearl Jam.com or something like that and it gives you another email address to send any questions or concerns, so I think that CDs are being shipped from a thrid party which would be why it wasn't mentioned on your invoice ...

I got WPB email on Thursday and Tampa email on Friday, hopefully i'll get them early next week... :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    http://www.kufala.com

If you buy them from their website its about a buck more expensive than the 10C, $18 with shipping included.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009

If you buy them from their website its about a buck more expensive than the 10C, $18 with shipping included.
    $1.02 :D
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    umlawgradumlawgrad Posts: 24
    mindi wrote:

Glad to hear I'm not the only one here who did that! :)
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    post some pics of the packaging pretty please!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906

Whats up with the "who are you" typos all of a sudden?!?!?!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    i have only listened to a couple boots so far but I think Ed's voice is amazing- he actually sounds like a well rounded singer
  • Options
    Whats up with the "who are you" typos all of a sudden?!?!?!

I sure hope there is no typos on the actual cd sleeve!
  • Options
    anteroantero Earth Posts: 21
    please
    www.anteroboots.com
  • Options
    grazmangrazman Posts: 198
    coach pj wrote:

what i want to know is has the cd's been mixed differently to the FLAC files i bought!
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    grazman wrote:
    what i want to know is has the cd's been mixed differently to the FLAC files i bought!

Highly doubtful since the flacs are made form the mastered wav files that they make the CD with.
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:
    Highly doubtful since the flacs are made form the mastered wav files that they make the CD with.

just asking as the original poster said the sound was Bada$$ and better than the 2006 boots, but i think they sound pretty average and I cant hear mike and stone in the mix. Realize they changed the mix later on but West Palm Beach don't sound good to me. Confused i am???
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    grazman wrote:
    just asking as the original poster said the sound was Bada$$ and better than the 2006 boots, but i think they sound pretty average and I cant hear mike and stone in the mix. Realize they changed the mix later on but West Palm Beach don't sound good to me. Confused i am???

I agree about Mike and Stone. I just like the full sound with more bass in the mix. I thought the 2006 mixes sounded tinny. When I play a song from a 2008 boot back to back with a 2006 mix I like the sound of the 2008 better. Just an opinion, I would think everyone will have their own mix preference, this one is mine.
  • Options
    coach pj wrote:
    I agree about Mike and Stone. I just like the full sound with more bass in the mix. I thought the 2006 mixes sounded tinny. When I play a song from a 2008 boot back to back with a 2006 mix I like the sound of the 2008 better. Just an opinion, I would think everyone will have their own mix preference, this one is mine.

yeah, would be interesting to know if you think the mix changes on the Columbia boot as everyone is saying the sound is better on that one.
    It's Evolution, Baby!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852

yes, please do.
  • Options
    mrkmrk Posts: 12

If you click on the "Purchase album" link, it moves the cd to shopping cart and it lists the price as 16,92. Also, for those of us living outside the US, they charge only 4 usd PER ORDER for shipping, instead of 10c's 4,5 usd PER CD.
    06-28-00, 10-20-01, 10-22-01, 09-11-06, 09-22-06, 09-23-06, 06-18-07, 06-26-07
  • Options
    mrk wrote:
    If you click on the "Purchase album" link, it moves the cd to shopping cart and it lists the price as 16,92. Also, for those of us living outside the US, they charge only 4 usd PER ORDER for shipping, instead of 10c's 4,5 usd PER CD.

Good to know, I didn't try adding them to my cart I bought them through 10C at 16.98 each total, just saw the price listed under the CD I didn't know about the shipping I live in the US. :)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Good to know, I didn't try adding them to my cart I bought them through 10C at 16.98 each total, just saw the price listed under the CD I didn't know about the shipping I live in the US. :)

so i could have gotten my DC show earlier than 3 weeks by ordering directly off the KUFLA website?
    the KUFLA cd of the Rockfords sounds pretty awesome. one of my favorite sets to listen to. i think pearl jam did it right by going through them this time around. i think they'll sound great. i really want the Liam Finn set they offer on there.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    so i could have gotten my DC show earlier than 3 weeks by ordering directly off the KUFLA website?
    the KUFLA cd of the Rockfords sounds pretty awesome. one of my favorite sets to listen to. i think pearl jam did it right by going through them this time around. i think they'll sound great. i really want the Liam Finn set they offer on there.

Well I think they are shipping them a few days later than when 10C ships their orders, my WPB and Tampa were already shipped as of last week though on their website they have the start date for shipping as Monday the 7th, I think they ship 10C orders first and then theirs... dunno for sure....
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    mrk wrote:

Where did you see the price for international shipping?
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky