Options

10C has a mess on their hands!

2»

Comments

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    you have to wonder - why is it so difficult for them to upgrade this website? how many times does this need to happen?
    with all the complaining about ticket master, at least you can get through and only get charged once.
    I just do not get what the problem is here...
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    you have to wonder - why is it so difficult for them to upgrade this website? how many times does this need to happen?
    with all the complaining about ticket master, at least you can get through and only get charged once.
    I just do not get what the problem is here...
    Just got this from the 10c staff. I was confirmed with 12th and 13th shows but it timed out - never got the email so i contacted 10c - they were nice enough to write back but weren't able to help - I'm out of luck. Glad i didn't book my flight!

Hi Mark.
    We are very sorry, but it appears that your order was not accepted by our system and therefore you have not secured any tickets to the April Fools tour through the Ten Club. However, your credit card was authorized for multiple charges but we have no way of retrieving those tickets you attempted to purchase. The authorizations will disappear from your credit card within 3-5 business days.

Your next chance to purchase tickets to these shows is February 22nd at 10am PST through Ticketmaster.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
    10C Staff
  • Options
    robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    nuzzer1 wrote:
    Just got this from the 10c staff. I was confirmed with 12th and 13th shows but it timed out - never got the email so i contacted 10c - they were nice enough to write back but weren't able to help - I'm out of luck. Glad i didn't book my flight!

Hi Mark.
    We are very sorry, but it appears that your order was not accepted by our system and therefore you have not secured any tickets to the April Fools tour through the Ten Club. However, your credit card was authorized for multiple charges but we have no way of retrieving those tickets you attempted to purchase. The authorizations will disappear from your credit card within 3-5 business days.

Your next chance to purchase tickets to these shows is February 22nd at 10am PST through Ticketmaster.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks
    10C Staff
    3-5 business days WOW!!!!

If I was you I would be going off!!!!!!

Good luck on friday
  • Options
    Same prob...

CC charge pending...no tix or confim email. The page actually timed out while the submit was happening.

Is there a consultation prize?

oh and I have a blog..

http://opengarble.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Just to make sure, if there it shows up in my profile then I have tix right? If not I need to know if I have to try and get tix througn TM.
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    InThinAir wrote:
    Just to make sure, if there it shows up in my profile then I have tix right? If not I need to know if I have to try and get tix througn TM.

if they're in your profile you have tix....
  • Options
    From Ed...

He said..An entire East Coast tour would start after the West Coast shows..and need not worry, it's free..then he said..April Fools.
  • Options
    Synapses FlashingSynapses Flashing Ventura, CA Posts: 86
    NYbenben wrote:
    This happens all the time... they need to look into a better system or more bandwidth on their site...getting way to congested.

As I mentioned in another thread, why can't they just limit the number of shows that go on sale at one time? Like 2 shows a day. Or 2 shows at 10, 2 more at 2, etc. I'm sure the demand for the 2 LA shows could probably bring the server to it's knees just by themselves, let alone the other shows. That way you don't have the crush of people trying to buy LA getting in the way of people who want to go to one of the other shows. If their server is this limited it seems like this would alleviate a lot of the problems they had Monday.
    11-7-95 San Diego Sports Arena (originally 6-7-95 in Del Mar)7-14-98 LA
    6-3-03 Irvine7-7-06 San Diego7-9/10-06 LA7-13-06 Santa Barbara7-16-06 San Francisco7-22/23-06 Gorge12-2-06 Honolulu4-10-08 Santa Barbara (Ed)4-13-08 LA (Ed)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    wxman1969 wrote:
    As I mentioned in another thread, why can't they just limit the number of shows that go on sale at one time? Like 2 shows a day. Or 2 shows at 10, 2 more at 2, etc. I'm sure the demand for the 2 LA shows could probably bring the server to it's knees just by themselves, let alone the other shows. That way you don't have the crush of people trying to buy LA getting in the way of people who want to go to one of the other shows. If their server is this limited it seems like this would alleviate a lot of the problems they had Monday.

As Dunkman explained, this is why... I bet the servers would crash either way because people would probably go for ALL shows anyway.
    dunkman wrote:
    i disagree.. its best to do it all in one day.. we had staggered sales for the Euro shows in 06 and it was a disaster..

i.e. i wanted say London tickets which were released 7 days after the other ones... if i didnt get lucky with London then i cant go back in time and try for another show.. know what i mean?

its hard to explain but basically if you release them in batches and the only ticket you want is in the last batch and you dont get one then bang goes your chances of getting any... whereas if they all are released at once.. and you see Vancouver is SOLD OUT it gives you another chance at a venue where you might have to travel... but you'll see a show.

if the server was better it'd cope with a release all in one go... its how every other tour is done.. batch releases would be a backwards step. (see The South fiasco in 06 also... they didnt go for North Tour tickets expecting a release of Southern dates afterwards... it never came!)
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    geeze, after reading all of these disaster threads... i am glad eddie is not coming to the east coast! :)
  • Options
    Staggering shows or monkeying with the process are not necessary. The effort should be focused on building an application that would allow anyone to go in at the designated time and order tickets until the supply of those tickets is exhausted without the servers crashing or charging for products not received. This is neither obscenely complicated nor expensive.
  • Options

Well you know in Seattle- we have a hard time finding people with any tech ability
    :rolleyes:
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options

Well you know in Seattle- we have a hard time finding people with any tech ability
    :rolleyes:

In all fairness, they obviously don't have the internal expertise to pull this off and the perception may exist there that it is very complicated or expensive to upgrade.
  • Options
    Why not hire someone to fix this mess? Maybe they're strapped for cash? Who knows.
  • Options
    I'm not picking on 10club. really- it isn't unique to them.

Several years ago- I had a similar problem- I was buying something over the phone and because the salesperson didn't think it was going through- he put it through 3 times ( I think it was for a year service to my dial-up company- so it was for about $180 apiece)

I had no idea that he was doing this- and had no idea that my account had been debited 3 or 4 times, until I started getting NSF notices from my bank in the mail.

( this is before most banks went online)
    It hadn't been on a credit card- but on my debit card- so was coming directly out of my checking account.

I had to physically go to Washington Mutual- to find out what was happening.

I managed to get the Earthlink account straightened out, but WAMU was still charging me $25 a piece for the NSF items. ( which were considerable- because they put them through at once before the Earthlink credit)
    Even though I had been a customer of WAMU for years- the manager at the Northgate branch of Seattle would not waive the charges- "because it wasn't their fault".
    Even though any idiot should have seen that duplicate charges were in error.

I swallowed it- and made the bad decision to keep my account.

( bad decision because a few months later- a WAMU bank on Mercer Island allowed someone to deposit a bad check into my account- & take money out- I didn't know this until again, I was notified by mail- after a long investigation, they finally cleared my account of the charges- and this time I closed my account)

While I am on this tangent- I will point out, that when you buy gas with a debit card at certain stations, they will put a hold on your account, for more than your purchase, in order to make sure the charge goes through.
    http://www.atg.wa.gov/askcolumn.aspx?id=11926
    This can cause problems- if you don't realize it and have other charges at same time which are then returned.

Ive also noticed that while charges may go through right away- returns or credits may not be posted for 7 to 10 business days

Just something to be aware of.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Why not hire someone to fix this mess? Maybe they're strapped for cash? Who knows.

its a significant investment to upgrade the servers to a level that can handle a large number of people on at once-a lot more to it that "just fix the damn thing"

probably not what they bargained for-kinda like artillery only on a larger scale

I can see Tim sitting there in the 10c office (Crashed Again!! F me-these people are insane! We have more bandwith than netflix!)
  • Options
    Synapses FlashingSynapses Flashing Ventura, CA Posts: 86
    redrock wrote:
    Originally Posted by dunkman
    i disagree.. its best to do it all in one day.. we had staggered sales for the Euro shows in 06 and it was a disaster..

i.e. i wanted say London tickets which were released 7 days after the other ones... if i didnt get lucky with London then i cant go back in time and try for another show.. know what i mean?

its hard to explain but basically if you release them in batches and the only ticket you want is in the last batch and you dont get one then bang goes your chances of getting any... whereas if they all are released at once.. and you see Vancouver is SOLD OUT it gives you another chance at a venue where you might have to travel... but you'll see a show.

You make a good point. Ultimately it shouldn't even come to this. The answer is absolutely improve the server, increase bandwidth, etc. This is where the focus of their efforts should be and if increasing our member fees is the answer than so be it. However, given the choice between what happened Monday and taking a chance on a specific set of shows I'd still take the latter. The server responses were so cryptic it was impossible to tell whether certain shows were sold out or whether the server was just overtaxed. So much time was probably spent trying for shows that had already sold out that people probably missed out on any alternate shows they could have attended.
    11-7-95 San Diego Sports Arena (originally 6-7-95 in Del Mar)7-14-98 LA
    6-3-03 Irvine7-7-06 San Diego7-9/10-06 LA7-13-06 Santa Barbara7-16-06 San Francisco7-22/23-06 Gorge12-2-06 Honolulu4-10-08 Santa Barbara (Ed)4-13-08 LA (Ed)
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    In all fairness, they obviously don't have the internal expertise to pull this off and the perception may exist there that it is very complicated or expensive to upgrade.

I understand that the problem may not be the easiest to fix, but you would think after all the years of hearing bitching and complaining from various service failures on the site in regards to selling Posters (the great poster sale of 03 when they sold all the extra posters causing the site to collapse), when the site collapsed when they sold Benaroya on vinyl, and the numerous ticket sales that have caused the site to collapse (Wachovia 05, 06 tour, Vic, and now this) that they would address the situation.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:
    I understand that the problem may not be the easiest to fix, but you would think after all the years of hearing bitching and complaining from various service failures on the site in regards to selling Posters (the great poster sale of 03 when they sold all the extra posters causing the site to collapse), when the site collapsed when they sold Benaroya on vinyl, and the numerous ticket sales that have caused the site to collapse (Wachovia 05, 06 tour, Vic, and now this) that they would address the situation.
    exactly...

why should a simple thing like purchasing concert tickets turn into hours and hours of aggravation????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:

the reason nothing has been done is they dont give a shit hard difficult or inconvient it is for us. To them the system is fine. Products and tickets still sell out. Fans get fucked over in the process? Oh well, we did our job and made the band money. It is completly fucked to treat your most loyal customers like this. I can't help to think that if the band members knew how incompetent ten club management chooses to be there would be changes.

There is no reason one of the biggest bands in the world that wants to make money on the Internet does not have a proper IT solution. Again the only reason there isn't one is they dont fucking care as long as things sell.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    I agree, because it isn't like this band just came on the scene a month ago and are just now starting a fan base. I don't buy much through the 10C, but I read the board and this happens without fail. I think it is the responsibility of the 10C who process all of the money that flows from the fans to the band to make this process much more user friendly and efficient. I would be curious to know how many people actually work in this part of the PJ organization.

The other thing you gotta wonder is, do they really care, when, for sure, they get first dibs on whatever they want and probably their friends and families too. This is the only fan club that I pay to belong to and in recent years, between the way after Christmas Christmas single, the lost merch in the mail, the inability to score tickets when they go on sale, etc., I'm not sure, because I have nothing to compare it too, if the money to belong is well spent. Since the online process began I've stood in line at TM and gotten seats and never gotten seats through 10c. There are plenty of other postings on this board that we miss the 3x5 index cards and money order system. At least you had a real chance as a fan club member. I have dial up computer service, so my chances are slim to none.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    . To them the system is fine. Products and tickets still sell out. Fans get fucked over in the process? Oh well, we did our job and made the band money.

Do you really believe this?
    How about it works fine except for when we do limited/special products and the cost of upgrading doesnt justify it. And if we upgrade we will HAVE to raise prices to finance it?
    There is no reason one of the biggest bands in the world that wants to make money on the Internet does not have a proper IT solution. Again the only reason there isn't one is they dont fucking care as long as things sell.

Except if the cost significantly outweighed the benefits-and if it resulte din increased prices. They are not amazon, and it seems to work fine when its not for a limited item.

Although the bank statement thing is f'ed up. Id be going after the 10c for any out of pocket expenses-thats redonkulous
    and I dont know why they have not issued a clarification or apology.
  • Options
    Solat13 wrote:

Completely agreed! This has gone on for way too many years and the 10C certainly should feel a certain level of embarassment at this point for the events. That said, I am somewhat sympathetic. They are likely a small organization with a limited budget, and it can be difficult to find good technical solutions in such situations. However, those solutions exist and there are those of us who have offered to help without receiving any response. Unfortunately, it all gets lost in these "10C SUX" vs "10C IS UNIMPEACHABLE" discussions...
  • Options
    the reason nothing has been done is they dont give a shit hard difficult or inconvient it is for us. To them the system is fine. Products and tickets still sell out. Fans get fucked over in the process? Oh well, we did our job and made the band money. It is completly fucked to treat your most loyal customers like this. I can't help to think that if the band members knew how incompetent ten club management chooses to be there would be changes.

Right on! Because for every frustrated internet customer posting, there is at least one satisfied that got the ticket they wanted. No one is boycotting the system rather feeding the machine by causing this feeding frenzy for every single product that does on sale. Even with all the complaints about the price of the books and the delay in mail times, etc. without fail, this stuff always sells out.

Really brings home the point of the saying I have in my cubicle that I copied out of a PJ book

You Are Free
    Pillage
    Consume
    Discard Repeat
    Keep on Working

Wonder what would happen if one day when tickets went on sale, nobody bought? Sounds like something Eddie would propose.
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets, oh
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who cannot forgive yourself, oh
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • Options
    Dont fool yourself. Ed wants to make coin too. There is nothing wrong with that. Make phat profits but ten club needs to pony up and upgrade their ecommerce solutions.
    bearfoot61 wrote:
    Right on! Because for every frustrated internet customer posting, there is at least one satisfied that got the ticket they wanted. No one is boycotting the system rather feeding the machine by causing this feeding frenzy for every single product that does on sale. Even with all the complaints about the price of the books and the delay in mail times, etc. without fail, this stuff always sells out.

Really brings home the point of the saying I have in my cubicle that I copied out of a PJ book

You Are Free
    Pillage
    Consume
    Discard Repeat
    Keep on Working

Wonder what would happen if one day when tickets went on sale, nobody bought? Sounds like something Eddie would propose.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07