Options

2008 w.m.a.

albertgtalbertgt Posts: 19
edited July 2008 in The Porch
just wanted to say i love the 2008 concert versions of w.m.a.

the changes they did to the song make it sound so much more intense even though it seems subtle at first, its so much more dynamic than the vs. version, i love it. if this song came out now on a new album i would go nuts over it! love the sound pj love it love it love it!!!!
[2008] New York, NY. Beacon Theater
[2007] Chicago, Il. Lollapalooza
[2006] East Rutherford, NJ. Continental Airlines Arena
[2003] Atlanta, GA. HifiBuys Amphitheater
[2000] Atlanta, GA. Philips Arena
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I really like the guitar arrangement at the start.
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    The vocals with those chords are chilling, especially in an arena. They should record it and make it a B-side to something from the new album.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    I REALLY would have liked to see them play this in Hartford or Mansfield. I kept hoping. Alas, I'm still pining away for some live WMA... :)
    Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
  • Options
    I love how Matt is a human drum machine and nails the drum beat BY HIS FUCKING SELF.
    They say I'm rappin like BIG, jay, and tupac
    Andre 3000 where is eryka badu at
    Who dat
    Who dat said dey gon beat lil wayne
    My name ain't Bic but I keep dat flame man

2008 CHICAGO CUBS MAGIC NUMBER = 62

BEAR DOWN!!!!!
  • Options
    i actually like it better then the studio version

*ducks for cover*
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,343
    Yeah the new changes are awesome and I love how they whipped W.M.A. out for this tour. When I first heard it at MSG 1 the guitar arrangement at the beginning sounded like wonderwall by oasis and I was like is Pearl Jam seriously playing this. But then Ed came in with "He won the lottery" and i knew right away. Great song and since hearing it live it has definitely become one of my favorites.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i actually like it better then the studio version

*ducks for cover*

Im sure alot of us do. The new WMA is killer. The rearangements are definately for the better. It almost seems like a whole new song, yet at the same time you can tell what it is. Whover said it is right, they should TOTALLY B-side it.

My only slight complaint is that it doesnt have enough jeff. The original showed off that awesome bass line. In the new one its almost lost.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Leofish2Leofish2 Posts: 138
    Its the [email]sh@#....The[/email] 3 backup singers fills it out just right......like army reserve at the beacon!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah the new changes are awesome and I love how they whipped W.M.A. out for this tour. When I first heard it at MSG 1 the guitar arrangement at the beginning sounded like wonderwall by oasis and I was like is Pearl Jam seriously playing this. But then Ed came in with "He won the lottery" and i knew right away. Great song and since hearing it live it has definitely become one of my favorites.

dude that is so funny, i turned to my wife and was like that sounds like wonderwall.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    unclejoshunclejosh Posts: 15
    Ha! if def reminded me of Wonderwall when I first heard it, too! Having said that, I am really digging this version. I didnt think the Atlanta 94 version could be topped, but the 08 version is inching its way up FAST for me.
    "You can't even remember what I'm trying to forget"
  • Options
    To me, it'll never take the place of the album version, or Atlanta 1994.

I still prefer the original In My Tree too.

WMA (Original) is the best PJ song never released as a single, IMO.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC