Options

eddie at cubs game last night...

lelelele Posts: 2
edited August 2008 in The Porch
two of my husband's co workers were in a box at wrigley last night and eddie walked in with another guy. hung out for 20 minutes... they said he was as nice as can be, asked if they wanted pictures. i am so jealous i could throw up.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Cool that he was there...but I think he jinxed them. Cubs should have wiped the floor with the Reds???
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,652
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Cool that he was there...but I think he jinxed them. Cubs should have wiped the floor with the Reds???

Except Arroyo knew one of his heroes might be in attendence.

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Someone must have told Ted Lilly around the 6th inning that Vedder was in the crowd. It's the only explanation for blowing the no-hitter.

Eddie won't be @ Wrigley tonight so we should be okay :)
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    lele wrote:
    asked if they wanted pictures.
    well, that's a first :)

welcome to the pit by the way
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Someone must have told Ted Lilly around the 6th inning that Vedder was in the crowd. It's the only explanation for blowing the no-hitter.

Eddie won't be @ Wrigley tonight so we should be okay :)
    He COULD be since its a day game, but I kind of doubt it since he has to get ready for the show... but I guess he could cut out around 3:30 or so and get there in plenty of time for soundcheck.
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    He COULD be since its a day game, but I kind of doubt it since he has to get ready for the show... but I guess he could cut out around 3:30 or so and get there in plenty of time for soundcheck.

Maybe he'll sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" again :)

I always liked his drunken version from 1998. Harry would be proud.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    well, that's a first :)

Yeah, I thought the same thing because a friend of mine had a meet and greet with Ed and was told he could ask him anything - including the size of his penis - but couldn't ask to take a picture with him. Then again, I see pics of Ed and fans now and then, so maybe he only allows it when he's feeling pretty :D
    "Tweet"

"Chirp"
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I think he allows pictures sometimes if it's a chance encounter and you get to chat for a while. Not if there are a bunch of people around before or after a show.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    gobrowns19 wrote:
    I think he allows pictures sometimes if it's a chance encounter and you get to chat for a while. Not if there are a bunch of people around before or after a show.

He allows pictures at shows, even with people around.
    "If you're looking for someone to pull you out of that ditch, you're out of luck."
  • Options
    PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Ha, I think its alot more than just Ed. They have plenty of fans that have that same effect. LOL
  • Options
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    Ha, I think its alot more than just Ed. They have plenty of fans that have that same effect. LOL

Yeah...I think I'm one of them too. Everytime I watch them on TV they fucking lose :(