Options

ten club policy on ticket exchage

mol.cameronmol.cameron Posts: 94
edited April 2008 in The Porch
Hi guys. i was planning on coming to america to see a few shows in the summer. however, due to financial problems/lack of a touring partner, this is no longer viable. i emailed ten club, to ask what i should do in this circumstance. there response was ;

Sorry Andrew ... All ticket sales are final. No transfers and no exchanges.

Thanks
10C

However, i thought there was a possibilty of 'selling' the tickets to another fan club member? anyone have any advice/similar problem before?
'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    The only way to sell them would be to pick them up at the venue first. It sounds like you're kind of out of luck.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    got the same response when I asked about trading my msg2 tix for Boston 10c tix

seems despite doing transfers on previous tours that this time they mean no exchanges/refunds/transfers
  • Options
    Hi guys. i was planning on coming to america to see a few shows in the summer. however, due to financial problems/lack of a touring partner, this is no longer viable. i emailed ten club, to ask what i should do in this circumstance. there response was ;

Thanks
    10C

However, i thought there was a possibilty of 'selling' the tickets to another fan club member? anyone have any advice/similar problem before?

that sucks!!! sorry you can't make it man.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I can understand why they don't want to do transfers (due to the risk of abuse), but it sucks if there's good seats empty..
    what they appeared to do last year seemed to work fine: THEY did the transfer to people on the waiting list, that way it couldn't be cheated.

maybe they'll accept that when the shows are sold out..
  • Options
    ah...double disappointment. oh well, il just have to learn from this i guess. they better come back to europe one year!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    Pegasus wrote:
    I can understand why they don't want to do transfers (due to the risk of abuse), but it sucks if there's good seats empty..
    what they appeared to do last year seemed to work fine: THEY did the transfer to people on the waiting list, that way it couldn't be cheated.

maybe they'll accept that when the shows are sold out..

Perhaps any unclaimed tickets get released to the public day of the show...........

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Yeah, I don't blame 10C, but it does suck that there will apparently be some empty seats this tour. I am going to have to eat my 6/30 tickets, it looks like. I have to be back to LA, so I will not be making the 3 nights in 4 days. I would love to transfer them to a fellow member, but the rules is the rules, I guess.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    touringfantouringfan Posts: 568

Thanks
    10C

forget the touring partner, come solo meet new people, ebay your single and use the profits to cover costs. Also the dollar is so weak that depending on where your traveling from your currency may "go a long way"

obviously im kidding about ebaying the tickets but i'm sure there are other solutions. If not you cant really blame anyone as the rules are clearly stated.
    baby boomers selling you rumors of their history, forcing youth away from the truth of what's real today.
  • Options
    I contacted 10C after finding out about the second Mansfield show being added to see about transferring the tix from the 30th to a member that might have been shut out. I would have preferred going up on the weekend (seeing as I got Hartford tix, too) rather than having to take two days off of work for the Monday show, but they said the same to me.

Figured I'd give it a shot though.
    Regardless, I'll still be attending the show on the 30th.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    Perhaps any unclaimed tickets get released to the public day of the show...........
    I believe you can still pick up your tickets 30mn after the show started, so not likely.
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    well, you can thank the people that abused the ticket transfer system on previous tours.

there were people that were paying people with low numbers to purchase tickets and then transfer them to the higher numbered person. all planned out in advance.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,778
    I hate to sound mean here, but you really should not have purchased tickets without having your plans solidified. They said no exchanges.

Now all you’ve accomplished is taking seats away from another fan club member.

And that blows.
  • Options
    I hate to sound mean here, but you really should not have purchased tickets without having your plans solidified. They said no exchanges.

And that blows.

I don't disagree with that. And I'm sure some people bought tickets without thinking it through or something. Some others may have been trying to beat the system. Who knows. In my case, I had a solidified plan to go to shows on 6/27, 6/28 and 6/30. Subsequently a work commitment was scheduled. I am an attorney in LA, and I can't blow off the appointment. So life sometimes causes these types of schedule changes. I'd love to go all 3 days, but I can't do it. Like I said, I don't blame the 10C. It would be nice to transfer to another member though. Shit, I'd rather do that for free than to have my tickets go to waste completely.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options

And that blows.

i understand what you're saying, but in my defence, how much notice was given between tour announcement and tickets being on sale...not long.
  • Options
    I don't disagree with that. And I'm sure some people bought tickets without thinking it through or something. Some others may have been trying to beat the system. Who knows. In my case, I had a solidified plan to go to shows on 6/27, 6/28 and 6/30. Subsequently a work commitment was scheduled. I am an attorney in LA, and I can't blow off the appointment. So life sometimes causes these types of schedule changes. I'd love to go all 3 days, but I can't do it. Like I said, I don't blame the 10C. It would be nice to transfer to another member though. Shit, I'd rather do that for free than to have my tickets go to waste completely.

Yeah I know things happen, that's why I said I hate to sound mean, because, hell i'm a nice person :D

It just seemed to me that tickets went on sale, what, last week - two weeks ago - and already I've seen numerous people trying to sell/exhange tix because they can't go.

but I do understand that things happen

hell, I had to postpone my vacation by two days to go to my shows, luckily for me, my schedule was flexible

I'm sure 10club would love to accomodate everyone's wishes, but people have to realize, it is a monumental task - just managing the distribution of 10 club tix for shows, let alone trying to worry about someone who wants to exhange or sell their tix to someone else
  • Options
    i understand what you're saying, but in my defence, how much notice was given between tour announcement and tickets being on sale...not long.

well actually i liked the idea the poster up there said - come anyway - you certainly don't need a touring partner - you can find a thousand of them right here :)

I really do hope you're able to make it
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Pegasus wrote:
    I believe you can still pick up your tickets 30mn after the show started, so not likely.

THERE WILL BE TICKET DROPS AT TM so check it often-and work the MSG box office day of the show. It is entirely possible to get seats this way

Unused 10C tix will be recycled-perhaps they might change the policy as the dates get closer. But dont count on it.
  • Options
    I think we all agree that there should be as few empty seats as possible. If anyone can convince the 10C to do a transfer, they are welcome to have my 6/30 Mansfield tickets. I'd do it for free at this point to earn some PJ good karma.
  • Options
    PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Yeah, I'm stuck with a pair for June 20th in Camden. Got a wedding invitation for that day, a week after ordering the tix. I understand the logistics of doing too many transfers, but its a shame that the tix are going to waste.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    PJSerf wrote:
    Yeah, I'm stuck with a pair for June 20th in Camden. Got a wedding invitation for that day, a week after ordering the tix. I understand the logistics of doing too many transfers, but its a shame that the tix are going to waste.

My rule is, if I'm not standing in the wedding, I don't feel obligated to go if I've got other plans.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    THERE WILL BE TICKET DROPS AT TM so check it often-and work the MSG box office day of the show. It is entirely possible to get seats this way

Unused 10C tix will be recycled-perhaps they might change the policy as the dates get closer. But dont count on it.
    I don't see how 10c tix can get recycled if they don't take returns on them.

I'd be very pissed off if for whatever reason (flight delay, car breakdown..) I couldn't arrive to pick them up until the last minute and they had sold them on!
  • Options
    going to sell my bonnaroo ticket and fly to nyc for the show by myself then fly back to drive to hartford, not going to waste my tickets
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

Thanks
    10C

Thank you 10 club!
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    My rule is, if I'm not standing in the wedding, I don't feel obligated to go if I've got other plans.
    exactly....
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    c'mon, the guy wants to GIVE his 10C tix away so they dont go to waste.

i guess when my dad died they should not have "let" me transfer my tix to some other fan?

he just wants to spread the love, so stop with the holier than thou act people.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    mensane wrote:
    well, you can thank the people that abused the ticket transfer system on previous tours.

there were people that were paying people with low numbers to purchase tickets and then transfer them to the higher numbered person. all planned out in advance.

ding ding....

though a compromise and if the 10C felt like dealing with it.... I would say just switch those tickets out with someone with the higher 10C #.... win/win for everyone (maybe not 10C staff since they have to deal with the transfer)... better than no one getting the tix.....
    wishlistfoundation.org