Options

Pearl Jam lyrics always fitting

PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
edited July 2009 in The Porch
So for the past year I've been working at a school as a Cover Assistant (think in-school supply teacher) and today was my last day because in September I'm starting a PGCE course which is basically a teaching qualification so I can teach English.

Anyway, one of the teachers I work with gave me a card as I left today and it's probably the best card I've ever received. She knows I'm a Pearl Jam fan but doesn't really know them herself.

It's a photo of a lined-writing pad with big black marker writing:

Mr Wilderspin

I'm questioning my education.
Is my education who I am now?

I just thought it was so cool and fitting, as the school I've been working at is the school I attended myself as a student and it's really shaped me and meant a lot to me, and now I'm working on the other side in a role I really care about and see as important. But the importance of that is kind of daunting too.

Really cool that she'd really done some research into some PJ lyrics to dig up something suitable. And funny to me that it's something pretty obscure. Were I not a giant PJ nerd I wouldn't have got it straight away. She said that she spent ages going through lyrics and learned a lot!

And of course, such a great song too, it's been in my head all day.