Options

10C tix more than ticketmaster?

ms.honeymeisterms.honeymeister Posts: 476
edited July 2009 in The Porch
I was looking at the ticketmaster listing for the Pearl Jam show in Seattle and they list ticket prices at $66.00.... for 10c tix the cost was $74.00 per ticket. hmmmmm.....

i know the ticketmaster price doesn't include all their stupid fees, but i wouldn't think 10c would charge "fees", so why would they be more than the published ticketmaster price?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Yah, I was wondering about that too. So I guess they are about the same price after all, including fees, hmm.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    It will be interesting to see how the final prices compare. I would think Pearl Jams prices would still be slightly lower, but not by too much.

Also, perhaps the agreement called for more Fan club seats than is usual or standard, but Ten Club had to pay a higher premium and thus the price of their tickets were higher.

Sadly we never get any of this information and so speculation usual condemns the band. Perhaps those sentiments are correct, but I prefer to think they are on our side.
  • Options
    sleaze76sleaze76 Posts: 13
    Ticketmaster fees are going to be more than the overall fees of the 10c.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    $ELL OUT$

:lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    tdmuwtdmuw Posts: 29
    I think TicketMa$ter charges 10C a ticketing fee as well for the fanclub seats they get.
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    It seems fairly obvious to me that 10c would have to charge more fore tickets. I paid more for Manchester. They have to have people at the gigs to hand out tickets so there is a wage surely???
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    philthehip wrote:
    It seems fairly obvious to me that 10c would have to charge more fore tickets. I paid more for Manchester. They have to have people at the gigs to hand out tickets so there is a wage surely???

Agree. i think I've heard they're responsible for paying those folks which makes me think the fan club tickets are completely seperate from anything TM is doing at the venue.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    I was looking at the ticketmaster listing for the Pearl Jam show in Seattle and they list ticket prices at $66.00.... for 10c tix the cost was $74.00 per ticket. hmmmmm.....

i know the ticketmaster price doesn't include all their stupid fees, but i wouldn't think 10c would charge "fees", so why would they be more than the published ticketmaster price?

10C is charged the same cost per ticket in terms of all Ticketmaster and facility fees as a regular consumer who purchases the same ticket from Ticketmaster. not to mention, 10C's ticket price also includes a small credit card/debit card processing fee, which 10C can't get around. ultimately, the price is the same regardless of the source,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 862
    You have the best seats in the house....extra cost is worth it
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    Comcasttix came to $90 per ticket, so 10-C is actually about $6 cheaper per ticket for Philly.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    zolsticezolstice Posts: 60
    Personally, I haven't even checked for a price difference with my Chicago tix, and even if they were more expensive, I don't really care.

But I think a legitimate argument can be made for a lack of transparency, especially considering that one of the main problems Pearl Jam had when they went toe to toe with Ticketmaster was that at the time, the service fees Ticketmaster was charging weren't clearly spelled out at the time of ticket purchase. The tickets weren't advertised as, for example $60 + $10 convenience fee + $2 facility fee, they were advertised as $72.

That is one of the only areas where Pearl Jam actually won in their battle with Ticketmaster.

Now it appears that the 10C is doing the exact same thing Pearl Jam fought against. Simply state in the email announcing tickets all of the costs associated with the ticket price, something like $66 + $8 Ticketmaster surcharge, or something like that. I'm pretty sure no one would complain about that (oh who am I kidding, people would still find a reason to complain).
    Minneapolis : 06/30/1998 - Chicago : 10/09/2000 - Vancouver : 05/30/2003 - Fargo : 06/15/2003 - Winnipeg : 09/08/2005 - Thunder Bay : 09/09/2005 - St. Paul : 06/26/2006 - Chicago : 08/23/2009 - Chicago : 08/24/2009
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    zolstice wrote:
    Now it appears that the 10C is doing the exact same thing Pearl Jam fought against.

not at all. a big part of the TM beef was that a ticket would say $20 and at the end, fans would get charged $35 because of the tacked on fees. PJ just wanted TM to clarify that the extra $15 was because of TM and not because of the band. I see all the charges these days and it doesnt make me feel any better about a 50% surcharge.

and there is no way that TM would let 10C have any tickets without collecting the fees they would collect from the public. if that were the case, that 10% would go down to about 1%.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,317
    FYI, the charge for two Philly tickets, mailed to me, was $185.50.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    i don't mind paying extra for having 10c seats...obviously they're better...and i would rather any extra fees go to them instead of TM. the credit card fee and their own "handling" fee makes sense, just didn't realize there were extra fees above the face value of the ticket.