Options

Cameras allowed at MSG?

GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I realise they are banned at the solo gigs but does anyone know the policy on cameras at MSG?

I remember having mine confiscated at the Astoria a couple of years ago. Going by this, I didn't take one to Dublin or Wembley and was gutted to see people happily clicking away at the concerts.

I take it that this is a venue policy not a band policy? yes?

Any help would be much appreciated :)
PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TimansTimans Posts: 34
    I would like to know this as well.

I really want to take some pictures, lot's of pictures.
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I believe digital cameras are fine
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,090
    I took a camera to Dublin and kinda wished I hadn't, I ended up spending too much time trying to get a good shot instead of taking in the show. Then when I got back there were loads of brillliant pics on the net that were better than mine anyway :o

Its individual choice I know but I don't think I'll bother this time, gonna try and absorb every minute of what will be an awesome experience :)

Edit: if you are a brillliant photographer, please do take loads of pics and post them on the net after ;)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    I had my camera with me at a show at MSG a little over a month ago and did not have any issues with security or staff. I think in PJ's ticket policy there is a blurb that states something along the lines that digital and disposable cameras are permitted, just no "professional" equipment.
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    I had my camera with me at a show at MSG a little over a month ago and did not have any issues with security or staff. I think in PJ's ticket policy there is a blurb that states something along the lines that digital and disposable cameras are permitted, just no "professional" equipment.

That's what I don't get. I had my digital camera confiscated, hardly "professional" looking at all :(

Oh well, I'll take one with me and see what happens.
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I was at a concert a few weeks ago, and I couldn't see the stage for everyone holding up their digital cameras or cell phone cameras. Really ruined the concert for me...and I'm 6'5''. Worrying about taking pictures takes away from the concert experience...leave em at home, and you'll have a better time.
    "It's all happening"