Options

Potential for the 4 LA Shows

walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Since a run of four shows in the same small venue is pretty much unprecedented for Pearl Jam, do you think the band is planning anything special for the shows in L.A.? Perhaps something like they did in Boston in 2003, when they didn't repeat a single song until the last song of the tour and tried to get through most of their catalog during the four shows? Or the introduction of special guests?

The possibilities are endless...let's hear your theories!
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I predict .....4 kick ass shows... and some special guests
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    there will be repeats...

guests? maybe you can get Tim Robbins sorry ass again like we did in 2006 for 2 nights...
  • Options
    there will be repeats...

guests? maybe you can get Tim Robbins sorry ass again like we did in 2006 for 2 nights...

Yeah, that was sort of a buzz kill with Tim up there.
    I can get you a toe by three o'clock...
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Since a run of four shows in the same small venue is pretty much unprecedented for Pearl Jam, do you think the band is planning anything special for the shows in L.A.? Perhaps something like they did in Boston in 2003, when they didn't repeat a single song until the last song of the tour and tried to get through most of their catalog during the four shows? Or the introduction of special guests?

The possibilities are endless...let's hear your theories!

I really hope so. But no matter what it will be special.

I think we will get quite a few repeats, plus a couple special guests.
  • Options
    Jack Irons
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    there will be repeats...

Yeah, that was sort of a buzz kill with Tim up there.

EXACTLY!!!!!!! And then night 2 when they brought his punk ass out again, I was extremely bitter... He is a good actor, but needs to stick with acting/directing. He sucks at music!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    what bummed me about the tim robbins thing was this is la....there are tons of great musicians here and instead we get an actor....that's why i loved seeing bruce this year and he brought tom morrello out on night and mike ness the next :mrgreen:

as for what's in store for la....4 shows of pearl jam goodness :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    what bummed me about the tim robbins thing was this is la....there are tons of great musicians here and instead we get an actor....that's why i loved seeing bruce this year and he brought tom morrello out on night and mike ness the next :mrgreen:

as for what's in store for la....4 shows of pearl jam goodness :mrgreen:

yea it's Ed's fault for bringing out his stupid political friends instead of REAL musicians....
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Hey Pearl Jam...
    How about calling on John Doe to sing the John Doe songs instead of Tim Robbins? I mean, at the Henry Fonda, John was in the house with his little daughters and 'Must Not Think Bad Thoughts' IS a John Doe song... it only makes sense, right? Maybe he can come up and help sing 'Golden State' or 'New World' or 'Must Not Think Bad Thoughts'. Give him a call... I'm pretty sure he'd be up for it.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!