Options

Ticketmaster or LiveNation?

Blue27Blue27 Posts: 42
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Ten Club says that the west coast shows will go on sale to the general public via Ticketmaster on Saturday, and they are listed there. However, I also saw them listed on the LiveNation site. Is it the same thing? Or is one site better/easier to get tickets from than the other? Do they charge the same fees? Do they offer the same tickets (in terms of seat location)? I apologize if this is common knowledge, but I'm confused as to whether or not it matters. I only bought tickets via LiveNation once to a club show, and those tickets were not also available via Ticketmaster's site, I don't think.
11/6+7/95 SD Sports-9/16/96 SEA Key-7/10/98 SD Cox-7/13+14/98 LA Forum-10/24/00 LA Greek-10/25/00 SD Sports-10/28/00 DEV Glen Helen-6/2+3/03 IRV Meadows-6/5/03 SD Sports-6/6/03 LV MGM-7/8+9/03 NYC MSG-9/1/05 GEO Gorge-7/6/06 LV MGM-7/7/06 SD Cox-7/9+10/06 LA Forum-7/12/06 LA Fonda-7/13/06 SB Bowl-7/12/08 LA Pauley Pav-6/1/09 LA Universal-9+10/30+1+6+7/09 LA Gibson-10/9/09 SD Viejas-11/21/13 SD Viejas-11/23+24/13 LA Sports-11/26/13 OAK Oracle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,016
    I believe they recently merged so I doubt there would be any difference in tickets
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    stuartrdrstuartrdr Posts: 74
    Yeah there is no difference. When you click on "Buy Tickets" on the LiveNation site, it will transfer you to the Ticketmaster page :)
  • Options
    starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    Live Nation's servers suck and TM's do not. That's the difference. Seattle and Philly are Live Nation, the others are TM. Hope this helps.

One other thing... comcasttix.com will also carry the Spectrum shows...
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I believe they recently merged so I doubt there would be any difference in tickets

that merger is not yet approved..

both companies suck ass...
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    ticketmaster is the way to go.

when shows are on both, come on sale time, the livenation buy button becomes a link to the ticketmaster event page and you lose valuable time.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Last time I tried to buy shows off livenation.com it took me to a page where I had to choose between going to an individual seating map or just getting the best available. May not seem like much, but that extra page cost me about 20 seconds of very valuable time.

Just go with you know and try ticketmaster, in my opinion.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    doesnt livenation allow you to pick your seat (depending on whats available) ?
  • Options
    nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    What about Comcast vs. Live Nation for the Philly tickets?
    Still the same?
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    Elzar wrote:
    doesnt livenation allow you to pick your seat (depending on whats available) ?

Yes, but for shows that sell out quickly your only hope of getting tickets is to go for Best Available.

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    live nation does the click and pick thing after the seats are almost gone when mostly singles remain...

not sure about comcast vs LN

also, the gibson amp show are also live nation i noticed... weird.

live nation and live nation venues remind me of the movie idiocracy... go to one and you'll see what i mean :)
  • Options
    live nation does the click and pick thing after the seats are almost gone when mostly singles remain...

Not true. I bought tickets through Live Nation less than a month ago and was on right at 10:00 (the second tickets went on sale) and I still got the click and pick thing.

• Options

not sure about comcast vs LN

also, the gibson amp show are also live nation i noticed... weird.

live nation and live nation venues remind me of the movie idiocracy... go to one and you'll see what i mean :)

The gibson amp show will be on Ticketmaster. They already have the ticket page up. Be careful when at LN. They don't sell the tickets to Gibson Amp, just advertise the shows, so even though they have that page up, when the tickets go on sale they'll put up a Get info/Find Tickets link, and then just re-direct you to the TM show page. All the current shows at Gibson Amp are under that system, so I don't see why it would be any different for PJ and actually put their tickets up on LN.
  • Options
    PJPJ Posts: 285
    Still the same?

what they said... :?:
    2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
    2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
    2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    Live Nation often has better tickets than Ticketmaster does for some shows.
  • Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    PJ wrote:
    Still the same?

Bump..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,313
    Boom 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Boom 8-)
    Dude what are you even saying? You make no sense.. ever.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Jwmcc wrote:
    PJ wrote:
    Still the same?

Bump..

Yes, if anyone has info. on that, I'd appreciate it. I got an e-mail from Livenation about the Philly shows, but I wonder if I go through LN, will it just bring me to the Comcast site?
  • Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    Someone please answer this question ^
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/409598/

im curous about this too

livenation or comcast??
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 643
    I think all the Philly people are keeping the info. to themselves.... :evil:
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    nadja_veddernadja_vedder Posts: 291
    Still the same?

bump
    "makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"
  • Options
    like i said in a previous post, if a show is on live nation only, that is where you buy tickets.

if a show is on another ticket site AND live nation, i promise you, when the "buy" button appears, it will just end up being a link to the other ticket site, and you will lose time.

you can try this for yourself with any show that is currently on sale now, go to ticketmaster and find a show, then go to live nation and click buy and see what happens.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    here, case in point... green day at the spectrum, see what happens...

http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/407192

here's a ticketmaster example

http://www.livenation.com/edp/eventId/403701
  • Options
    Live Nation must die.
  • Options
    Boom 8-)
    Dude what are you even saying? You make no sense.. ever.
    first,its my way of bump(boom),,second,,u are the only complainer so far.3.im not an english teacher and the same time im Greek so my english are not 100% right,4.its around the third time you"are a little bitcing on me"and really dont know the reason..please explain if i miss something here..from the other side i have fun with your comments..and no problem,,if you have one,let me know..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    LukinFan wrote:

that's what i thought. either way you're getting screwed. wish they'd hurry up and merge....same evil machine to me.

inside ticketmasters empire RS 7/09 article
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=102698
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:

that's what i thought. either way you're getting screwed. wish they'd hurry up and merge....same evil machine to me.

inside ticketmasters empire RS 7/09 article
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 9&t=102698
    +1
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    :) thanks dimitrispearljam. hehehehe
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*