** Corduroy Bridge School Tabs **

satansbedbugssatansbedbugs Posts: 2,412
edited July 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone help me out with this tab?? been looking for something close for a long , long time... any help would be much appreciated...

SBB
*Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016, 2024
Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022, 2023
Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
Baltimore- 2024
DC- 2006, 2008
New York- 2008, 2010
Boston - Fenway 2016 (night 2) , 2024 (night1)
East Rutherford, New Jersey- 2006
Chicago - Lollapalooza 2007
Seattle- Gorge 2005
EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    I suppose you mean the altered version from 96? I don't know if you're aware of that, but there's a pretty good video of that particular performance on youtube. It might give you fairly good idea of ed's part. I don't have any tabs though.
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs Posts: 2,412
    I suppose you mean the altered version from 96? I don't know if you're aware of that, but there's a pretty good video of that particular performance on youtube. It might give you fairly good idea of ed's part. I don't have any tabs though.

yeah , but its hard to see what hes doing ......i love that version of corduroy

Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Seattle- Gorge 2005

- Given To Fly
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I think I've seen it somewhere.

Look for "Corduroy-acoustic"

Probably not on giventowail...but I know I've seen it out there.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    I'll do my best to make one... truthfully, it's VERY similar to the original.

Main differences:
    1) Slow it down needless to say. The opening riff can remain the same.
    2) Just before the lyrics start, rather than using the barred F chord up at the eighth (I think) fret, start with F at standard position, and then switch to a G. This progression (F -> G) remains constant throughout the verses.
    3) At "I don't want to take what you can't give", do it like this: "(C) I don't want to (Am) take what you can't give (Em)"
    4) At "Can't buy what I want because it's free", do it like this: "(C) Can't buy what I (C/G) want because (C/A) it's free (G)". I apologize if my terminology for that is wrong.
    After the fourth change, you would repeat the riff, and start again, as it's a standard verse/chorus/verse track. Hope this helped a bit!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    benjs wrote:

Main differences:
    2) Just before the lyrics start, rather than using the barred F chord up at the eighth (I think) fret, start with F at standard position, and then switch to a G. This progression (F -> G) remains constant throughout the verses.
    3) At "I don't want to take what you can't give", do it like this: "(C) I don't want to (Am) take what you can't give (Em)"
    4) At "Can't buy what I want because it's free", do it like this: "(C) Can't buy what I (C/G) want because (C/A) it's free (G)". I apologize if my terminology for that is wrong.
    After the fourth change, you would repeat the riff, and start again, as it's a standard verse/chorus/verse track. Hope this helped a bit!

that sounds pretty accurate to me. the only thing that i do differently is i play the F on the 8th fret. it holds the same feeling as the regular version for me. then i take it down to a 1st position G like benjs said. also, you can replace the Em with a G during the "i don't wanna take.." part. i usually do that & arpeggiate the G, B & high E strings.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    mfc2006 wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Main differences:

that sounds pretty accurate to me. the only thing that i do differently is i play the F on the 8th fret. it holds the same feeling as the regular version for me. then i take it down to a 1st position G like benjs said. also, you can replace the Em with a G during the "i don't wanna take.." part. i usually do that & arpeggiate the G, B & high E strings.
    Ah. I usually use an Em7 and then do an arpeggio over the high E, B, and G strings (in that order). Same idea!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    benjs wrote:
    Ah. I usually use an Em7 and then do an arpeggio over the high E, B, and G strings (in that order). Same idea!

yup!! maybe i'll try it w/ an Em7 next time. although it'll pretty much sound the same.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    mfc2006 wrote:
    benjs wrote:

Main differences:

That's generally how I do it too.
  • satansbedbugssatansbedbugs Posts: 2,412
    HEY THANKS FOR THE IDEAS GUYS......NOW I GOTTA PRACTICE I T...

Baltimore- 2024
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Seattle- Gorge 2005

- Given To Fly