Nurse Jackie

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited May 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I have become a fan of this show on Showtime. Anybody else?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I'm a fan :). I actually just watched a episode. I think Edie Falco is really good in it. She trancends Carmella. :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    libragirl wrote:
    I'm a fan :). I actually just watched a episode. I think Edie Falco is really good in it. She trancends Carmella. :)

The nurse in training that follows Edie Falco around cracks me up. lol :D

The new episode with the toast imo was the best one yet. The show is growing on me. :)
  • "Maybe if the braclet was made out of Vicoden"

I love Eddie!

All the characters are great.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
    libragirl wrote:

The new episode with the toast imo was the best one yet. The show is growing on me. :)

Yes, zooey is funny...i think that's her name. I liked when the dr. was screwing around with her with her stethescope. :lol:
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    libragirl wrote:

Yes, zooey is funny...i think that's her name. I liked when the dr. was screwing around with her with her stethescope. :lol:

I think that's her name she is my favorite on the show. I didn't like her b4 but she cracks me up now. :)
    "Maybe if the braclet was made out of Vicoden"

I love Eddie!

All the characters are great.

Eddie is funny too, the whole cast is :)
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I really like Nurse Jackie. She's pretty complex and I like that.

Showtime really has a knack for creating these flawed characters and finding a way to make them loveable. (ala Dexter Morgan...which I realize is an extreme comparison to Nurse Jackie.)
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    a hospital show.....just what TV needs.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

I'm just curious, do you watch it?
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870

apart from syndicated reruns, I don't really faithfully watch TV shows.

And I don't mean that in a pompous way. I don't go out of my way not to watch it, or find anything wrong with watching TV. Just as of recent years, I coincidentally haven't been watching it.

But from all the Doctor/hospital shows I have seen (ER, Chicago Hope, Grey's Anatomy, the one that came before ER from the 80's, and the previews for this new one you're talking about). The've all bored me and I've always felt like I'm watching the same show.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg

apart from syndicated reruns, I don't really faithfully watch TV shows.

And I don't mean that in a pompous way. I don't go out of my way not to watch it, or find anything wrong with watching TV. Just as of recent years, I coincidentally haven't been watching it.

But from all the Doctor/hospital shows I have seen (ER, Chicago Hope, Grey's Anatomy, the one that came before ER from the 80's, and the previews for this new one you're talking about). The've all bored me and I've always felt like I'm watching the same show.

fair enough.

I just figure if you haven't watched it, maybe it would be a good idea to check it out before judging. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just really not a hospital show. This woman just happens to be a nurse who is really damaged in a lot of ways, but complex and interesting enough to care about. It is different. :)
  • Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I've watched 2 or 3 episodes and liked the show, but I can never remember when it's on and I've missed a ton of it.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
    Back_Pedal wrote:
    I've watched 2 or 3 episodes and liked the show, but I can never remember when it's on and I've missed a ton of it.

The episodes first air Mondays at 10pm. I usually catch it on Wednesdays when they play at 9pm.
    Great first 5 mins already. Love this show. :D
  • I'm upset MoMo is gone.
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
    I'm upset MoMo is gone.

Yea me too but it's still a dam good show. It so needs to be longer then a 1/2 hr.
    Bump

:)
  • Show had me hooked, ten minutes into the first episode of the first season.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    "Tweeter-Twittering Fucking Dickhead" - Nurse Jackie 3-29-10
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • We got Season One back in January,,,I loved it :D The BBC had the genius idea to run the first 5 episodes over one week; this really worked in terms of hooking people in.

I can't wait to see the next Season...the writing and acting are superb :D
    Stand for something or you'll fall for anything (Skindred-Stand For Something)
    Such a great show.