Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
edited July 2009 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    big fuckin deal-
  • Options
    Wolf At BayWolf At Bay Posts: 236
    So does this mean that there's no Halloween show?
  • Options
    big fuckin deal-

Obviously you're not a golfer....

Anyway, I think this only adds to the chance of a Halloween show being added.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    So does this mean that there's no Halloween show?

not necessarily.
    even if pj chose to play halloween (and YES, PLEASE DO!) pj's shows would still be the last in the spectrum, no? that fact would not change and we'd all just get one more show. 8-)

edit....damn.....i didn't actually read the link until now:

As a concert venue, the Spectrum will not live to see Halloween. The Pearl Jam shows on October 28 and October 30 will be the Spectrums last. Comcast-Spectacor announced this morning that the dates by Eddie Vedder and crew, which were announced last week and go on sale Friday on ComcastTIX.com, will be the final shows at the storied venue. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band will play the building on October 13 and 14 (tix on sale July 27), and other big names for the fall are expected to announced in the coming weeks. Phish is one rumor; Bon Jovi wouldn't be a big surprise. When PJ last played the Spectrum in 2003, Vedder said: "It's really great to play a place with so much history and so much integration of culture. To be able to play the Spectrum is very memorable for us."

:(
    bummer.
    yet, somehow, i still hold out hope.
    damn, if they DO add a 3rd show, christ....will it be a weeknight then? i already had in my head i'd only do the 30th and 31st, if added.....big bummer. well, i'm STILL hopin'! :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    just went back to check my 2006 emails from 10C. In 2006, they had announced 6/1 and 6/3 in Jersey. they then sent out an email saying that the following shows were potential shows:

DATE CITY VENUE PRE-SALE DATE

May-25* Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden Mar-21 at 10am PST

May-28 Philadelphia, PA Tweeter Waterfront Mar-21 at 10am PST

May-31* E.Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena Mar-21 at 10am PST (night BEFORE the first show)

May 31 did not happen. they ended up doing Storytellers that night instead. so for everyone who thinks 10/31 is a lock, it could also be 10/28, or it could not happen at all.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    The Spectrum comes down on Dec. 31st so there will be a Halloween show.