Options

Oasis

craigbcraigb Posts: 806
edited July 2009 in Other Music
Does anybody here like Oasis?

Sure, the Gallaghers are a bit over the top, but I must admit that Noel is a great melodist. Songs like "Supersonic", "Magic Pie", and "Married with Children" are some of my favorite songs of all time.

Thoughts?
"Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    I love Oasis. Noel recently released a live album through itunes of him playing solo and acoustic at the Teenage Cancer Trust event... it's stunning.

Their first two albums are two of the best albums I ever heard. Since then they've been somewhat hit and miss, but the highs very much outweigh the lows (kinda like PJ in that regard).
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    +1
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Definitely Maybe and (What's the Story) Morning Glory? are classics, most know this. However, I think Be Here Now is very underrated. It's over-produced, but contains some great songs. Standing on the Shoulder of Giants and Heathen Chemistry are rather mediocre, at least by the band's standards, but they managed to release two really good albums in a row with Don't Believe the Truth and Dig Out Your Soul.

For those new to the band I'd recommend The Masterplan as well. It's a b-sides collection, but some of the songs on it are up there with the band's best work.
  • Options
    doujodoujo Posts: 285
    Be Here Now is so fn awesome. Definitely my favorite. Real rockin'.
  • Options
    craigbcraigb Posts: 806
    I'm partial to Be Here Now And Morning Glory (albums), and I'm also quite fond of Dont Believe the Truth.

The B-sides is great, too.

I'm not too sure I really appreciate Heathen Chemistry, however.
    "Speak clearly if you speak at all; carve every word before you let it fall"

Los Angeles 10.7.2009
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08