Options

Terrorist killed in Switzerland

flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
edited July 2009 in A Moving Train
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090713/od ... _dOFsDW7oF

===================================================================
Monster fish killed after terrorising Swiss swimmers

GENEVA (AFP) – Police divers have ended the reign of terror of a huge fish that was attacking swimmers in a Swiss lake.

The zander, which was 70 centimetres (two feet three inches) long and weighed eight kilos (17.5 pounds), was harpooned on Sunday after it bit six swimmers over the weekend, fish warden Fabio Croci told local media.

Two swimmers were treated in hospital for bite wounds up to 10 centimetres (four inches) long after being attacked on Lac Majeur, which borders Italy, he added.

Police divers at first tried to capture the carnivorous fish with a net, but when this failed they pursued the zander with a harpoon and managed to kill it.

The meat from the captured fish was served up to tourists at the lake.

"It is quite unusual for zanders to bite humans", Croci said, adding he suspected the fish was suffering from a hormonal imbalance which could be responsible for its aggression.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,803
    TAKE THAT YOU SLIMEY, SCALEY, COLD BLOODED TUUURRRRRRRRORRRRISST!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    the fish warden was called Croci... how cool!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    For one second I was scared by the thread title...
  • Options
    bernmodi wrote:
    For one second I was scared by the thread title...

Switzerland isnt that scary.

;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    You're right. And we just found out that our most scary criminals are working in a bank.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    He said hormonal imbalance...ha ha ha :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    did they kill the fish with the screwdriver or the corkscrew attachment of the Swiss Army Knife? or did they just club it to death with a Toblerone that had been kept in a fridge?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    this is pretty funny. for a second i thought there was an imminent attack foiled like on 24 lol....

this reminds me of the great animal conspiracy made famous by writer, philosopher, comedien, and the host of Vague but True.... Tim Bedore

http://www.vaguebuttrue.com/
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    dunkman wrote:
    did they kill the fish with the screwdriver or the corkscrew attachment of the Swiss Army Knife? or did they just club it to death with a Toblerone that had been kept in a fridge?

:lol:
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    zander1.jpg
  • Options
    BRMLAWBRMLAW Posts: 153
    dunkman wrote:
    They yodled it to death