Options

Backspacer CD - Purchase From Ten Club or Target?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    HeavyHands wrote:

I could be mistaken, but didn't the band refer to videos themselves as commercials back in the day?
    Yeah, they did, but it appears the band's philosophies have changed over the years.
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 443
    looks like there will be a limited edition poster for the pre-orders through HMV

Fans who pre-order the HMV version of 'Backspacer' will also receive a limited-edition poster (while supplies last).

and this part

The HMV pre-order of 'Backspacer' will be a different version than the Ten Club release.

according to this post
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I just pre ordered the CD and LP, as well as The Fixer 45 from the Ten Club. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i'll probably just download the CD off of iTunes or something like that for iPod purposes...

you don't want to do that. sound quality from Itunes is lacking. buy the cd and rip it at a higher bit rate. my files are typically in the 1,000 bit rate range when i rip from a cd. it makes a differnece on my truck stereo.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    goldrush wrote:
    bigbadbill wrote:
    Save up your chips and get both. I will.

Why would you need both?

I'm holding out for the 8-track version...

Cheap Trick just released an album on 8-Track!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10287864-1.html
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I am pretty sure the Target version will have SOMETHING. Or there will be two versions at Target. If there is an "exclusive" retailer there is always going to be some extra thing available. Extra tracks or a DVD or 4-5 live songs etc. Green Day had a "deluxe" version of their album at Target with live songs. If that happens, it will really be too bad if they don't give the ten club orders the same "extras." The people who preorder it here are--I guarantee you--way more completists for extra tracks or live songs than someone who buys it at Target. I won't shell for the extra money if it's live tracks from a recent concert like Daughter and Even Flow or something... but if it's all NEW live songs like from the it-didn't-actually-happen Cameron Crowe thing in Seattle, that would suck if we don't get it too.

But now I'm thinking about Chickenfoot and Guns n Roses at Best Buy, they were the exclusive retailer and all they sold was the CD (same songs as the downloads on websites etc...in fact Chickenfoot had an extra song on itunes instead).

Into the Wild had FOUR extra tracks on itunes and they were great. It's too bad Ten Club didn't include those on an extra disc for us. I found someone on here who sent me a CD-R and I'm so glad I found it. To pay it forward, I will send the first person to PM me a CD-R of those 4 songs, if you don't have them yet and want it that way. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I just pre ordered the CD and LP, as well as The Fixer 45 from the Ten Club. :mrgreen:
    2 lp.2 45 2 cd...need for trade.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    I think I'm going to opt for the Target version. I imagine it'll be cheaper and if there's any exclusive, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay twice for the same album. That's shit. I also like any excuse to go to Target, hehe.

same here. :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    I am more concerned with buying it from Ten C and then the release date comes and it doesnt show up in the mail and then obviously I have to go to Target to get it, theres no way I would wait for it and now I have two cds both exactly the same.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    iamme wrote:
    I am more concerned with buying it from Ten C and then the release date comes and it doesnt show up in the mail and then obviously I have to go to Target to get it, theres no way I would wait for it and now I have two cds both exactly the same.

i can't speak for everyone else, but i know that my copy of s/t arrived the Friday before the release date. hopefully, this trend will continue with Backspacer.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    aNiMaL wrote:
    2 lp.2 45 2 cd...need for trade.. ;)
    I just spent $56.05 for one copy of each....that is enough for me. 8-)
  • Options
    Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    I have an 8 track player on a hand held radio made by panasonic. Its red and also has a tape player as well. I use it at the job site. Havent played an 8 track on it, though. That would be interesting
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    because of this: "STREET DATE 9/20. WE'LL DO OUR BEST TO HAVE IT TO YOU BY THEN," I ordered from 10c. 9/20 is a Sunday, so I'm hoping to get it by Saturday. That way, I'll have an extra day to play the crap out of it before departing for Seattle on the 21st. :mrgreen:

If it doesn't show, I go to Target on Sunday. :roll:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518
    who are we kidding... if the 10C version does not get to us the day it is released we will either download from itunes or go to target and pick it up.
    Also, if there are "extras" in the Target version I am sure I will have to buy it... you can always use another copy. I think I have bought more than one PJ album due to scratches or other mishaps.

10C usually never lets us down... if there are extras I would suspect they will find a way to get it to us.
  • Options
    smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    Maybe both. Comes out on a Sunday so if it's not in the mail on Saturday the 19th, I'll be at Target when they open.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    jfconnorjr wrote:

10C usually never lets us down...

You'd never know it from all the ticket bitching threads! :roll: :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    smobeesmobee Valparaiso Indiana Posts: 178
    Got Avacado from 10C and it came in the mail before it hit stores. Time will tell.
  • Options
    mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 145
    if you pre-order from 10c - does it charge your credit card right away or when it ships?
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    Well, I'm already planning on getting the vinyl, CD version, and the single, so I'll just have to add a Target special addition onto that.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    aNiMaL wrote:
    me too . . . i'm also in the 253.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I pre-ordered the cd, vinyl, and the 45. I may see what happens in Seattle on the release date and if Easystreet has it I might make my first visit to that place too.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    HbudjrHbudjr Posts: 150
    Simple solution get both!!!!! :lol:
    8/23/2009- Chicago- United Center
    5/6/2010- Columbus- Nationwide Arena
    6/26/2011- Detroit- Fox Theater- EV Solo
    9/22/2012- Atlanta- Piedmont Park
    10/11/2013- Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
    11/26/2013 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
    10/1/2014 - Cincinnati - US Bank Arena
    10/16/2014 - Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
    4/26/2016 - Lexington - Rupp Arena (Hometown Show)
    8/20/2016 - Chicago - Wrigley Field
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    imalive wrote:
    jfconnorjr wrote:

10C usually never lets us down...

You'd never know it from all the ticket bitching threads! :roll: :mrgreen:

hahahaha!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i doubt target still has these anymore
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

Weren't they nearly giving them away at one point because they had so many left over?
  • Options
    davidtrios wrote:

Weren't they nearly giving them away at one point because they had so many left over?

i didnt know that...damn
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    No, they weren't. Our Target had a ton of them last year - discounted to $5 and then sent back to the place where all physical media goes when it doesn't sell...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    No, they weren't. Our Target had a ton of them last year - discounted to $5 and then sent back to the place where all physical media goes when it doesn't sell...

$5 is a steal for Backspacer
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    davidtrios wrote:

$5 is a steal for Backspacer

wonder if those download codes that came with it still work? hmmm....
    www.cluthelee.com