Options

I'm thinking of seeing the DC show. Anybody else going?

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Out of all these shows DC pops out the most to me. Just something about seeing our countries capital and the many sights and then Pearl Jam. You just know it's gonna be good. I just have a feeling about this. Of course all the rest of the shows will be amazing. But I'm picking DC. Just one show cause I have a feeling July and August will be seeing PJ again on tour. :) I may be wrong but I'm calling it. hehehe

So who's going to DC?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    i will be there too. flying in on the 21st!!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    just some advice. The security is fucking AWFUL there. They were assholes and i wouldnt suggest smoking dope, or trying to switch seats. Save if it for after the show kids.
  • Options
    just some advice. The security is fucking AWFUL there. They were assholes and i wouldnt suggest smoking dope, or trying to switch seats. Save if it for after the show kids.

I always smoke b4 a show and never switch my seat. :)

Thanks for the advice, are you going? :)
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    I'm pretty sure they'll want to give us something better than that rush job we got in 06. Still going to VA Beach as well just in case. If you want to smoke in DC a bat and dugout worked fine.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    ThunderclapThunderclap Lexington, KY Posts: 108
    Out of all these shows DC pops out the most to me. Just something about seeing our countries capital and the many sights and then Pearl Jam. You just know it's gonna be good. I just have a feeling about this. Of course all the rest of the shows will be amazing. But I'm picking DC. Just one show cause I have a feeling July and August will be seeing PJ again on tour. :) I may be wrong but I'm calling it. hehehe

So who's going to DC?

I'm thinking about going to Camden because it's too close to VA Beach to pass up, and if I go to Camden I might as well go to DC. As Christopher Columbus once said: fuckit

BTW, there's already a DC thread already over in GTF with a few posts:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=277357

And thanks again for the ride in Pittsburgh :)
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person
  • Options
    KamiKami Posts: 100
    i'm going, if i can get tickets! i BETTER get tickets.......
    2006 Washington D.C.
    2008 Washington D.C.
    2010 Cleveland
    2012 Philadelphia
    2013 Brooklyn 1, Baltimore
    2016 NYC 1
    2021 Ohana Encore 1
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    yes thinking about going to DC I will let you know by Tuesday ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    jfconnorjrjfconnorjr Posts: 518

So who's going to DC?

I am in on this one t0o... looks like a good time of the week for those who don't live in NY or Mass.
    I also suspect that July and Aug will be on the radar..... we will probably hear about that after these pre-sales.
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    i am leaning towards going their also....

if everything works out.

PEACE

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    I'll be there if I can get my fanclub tix online...who knows what can happen with internet traffic!
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    I'm tempted to do DC too. I have a friend that is going to be moving there shortly before then for a new job, and I have a cousin and another friend in the DC area that I've been meeting to visit too. I'll be happy if I get tickets for DC OR one of the MSG shows. Of course I know if I go for MSG, I'll want to do BOTH nights though.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    I'm tempted to do DC too. I have a friend that is going to be moving there shortly before then for a new job, and I have a cousin and another friend in the DC area that I've been meeting to visit too. I'll be happy if I get tickets for DC OR one of the MSG shows. Of course I know if I go for MSG, I'll want to do BOTH nights though.

The way I see it is everybody and there mother is going to MSG shows. lol

So as usual I'm not following what everybody else is doing. So DC it is. :D
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563

So who's going to DC?

I'm planning on going. I live in the area, so if you need any help planning a place to stay (i'd offer my couch but I don't know where I'll be).... or finding things to do around town let me know.

Plan on staying a few days so you can get a feel for the city. :)
  • Options
    megpearlmegpearl Posts: 17
    I'll be at the DC show, can't wait for it. I hope presale tickets go through, '06 DC show I got crap seats. Hope this time it's better. Can't wait to see you all there cheering and showing your love for such a great band!
    The only things permanent in my life are my tattoo and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    I'm planning on going. I live in the area, so if you need any help planning a place to stay (i'd offer my couch but I don't know where I'll be).... or finding things to do around town let me know.

Plan on staying a few days so you can get a feel for the city. :)

Oh I'm planning to stay a couple days and check out the sights. This show is gonna kick butt. lol :D
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    I hope to see you there Patty Me boyo

I am looking to try for DC and MSG1/2

if no DC then MSG and Hartford.
  • Options
    OneLoveOneLove Posts: 563
    Oh I'm planning to stay a couple days and check out the sights. This show is gonna kick butt. lol :D

I am really looking forward to it! I missed the last show because my Dad was rushed to the ER that day. Can't wait to see them again!

I still think I am a bit more jazzed about seeing ED in san diego though :) see you there!
  • Options
    OneLove wrote:
    I am really looking forward to it! I missed the last show because my Dad was rushed to the ER that day. Can't wait to see them again!

I still think I am a bit more jazzed about seeing ED in san diego though :) see you there!

Yea the Ed shows I'm a little more excited for. See you in San Diego. :D
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388

So who's going to DC?
    DC and two MSG's...for me.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    Mr Red Eyes, we meet again!
  • Options
    Pearl JenPearl Jen Posts: 136
    I am going if I can get tix! Can't wait!
  • Options
    ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    I just got a sudden urge to look around for flights and see if i could make this possible, but because i'm in the UK the cost of a flight is a bitch. I was going to get tickets somewhere nice in the stands because my crap 10c number probably wouldn't get me great seats. But the flight costs are making this impossible.

Unless anyone can recommend a cheap flight website for someone coming from England??
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    stpmattb wrote:
    Mr Red Eyes, we meet again!

Will have to enjoy a local beer together while in DC. :D
  • Options
    Boss302Boss302 Posts: 69
    Cya there
    And you may see me today
    with an illegal smile
    it don't cost very much
    but it lasts a long while
    won't you please tell the man
    i didn't kill anyone
    i'm just tryin to have me some fun
  • Options
    notradebaxxnotradebaxx Posts: 198
    oh yes
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    With bells on!
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!