Today will be good day :)

Comments

• bonowallbonowall Posts: 116
    Kat
    Obviously the powers that be don't understand ALL of the nervous eating I've been doing since the TWEET was made... another day??? UGH!!! :lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHA -

I am trying to position the story I tell my wife if I see a bunch of west coast shows:

"umm Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Hey...I love you."
    "Me too"
    (pregnant pause)
    "Oh yeah, Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Umm, I just found out that I will be doing some travelling in the Fall."
    "Oh wow - more work stuff?"
    "Not exactly."
    "What do you mean?"
    "Well...I will be taking a road trip and seeing Pearl Jam 5+ times starting in SF and working down to SD"
    "HUH?"
    "Yup - just thought I would let you know. You're welcome to join me but I understand if you wouldn't be interested!"
    "...and the cost?"
    "doesn't matter - it's flipping Pearl Jam!"
    (silence as I dance in place with excitement)

Or something like that...haha
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
    www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
    www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    bonowall wrote:
    Kat
    Obviously the powers that be don't understand ALL of the nervous eating I've been doing since the TWEET was made... another day??? UGH!!! :lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHA -

I am trying to position the story I tell my wife if I see a bunch of west coast shows:

"umm Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Hey...I love you."
    "Me too"
    (pregnant pause)
    "Oh yeah, Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Not exactly."
    "What do you mean?"
    "Well...I will be taking a road trip and seeing Pearl Jam 5+ times starting in SF and working down to SD"
    "HUH?"
    "Yup - just thought I would let you know. You're welcome to join me but I understand if you wouldn't be interested!"
    "...and the cost?"

You omitted the part where she tells you no sex for the foreseable future. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    :-D:-D Best posts I've seen recently since the Threat to Hurl thread. Reminds me of the 2 cartoon squirrels that keep thanking each other for thanking the other.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

Poncier wrote:
    bonowall wrote:
    Kat

HAHAHA -

"umm Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Hey...I love you."
    "Me too"
    (pregnant pause)
    "Oh yeah, Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Not exactly."
    "What do you mean?"
    "HUH?"
    "...and the cost?"

You omitted the part where she tells you no sex for the foreseable future. :mrgreen:

HAHA - nah - actually the sex is exactly how I WILL get her to agree to my road trip....;)
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Poncier wrote:
    bonowall wrote:
    Kat

HAHAHA -

"umm Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Hey...I love you."
    "Me too"
    (pregnant pause)
    "Oh yeah, Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Not exactly."
    "What do you mean?"
    "HUH?"
    "...and the cost?"

I'm waiting for the part where she initiates divorce proceedings.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Thank you Kat !
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    edited July 2009
    Poncier wrote:
    bonowall wrote:
    HAHAHA -

"umm Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Hey...I love you."
    "Me too"
    (pregnant pause)
    "Oh yeah, Honey?"
    "Yeah?"
    "Not exactly."
    "What do you mean?"
    "HUH?"
    "...and the cost?"

I'm waiting for the part where she initiates divorce proceedings.
    She has to make him suffer for a while first, "earn' the trip by doing lots of extra household chores, helping her plan her girlfriend's surprise baby shower, spend his fall Sundays shopping with her for clothes and appliances rather than watching the NFL, all while getting no lovin', then upon return from SD, he finds an empty house with a process server waiting on the stoop with divorce papers while she runs off to Hawai'i for a fling with Boom. :mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    thanks Kat, now on to other things.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • not to burst anyone's bubble but this could be just like bar adverts: FREE BEER TOMORROW!

you go in and they say, 'Oh that's tomorrow.'

and on & on.

she's sneaky that way.
    WOOT!
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Thanks for the update Kat! :D

I only wish you'd tell us what time tickets will be on sale tomorrow. ;)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
    I'm waiting for the part where she initiates divorce proceedings.[/quote]
    She has to make him suffer for a while first, "earn' the trip by doing lots of extra household chores, helping her plan her girlfriend's surprise baby shower, spend his fall Sundays shopping with her for clothes and appliances rather than watching the NFL, all while getting no lovin', then upon return from SD, he finds an empty house with a process server waiting on the stoop with divorce papers while she runs off to Hawai'i for a fling with Boom. :mrgreen:[/quote]

Wow - I was with you on the first part thinking you know too much. She won't leave with Boom, she doesn't like beards! I have been working on that "housework" now - setting myself up. While I'm doing it I'm listening to every bootleg i have and periodically letting her know tidbits:

"ohh, this song was so amazing - just listen to the crowd. We were sooo into the show. Wait, right here is the where Mike takes the guitar and flips it behind his head during the solo. We all lost it"

"mmm, hmmm - great."

"Man, i miss them. I heard that they are coming around this way soon..."

"cool."

"When they come around, you should see them with me - you'll love it, trust me."

"Sure."

"Oh wow, THIS song is so amazing" (I point to my tattoo) "It's called Green Disease and the Riot Act tour was so memorable that I got a tattoo to remind myself about it. Crazy, I know" (thinks of Crazy Mary in weird word association mindset).

"You got that because of the concert?"

"No - I got that because of the memories and the meaning. It's Ok if you don't understand. Love you"

HAHAHAHA
    (I am just in story mode - sorry, I'll stop)
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
    DISCLOSURE STATEMENT (HAHA)
    All joking aside, my better half has not been to a PJ concert but has had the distinct honor of sitting front row center with me during the Santa Cruz EV show and she was blown away. I can't wait to see her reaction to a full-on PJ show.

She is definitely not the PJ I am (or most of us are) but she appreciates and understands JUST how important this band, this community, and this "world" is to me and that's all that matters.

I aspire to actually write someday so I tend to play out scenes in my head (just don't want to paint the wrong picture. ;)

Cheers
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:

Web Site:

Proud Volunteer of:
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    very nice to let working people know! :D

ill probably sit around wasting all day here anyway... rainy out
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • timctimc Posts: 664
    thanks,
    Awesome anything to distract me, been on deployment for five and a half months... miss the family...
    Hope Hawaii is on there it will make up for missing Eddie's shows...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    Thanks for the heads up will be here tomorrow .. :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    Thanks Kat!!

You guys are all cracking me up! My hubby got hooked on PJ when I took him to his first show in '98. Now I couldn't go without him if I wanted to. Good for me & him but too bad for friends who used to enjoy my 2nd ticket for a low 10C # seat.

The anxiety and anticipation is building!!!!

Peace,
    KJ
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    I can't believe this thread has 10 fucking pages of people saying 'thanks Kat'....
    Even more unbelievable is that I got to page 4 before realizing how stupid it was to continue reading the thread. :oops:
  • thanks kat
    a wise man investigates what a fool passes by

4/26/03 - pittsburgh
    4/28/03 - philly
    7/05/03 - camden
    7/12/03 - hershey
    5/28/06 - camden
    5/20/10 - msg
    5/21/10 - msg
    6/25/11 - upper darby - EV
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I can't believe this thread has 10 fucking pages of people saying 'thanks Kat'....
    Even more unbelievable is that I got to page 4 before realizing how stupid it was to continue reading the thread. :oops:
    I wasn't really thanking her... this should have been announced when the other shows were...
    so annoyed :evil:
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited July 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    pjtaper wrote:
    I wasn't really thanking her... this should have been announced when the other shows were...
    I didn't thank her...I complained!!! :lol::lol:
    ah, ok....I was worried...as long as people are complaining, the pit has not completely entered the tweetlight zone :roll: :geek:
  • bonowall wrote:
    what's up guys (and Gals)?
    Bring Me A RoadTrip:
    SF Dates
    SB Dates
    LA Dates
    SD Dates
    I'm breaking into a chorus of 'Beautiful Dreamer' for you! :lol: How do you get all "that" from "Cheesesteaks and Vegemite" :?:
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    pjtaper wrote:
    hmm? another fan that has the disposable income and lack of patience to travel across the country to see the band and then complains when they announce shows in your hometown?

this is how they do things... whether its a business move or theyre legitimately working their hardest to announce these shows as theyre finalized i dont know... either weight the pros and cons and cut your losses or dont jump the gun next time around...
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    Kat, hard time catching that birdy?

Thanks for the info....

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Thanks for the heads up will be here tomorrow .. :mrgreen:
    for sure...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    all together now...thank u kat...for let birdy live another day..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    sgossard3 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    hmm? another fan that has the disposable income and lack of patience to travel across the country to see the band and then complains when they announce shows in your hometown?

this is how they do things... whether its a business move or theyre legitimately working their hardest to announce these shows as theyre finalized i dont know... either weight the pros and cons and cut your losses or dont jump the gun next time around...
    do we know each other? sorry, chicago isn't my home town, I am from Milwaukee, but I live in Denver.
    How bout a Red Rocks show?
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    tweetlight zone
    that should not have made me laugh out loud....but it did. :lol:
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    yeah, thanks alot Kat...........

GODFORBID WE HERE SOMET FROM THIS CLUB THAN ANYWHERE ELSE!
This discussion has been closed.