Options

Texas not looking likely.............

Pushin Forward BackPushin Forward Back Posts: 890
edited July 2009 in The Porch
not giving up sources but the only way they would happen is if the #1 Entertainment Company in the world is not producing them-

take it for whats its worth- :(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    there are ways around live nation... i wouldnt give up hope yet
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    hasn't Pearl Jam used live nation in the past?
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,021

as in Ft. Worth/Dallas ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,393
    not giving up sources but the only way they would happen is if the #1 Entertainment Company in the world is not producing them-

we'll see. a friend of mine called the Toyota Center (Houston) to ask about tickets. She said they were "really vague & couldn't give out any info". so, who knows?? it would make sense to add a couple of shows around ACL since they haven't been here in ages. at the very least, we got ACL and that makes me beyond happy. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,021
    mfc2006 wrote:

we'll see. a friend of mine called the Toyota Center (Houston) to ask about tickets. She said they were "really vague & couldn't give out any info". so, who knows?? it would make sense to add a couple of shows around ACL since they haven't been here in ages. at the very least, we got ACL and that makes me beyond happy. 8-)
    exactly. I know it's just one show, but if ACL is anything like Roo last year, Texans should have nothing to complain about. Have fun at the show!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    SolarWorld wrote:

their core relationship is with Live Nation, that doensn't mean another company (AEG) can't come in and outbid them but it makes little sense for PJ Management
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    mfc2006 wrote:

exactly.
    and for whatever reason...the birdy saddling up makes me think texas! also makes me think seattle, more so for a play on sounds/words. saddle up, seattle.......
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    mfc2006 wrote:

exactly.
    and for whatever reason...the birdy saddling up makes me think texas! also makes me think seattle, more so for a play on sounds/words. saddle up, seattle.......
    If it hadn't already been announced, the 'saddle up' really makes me think of Calgary, due to the Stampede.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722

What's the deal?

I know PJ has been interlocked with Live Nation since it was Clear Channel, and before that... Their management know the old promoters that became Live Nation, so unless it's a territory that LN didn't handle for them, they'll probably stick with LN.

Are you on the inside of LN, and that they have no plans for Texas on their intinerary?
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

exactly.
    If it hadn't already been announced, the 'saddle up' really makes me think of Calgary, due to the Stampede.

well as a dumb ole american ;), 'saddle up' makes me think of old westerns, and sure, texas! :D
    i honestly never thought *anything* of calgary, outside the olympics, until seeing pearl jam there in 2005. :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    To me "saddle up" = "western".
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    benjs wrote:
    [quot="mfc2006"]

we'll see. a friend of mine called the Toyota Center (Houston) to ask about tickets. She said they were "really vague & couldn't give out any info". so, who knows?? it would make sense to add a couple of shows around ACL since they haven't been here in ages. at the very least, we got ACL and that makes me beyond happy. 8-)[/quot]

exactly.

well as a dumb ole american ;), 'saddle up' makes me think of old westerns, and sure, texas! :D
    i honestly never thought *anything* of calgary, outside the olympics, until seeing pearl jam there in 2005. :P
    Well, as a dumb ol' Canuck, all I thought of was Calgary. Cultural differences :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    Well, as a dumb ol' Canuck, all I thought of was Calgary. Cultural differences :lol:

absolutely!
    that's why i said it.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    also makes me think seattle, more so for a play on sounds/words. saddle up, seattle.......
    man, is that a stretch! :lol:

i definitely think texas... couldnt see them playing any other SW cowboy cities (pheonix, albuquerque, salt lake, OK city) without something in dallas or houston... red rock and vegas dont really fit the "saddle up" thing despite being down that direction... so yah, im still thinking TX is very likely

• Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    SolarWorld wrote:

their core relationship is with Live Nation, that doensn't mean another company (AEG) can't come in and outbid them but it makes little sense for PJ Management

I see, I misunderstood the first two posts.
  • Options
    PJTEXASPJTEXAS Texas Posts: 222
    edited July 2009
    I guess we'll find out soon enough but I am keeping my fingers crossed for more Texas dates. Two nights in Houston would be cool. Or Hell, come down to South Texas like here in Corpus Christi. We have the venues now and it would draw tons of fans from the valley area. That would be sweet, Pearl Jam in my home town.

But just in case, I'm at ACL for sure!!!!!
    "Love ain't love until you give it up." - Amongst The Waves
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    also makes me think seattle, more so for a play on sounds/words. saddle up, seattle.......
    man, is that a stretch! :lol:

i definitely think texas... couldnt see them playing any other SW cowboy cities (pheonix, albuquerque, salt lake, OK city) without something in dallas or houston... red rock and vegas dont really fit the "saddle up" thing despite being down that direction... so yah, im still thinking TX is very likely

oh i know.
    i personally have no vested interest in them playing seattle, tho i do think they are overdue....was just giving a small, scary peek into how my my mind works at times, especially for word-play. ;) however, yea....'saddle up' definitely makes me think of cowboys and areas for cowboys. (and yes i know calgary has cowboys bigtime....but thinking USA) really tho, who knows? it could easily just be a blanket word to signify shows in the west. i mean cmon, that tweet was quite the bizarrely twisted words to stretch in hints for all the areas, no? :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

What's the deal?

I know PJ has been interlocked with Live Nation since it was Clear Channel, and before that... Their management know the old promoters that became Live Nation, so unless it's a territory that LN didn't handle for them, they'll probably stick with LN.

Are you on the inside of LN, and that they have no plans for Texas on their intinerary?

No I do not work for Live Nation, I used to work for the former company Clear Channel Entertainment and still have a lot of contacts there. My contact would only have information regarding Texas and the SW region of the US.. Granted he could be playing his "company man" card and not telling me the truth but this would be the first time.
  • Options
    CJMST3K wrote:

What's the deal?

No I do not work for Live Nation, I used to work for the former company Clear Channel Entertainment and still have a lot of contacts there. My contact would only have information regarding Texas and the SW region of the US.. Granted he could be playing his "company man" card and not telling me the truth but this would be the first time.

I used to work for Delsener/Slater as well as their competition Metropolitan. :) ...now, all under LN. Where did you work, and in what capacity?
  • Options
    HAPHESHAPHES Posts: 19
    10/4/09 Austin City Limits
  • Options
    HAPHES wrote:
    10/4/09 Austin City Limits
    whats all this then?? :o

:lol:

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I called the superpages.com center in Dallas today and asked when the PJ tickets go on sale. The person told me that the show has not been confirmed yet and to try back next week. Then she asked where I got the information so I fibbed and said the band's web site :twisted: I tried to get an estimated date out of her, but she just said she didn't know what locations the band was playing yet

Also called the Woodlands near Houston and the person immediately asked if I had checked the band's web site. When I told her it had no information, she said she had no information either.

To me, sounds like they may have some dates held, but nothing has been confirmed yet

Daniel
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    DS114969 wrote:
    I called the superpages.com center in Dallas today and asked when the PJ tickets go on sale. The person told me that the show has not been confirmed yet and to try back next week. Then she asked where I got the information so I fibbed and said the band's web site :twisted: I tried to get an estimated date out of her, but she just said she didn't know what locations the band was playing yet

Also called the Woodlands near Houston and the person immediately asked if I had checked the band's web site. When I told her it had no information, she said she had no information either.

To me, sounds like they may have some dates held, but nothing has been confirmed yet

Daniel
    good work!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    BeerBaron wrote:
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel
    good work!
    +1 :D (with fingers crossed)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Come on Texas dates! ACL will rock, but more dates would be awesome!
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    I am going to need new underwear if I see an announcement for Dallas AND Houston! I hope hope hope this is true!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    DS114969 wrote:

Daniel

If true, Daniel gets a beer from me.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    SolarWorld wrote:

Yes, just last year as a matter of fact.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,627
    I still can't see them coming to TX just for ACL. Saddle up made me think right away of the poster from 2000. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    I WANT TO SEE PEARL JAM IN DALLAS BITCHES :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!