Options

Please don't just pop the tickets up there

jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
edited July 2009 in The Porch
right away as me and many others will be at work. I hope u give some sort of notice when they will actually be on sale here. The tweet dosen't give an exact time and i want a fair chance at 10c tickets for the Spectrum gig's.
Go Birds!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i would love it if they actually went on sale like a week after and not a day ..
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    right away as me and many others will be at work. I hope u give some sort of notice when they will actually be on sale here. The tweet dosen't give an exact time and i want a fair chance at 10c tickets for the Spectrum gig's.

+1

I'll be at work too all week. I hope I don't miss out on tickets. :(
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    I dig the excitment. Pop them up there anytime 10C!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,021
    if they just pop up there, every one will have a much better shot of getting them- if there is a particular time slot for each show then the board will crash and then comes the bitching. Well, I guess there will be bitching regardless
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    i would love it if they actually went on sale like a week after and not a day ..

Yeah, the schtick is getting tiresome. It gets old scrambling to see if I can make travel reservations, get time off of work, get a hotel, and then getting tix. Not everyone on here is a jobless kid (or adult ;)) with nothing else to do. Make the announcement and give people a chance to get their shit together.
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,190
    Ok wrote:
    I dig the excitment. Pop them up there anytime 10C!!
    +1
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    asher7asher7 Posts: 85
    I can't believe some people complain about the 10C system, you realise the alternative is a seetix/gigsandtours/ticketmaster free for all pre-sale right?

you have a better chance of getting tickets anyway if they go on sale immediately rather than setting a date+time.

:roll:
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410

Yeah , i could dig that .....
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,007
    asher7 wrote:
    you have a better chance of getting tickets anyway if they go on sale immediately rather than setting a date+time.

:roll:

This isn't true for some people though. If they can't monitor this board for whatever reasons and tickets go on sale, they are out of luck. If it is announced that they will go on sale on a specific day, at least they will have a shot.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    No matter what, 10c is in a lose/lose situation. People will cry they went on sale as soon as they were announced. People will cry that they were announced a head of time and the site crashed. They will cry that the 10c does not call each member peronally to announce the sale time. The email announcement is too slow. The email did not get to them. They can't get off work. They can't get out of school. They have a prior engagement. They will cry that tickets are not hand delivered to them by a band member.

Really, I just hope 10c does what they feel is best. I do hope they announce all the US 2009 dates at once though.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323
    No matter what, 10c is in a lose/lose situation. People will cry they went on sale as soon as they were announced. People will cry that they were announced a head of time and the site crashed. They will cry that the 10c does not call each member peronally to announce the sale time. The email announcement is too slow. The email did not get to them. They can't get off work. They can't get out of school. They have a prior engagement. They will cry that tickets are not hand delivered to them by a band member.

Really, I just hope 10c does what they feel is best. I do hope they announce all the US 2009 dates at once though.

Amen
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    [/quote]
    Make the announcement and give people a chance to get their shit together.[/quote]

agree. i dont care if they announce WHEN the tickets go on sale. i would just like to have time to decide which show im goning to scramble for when the do go on sale. announce the tour dates, give us time to decide where we can travel to , then throw throw the tickets up there anytime you want.
    that at least lets me look at a calendar and travel times and distance and crap like that. oh yeah, it lets me look at my bank account too !

whatever, with that being said, i am happy with all the 10C does for us. i would just like more than a split second to decide where i'll be driving 100's of miles to so i can see my favorite band.

good luck everyone.

thanks 10C
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965

Dead-on. My preference, as I've stated before, is to go the route they did for EV's tour this time around, with a window of time during which people can 'pre-buy' their tickets, and then their cards will be charged once they do the lottery on their end. I really think that was one of the most fair methods they've had. It'll be interesting to see whether they do this differently than the Chicago or Toronto shows.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

As I seem to say to most of your posts - well said and I agree 100%.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    benjs wrote:
    Dead-on. My preference, as I've stated before, is to go the route they did for EV's tour this time around, with a window of time during which people can 'pre-buy' their tickets, and then their cards will be charged once they do the lottery on their end. I really think that was one of the most fair methods they've had. It'll be interesting to see whether they do this differently than the Chicago or Toronto shows.

ya know, i completely agree. that was such a non stressful way to try for tix, and sure....it's all luck of the draw. quite honestly, trying for tix is always luck of the draw, do you get shut out, does the site crash, do you get booted off, etc, etc. tho i would definitely want the opportunity to try for more than one show, even if overall there was a one show limit. tho who knows, it all could be a logistical nightmare for 10c. perhaps that is why they've embraced this immediate sale culture, tho that has it's own issues as well. i far prefer some notice, time to decide my paln of action, know all the dates coming up, etc. i also really liked the seating lottery for 4 rows, that was a nice chance for all.

bottomline, 10c's gonna do what 10c's gonna do....and i am happy to at least have a shot at tix. i am here often enough during my workday, but you bet...it would suck if it all went down while i was commuting home, or at lunch, etc, etc.....thus why i like a wee bit of notice. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    anybody know how i can edit or create my signature?
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,879
    mach271 wrote:
    yes
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    quelquefoisquelquefois Posts: 208
    mach271 wrote:
    yes
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    benjs wrote:
    In my opinion that is a TERRIBLE idea. We aren't dealing with 2,000 seat venues and 10C allocations of around 150 pairs of tickets. There's no need for a lottery. For the Ed shows, it was a great idea, as it was for the Borgata shows in 2005.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,965
    BeerBaron wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    In my opinion that is a TERRIBLE idea. We aren't dealing with 2,000 seat venues and 10C allocations of around 150 pairs of tickets. There's no need for a lottery. For the Ed shows, it was a great idea, as it was for the Borgata shows in 2005.
    The only difference is the size of the venues, but I'm having trouble figuring out why it's such a bad idea with a larger venue - after all, wouldn't this just mean that less people would theoretically be shut out in comparison to the EV tour?
    Unless I'm missing some obvious fact here, that is.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,843
    BeerBaron wrote:
    benjs wrote:

+1. they're not going to be playing a club. there's no need for a lottery.

although that'd be pretty fucking awesome if they played a club.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    I remember when PJ played the Astoria. I literally checked the site (albeit not the forum) every day for six weeks for UK dates. The one day I couldn't get to the site, tickets had been and gone which I was gutted about. When 10c put the Wembley 07 dates on sale, the system kept crashing at all the time and only a post from the legend that is GREGMAC666 gave us all a link to get through to eventually buy them. When they announced the 02 gig though, I checked the site on the off chance and the tickets were there straight away, which was awesome as I didn't even know a tour was planned. For the big venues with general admission, I think putting the tickets up to 10c members straight away is ok but the the smaller/seated venues, many people will miss out which is a real shame.

However it works, you can't satisfy everyone but 10c do their best to accomadate everyone. At least we get that opportunity, many bands don't even do that.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    BeerBaron wrote:

As I seem to say to most of your posts - well said and I agree 100%.

+1
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,627
    benjs wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    The only difference is the size of the venues, but I'm having trouble figuring out why it's such a bad idea with a larger venue - after all, wouldn't this just mean that less people would theoretically be shut out in comparison to the EV tour?
    Unless I'm missing some obvious fact here, that is.

10C will not be using the eV-specific ticket lottery system for PJ tickets, there's absolutely zero chance of that happening for future PJ shows (see the Toronto and Chicago presale),...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,361
    100 Pacer wrote:
    10C will not be using the eV-specific ticket lottery system for PJ tickets, there's absolutely zero chance of that happening for future PJ shows (see the Toronto and Chicago presale),...

Good to know!
  • Options

Yeah, the schtick is getting tiresome. It gets old scrambling to see if I can make travel reservations, get time off of work, get a hotel, and then getting tix. Not everyone on here is a jobless kid (or adult ;)) with nothing else to do. Make the announcement and give people a chance to get their shit together.
    That last-minute scramble is NO FUN. :(
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,222
    Wait, people sit in the goods section and just refresh for days on end? Who has that kind of time?! Jesus, announce when you put them up, that should be the ONLY way to do it.

People are advocating just throwing them up there?! Please, get a job, or actually do the one you're being paid to do.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    mrs.smileymrs.smiley Posts: 422

+1
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    mrs.smileymrs.smiley Posts: 422
    benjs wrote:

The drawback to this method is it was still a lottery. Many of us "ordered" immediately only to be shut-out. At least you knew you were shut-out before tix went up to gen. public!
    '98-Camden 8/29
    '03-Philly Spectrum 4/28, Camden 7/5, Hershey 7/12
    '06-Camden 5/28
    '08-Camden 6/20
    '09-Closing Down the Philly Spectrum! 10/28, 10/30, & the Epic 10/31
    '09-EV Solo Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA6/12
    '10-MSG1& MSG2, New York City, 5-20 & 5/21
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    LukinFan wrote:
    if they just pop up there, every one will have a much better shot of getting them- if there is a particular time slot for each show then the board will crash and then comes the bitching. Well, I guess there will be bitching regardless
    100% correct
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”