Options

Anybody Seen This Poster Before?

gunner1gunner1 Posts: 10
edited November 2008 in The Porch
Hey All
What do you guys make of this one? I was doing my usual sweep to come up with some rarities and saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Rare-Poster-Ames-Vote-For-Change-Vedder-Mint_W0QQitemZ260318838414QQihZ016QQcategoryZ104990QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Thoughts?
Cheers!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    what is this guy fucking high??

200 beans for a print of a newspaper clipping/front page!!

gunner1 wrote:
    Hey All
    What do you guys make of this one? I was doing my usual sweep to come up with some rarities and saw this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pearl-Jam-Rare-Poster-Ames-Vote-For-Change-Vedder-Mint_W0QQitemZ260318838414QQihZ016QQcategoryZ104990QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Thoughts?
    Cheers!

gee.........first post huh? hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Anyone paying more than $2.00 should have their head examined. IMO.

EDIT: $8.00 SHIPPING?!?!?!?!? What a scam!
  • Options
    burnsburns Posts: 109
    a poster ?? - this is just a paper of a newspaper.
    he call it a poster to make some $$
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    Wilds wrote:
    EDIT: $8.00 SHIPPING?!?!?!?!? What a scam!
    Shipping is average for most posters. Hey, some dealers charge $7.50-18.00.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    weak
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Shipping is average for most posters. Hey, some dealers charge $7.50-18.00.

My point was more that this thing is worthless, so my $2.00 suggestion, now coming out to $10.00 with shipping is a SCAM.

That is what I meant. Not that $8.00 shipping in and of itself is high.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    so its an editor's proof of an article that never ran

whoop de do!

I wouldnt pay a dime for that. Where is the artwork?

But hey I cant blame a guy for trying.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,319
    Wilds wrote:
    My point was more that this thing is worthless, so my $2.00 suggestion, now coming out to $10.00 with shipping is a SCAM.

That is what I meant. Not that $8.00 shipping in and of itself is high.
    Ahh. I gotcha. My bad, sorry :(
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I've actually never seen that poster...

Personally, I wouldn't bud on it, but for the sheer fact that I know nothing about it...
  • Options
    what is this guy fucking high??

200 beans for a print of a newspaper clipping/front page!!

gee.........first post huh? hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Nice catch there CB...some asshole trying to promote his bullshit/fake merch...
  • Options
    LaddieLaddie Posts: 301
    looks like he's adding more creases by laying it on overstuffed duvet and weighing it down with staplers and picture frames. i was going to bid on it until i saw that.
  • Options
    Nice catch there CB...some asshole trying to promote his bullshit/fake merch...

Hey RedMosquito02...ya jackass....did you see my join date? April 2006? What, do you think that because this is my "first post" that means that I joined the board two and a half years ago just so I would pick the perfect time to "spring my trap"?!?!?

Just because someone doesn't post here every single day about what color toilet paper Eddie Vedder uses on Tuesdays DOESN'T mean they are not a fan. I browse the board often to see what's up - just haven't posted.

Think what you will. I just saw this and didn't know if it was actually something cool or not. If it offends "real fans" like you RedMosquito02 SOOOOO much, I'll take it down. Just don't have the nerve to call me a poser - um'k?

Now go back to your Google search of what brand of underwear Mike McCready wears on odd days little RedMosquito02.

Cheers to the rest of you.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Calvin Klein?;):)
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    gunner1 wrote:
    Hey RedMosquito02...ya jackass....did you see my join date? April 2006? What, do you think that because this is my "first post" that means that I joined the board two and a half years ago just so I would pick the perfect time to "spring my trap"?!?!?

Just because someone doesn't post here every single day about what color toilet paper Eddie Vedder uses on Tuesdays DOESN'T mean they are not a fan. I browse the board often to see what's up - just haven't posted.

Think what you will. I just saw this and didn't know if it was actually something cool or not. If it offends "real fans" like you RedMosquito02 SOOOOO much, I'll take it down. Just don't have the nerve to call me a poser - um'k?

Now go back to your Google search of what brand of underwear Mike McCready wears on odd days little RedMosquito02.

My eyebrows got singed from the intensity of that burn.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    gunner1 wrote:

wow. yikes...
  • Options
    nice third post,tee hee:)
  • Options
    gunner1 wrote:

if you don't know what toilet paper Ed uses on Tuesdays and What kind of skivvies Mike wears...then you're not a real fan and you don't belong here Mr.Lye-in-the-weeds-waiting-to-spring-a-trap!!

I got my eye on you! ;):D

don't mind Red...we are vicious around here when it comes to flippers and eBay con-whores!
  • Options
    gunner1 wrote:

Ohhhhhh snap, Gunner!!!! You got me there man.

I knew google was collecting my info, but distributing it to guys named Gunner?!?

I've got beef with Google.
  • Options
    if you don't know what toilet paper Ed uses on Tuesdays and What kind of skivvies Mike wears...then you're not a real fan and you don't belong here Mr.Lye-in-the-weeds-waiting-to-spring-a-trap!!

I got my eye on you! ;):D

don't mind Red...we are vicious around here when it comes to flippers and eBay con-whores!

Thanks CB, jeez someone had a good day, huh?

I thougt it was a good observation. Oh well : )

I'm glad he's bringing such good energy to the board! Thinks very highly of us too...
  • Options
    Thanks CB, jeez someone had a good day, huh?

I thougt it was a good observation. Oh well : )

I'm glad he's bringing such good energy to the board! Thinks very highly of us too...

Hmmmm.....you're talking about ME bringing good energy to the board? How about calling me an asshole when all I did was put up a simple post? Check your own "energy" there buddy....

And actually, yeah, I DO think highly of the folks here - CB seems like a cool dude and I can apreciate wanting to keep people trying to flip a buck out of here. But as with most good message boards, there are a few TRUE ASSHOLES who like to act like they run the show and throw darts at other people for no reason.

Here's a good example as to why I haven't posted before. I'm now in the middle of a mud slinging match with some guy sitting in his basement in Fargo at his keyboard who has a "pit" complex.

I'm out....not going to even look at this post anymore. You're not worth my time little ol' RedMosquito02. Have fun with your future Google endeavours.

• Options
    gunner1 wrote:
    I'm now in the middle of a mud slinging match with some guy sitting in his basement in Fargo at his keyboard who has a "pit" complex.

He's from Portland, Maine! :)