Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    How long does he play for usually?
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    Ms. Haiku said:
    2 hours about.  I've seen him do less which was disappointing.  But last show on the tour,  at home,  I think you get a great one. 
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    mrussel1 said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    2 hours about.  I've seen him do less which was disappointing.  But last show on the tour,  at home,  I think you get a great one. 
    Should be great tonight wish I was there.

#FHP
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Sweet Hatch Show Print for tonight!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:
     Kim

Sweet Hatch Show Print for tonight!!
    I hope to get this one.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Really enjoyed the show in Moncton. Nice venue too.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Nashville show was incredible. Love the 'No Phone' policy. Made sure I got there plenty early to pick up both posters. Made the that mistake last time he played Bridgestone and overpaid for one resell.
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Nashville show was incredible. Love the 'No Phone' policy. Made sure I got there plenty early to pick up both posters. Made the that mistake last time he played Bridgestone and overpaid for one resell.
    I love how setlist.fm says Canon, as if it's just the 2 minute song.  When I bet he played some crazy blues song for 6 minutes in between a Canon open and close.   
    Awesome you got Black Math,  Button and Ball too. I always miss those.  I did get Carolina Drama and Steady back to back though!  I'm ready for a full Rac tour.
  • Options
    Button was EPIC! Great show, energy was off the charts.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    mcgruff10 said:
    I really need to see him live for the first time. 
    contender for best show I've ever seen. this coming from the guy that doesn't like or even hates a lot of his solo stuff. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    Anyone have an extra copy of this Jack White poster by Matt Ryan Tobin? Didn't see any sell here in Halifax. Any help would be great. Thanks! 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,828
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:
    Last night's Halifax show was pretty good. :) 

I dig it.  Good for Jack for going up to NS.  This has been quite a tour.  Who is the artist?  Methane Studios has been doing a bunch of shows for him, but that doesn't really look like a Methane.  
    It's by Oliva Jean. 

https://instagram.com/oliviajeanmusic?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=chc8v4gbhwj9
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    contender for best show I've ever seen. this coming from the guy that doesn't like or even hates a lot of his solo stuff. 
    Which show?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Ms. Haiku said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Which show?
    Winnipeg. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same here. Not the most recent one, but back in I think 2015 or 2016 - definitely one of the best ever. The one I saw recently would have been really good, but it undersold and the crowd sucked, so that really spoiled the whole thing for me, and, apparently, for Jack White.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same here. Not the most recent one, but back in I think 2015 or 2016 - definitely one of the best ever. The one I saw recently would have been really good, but it undersold and the crowd sucked, so that really spoiled the whole thing for me, and, apparently, for Jack White.
    Was that the Vancouver show that was right around the PJ Seattle ones?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes. Just too many empty seats in a too-big venue, and too many casual fans who just wanted White Stripes songs I think. He should have moved the stage up to the centre of the arena and played half the arena instead of trying to sell out the full concert set up.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,877
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yes. Just too many empty seats in a too-big venue, and too many casual fans who just wanted White Stripes songs I think. He should have moved the stage up to the centre of the arena and played half the arena instead of trying to sell out the full concert set up.
    it is crazy that jack can't sell out an arena.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I think that it is Nashville, and it's two days before Thanksgiving. Also, I think it was a make-up-ish kind of show from an earlier  festival.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I looked forward to Margo Price's set, but the audience only showed enthusiasm if she swore as if swearing is a trend. It reminded me of Seattle concerts which are disappointing in that way. Jack busted the drummer's drums in the first song, and I almost left, but I rely on leaving within crowds for safety so I stuck with it. I liked lazaretto and sixteen saltines. Jack was very energetic, but it felt like the tone was a beat off. Something was off kilter a little or maybe I don't know the music well enough.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I looked forward to Margo Price's set, but the audience only showed enthusiasm if she swore as if swearing is a trend. It reminded me of Seattle concerts which are disappointing in that way. Jack busted the drummer's drums in the first song, and I almost left, but I rely on leaving within crowds for safety so I stuck with it. I liked lazaretto and sixteen candles. Jack was very energetic, but it felt like the tone was a beat off. Something was off kilter a little or maybe I don't know the music well enough.
    Why did the broken drum make you want to leave?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I was surprised. Why would he do that? It was in the beginning after the Seattle Stare in front of Margo Price so I was in a bad mood.  I didn't leave so I'm all talk. 
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Show was amazing! He messed with Carla (the drummer) the whole show. She even hit the neck of his guitar once lol.... loved the interaction between the two. You could tell the crowd was more amped up for  White Stripe stuff, but I thought Jack's energy never waivered. He was playing every song like it was his last.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I agree. Although I think he can in some places. Not in Vancouver, obviously! Now I'm worried he just won't come back. He can be a little bit pissy about stuff like this. But when he played an appropriate sized venue (outdoor), it was one of the greatest shows ever, and the crowd was incredible.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I agree. Although I think he can in some places. Not in Vancouver, obviously! Now I'm worried he just won't come back. He can be a little bit pissy about stuff like this. But when he played an appropriate sized venue (outdoor), it was one of the greatest shows ever, and the crowd was incredible.
    Omnegang had 20,000 I guess and was way out n the middle of no where.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Omnegang had 20,000 I guess and was way out n the middle of no where.
    What is Omnegang?
    But yeah, in some places he can draw a bigger crowd. I think he managed to sell well in some of the cities where he booked arenas on this tour... definitely not all of them though. I dunno, I think he may be a little too niche for this day and age, for big shows (outside of festivals). As the White Stripes days get further and further behind him, he's going to have to pull something pretty major out of his ass to get the crowds back, IMO. An actual smash hit song or three... basically to do what Seven Nation Army did for him.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Ommegang is a brewery in Cooperstown, NY. Great show in the soaking rain.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Just in time for Christmas...  
    Anyone know the shipping order?
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    edited December 2018
    mrussel1 said:
    Just in time for Christmas...  
    Anyone know the shipping order?
    Z-A by last name, international and then US.