edited April 2016
    Who I Am said:

The taint calling the butthole "dirty"

Haha, well played.
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    edited May 2016
    As someone who traveled from the Pittsburgh area (Johnstown to be specific), I have to agree with this post.

One thing that stuck out to me last night was that Ed didn't really spend a whole lot of time kissing the audience's ass like I'm used to seeing. I thought that was weird at first but then I realized that he doesn't have to, he expects that type of crowd in Philly and doesn't need to constantly re-assure them that they are awesome. It really feels like they are playing to their home town.

Philly was so much fun, what an awesome city. This was my 5th time in the city but the first that I've ever really got to explore. We did a mini cheesesteak tour, Pat's Thursday, Geno's Friday and Jim's today, easily the best 3 cheesesteaks I've ever had. Gun to my head I'd probably choose Pat's as my favorite, but I want to try more in the future. People were all really awesome, not sure why Philly gets such a bad rap.

Also I love that even in a city as huge as Philly, no matter where you go you see tons of PJ fans. We really know how to overtake a city.
    Post edited by RiotZact on
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    joe2468 said:

LETS GO METS....EFF THE PHILLYs.............LETS GO METS GO...the only thing you guys going is the cheese steaks....other then that your all bums :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and i will be rocking my 1986 strawberry uniform at the show

If you are going to make a statement like that, at least use proper grammar
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options

Hope I don't step on any needles on the way to the venue.

needles in the spectrum parking lot? :?

dude, you must be thinking of camden

Yep, needles all over the parking lot in Philly

• Options

DR J PLAYED HERE, LET'S SING IN THE CHOIR!!!

13094127_10154793987554377_8722558860557291511_n.jpg?oh=77f401ff8324f74fdffcc833675e33b3&oe=57B9513A

MMR put PJ on the map in the tri-state area anyone who says different either doesn't know the history or may be a tad bit jealous they have never been to a show in Philly. Guaranteed they would all agree that in the States, Philly and MSG are their top places to play.

• Options

monday's tweet will announce a week long stint at the wells fargo center in june.

welcome home.

:mrgreen:

Wouldn't that be awesome!

• Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748

I just got off the phone with Stone. The band voted 3 to 2 in favor of hating Philly.. sorry to ruin your party. :P

haha...Boom's vote is in....now its 3 to 2 3/5
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    I saw Boom in the airport after the Seattle show in '13. When I said I'm from Philly he goes, "I love all these places, but you guys are some crazy motherfuckers in that city!"

I never felt so proud.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options

I saw Boom in the airport after the Seattle show in '13. When I said I'm from Philly he goes, "I love all these places, but you guys are some crazy motherfuckers in that city!"

I never felt so proud.

Philly fans are pretty passionate

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

I never felt so proud.

As are fans of all the other cities:)
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272
    jmug23 said:

I never felt so proud.

Not as passionate as Philadelphia fans.

This is a fact.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

I never felt so proud.

maybe so but this thread is about Philly fans!

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

jmug23 said:

I never felt so proud.

This is a fact.
    Yeah, pretty sure i don't agree.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,073
    I've been to six of the 10 sold out shows in Philadelphia. Now that they seem to only play the arena as opposed to Camden, it's on my priority list.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

jmug23 said:

I never felt so proud.

This is a fact.
    Yeah, pretty sure i don't agree.
    I'm sorry you're so wrong on this issue.

You just can't argue with science.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294

Dr. J learned to play @ UMASS before he was a 76er and U can bet your ass you'll see plenty of us from Mass up in Philly!!

Dr J won his 1st championship here on Long Island ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Bump
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DR J PLAYED HERE
    13094127_10154793987554377_8722558860557291511_n.jpg?oh=77f401ff8324f74fdffcc833675e33b3&oe=57B9513A
    So did Shawn Bradley
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    edited October 2020
    From someone who has sold posters since the beginning of time, I have learned a lot about the fan base. What you are all saying is a fact. I was in Seattle, and the Fans on the East coast - US and Canada - Are 100 times more passionate about this band.
    God bless Philly, NJ, NY, Ontario, Toronto, Chicago, Boston, etc. That is who has the passion for this band. It is 100% legit. I respect and love the east coast folks. 
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    densan said:
    From someone who has sold posters since the beginning of time, I have learned a lot about the fan base. What you are all saying is a fact. I was in Seattle, and the Fans on the East coast - US and Canada - Are 100 times more passionate about this band.
    God bless Philly, NJ, NY, Ontario, Toronto, Chicago, Boston, etc. That is who has the passion for this band. It is 100% legit. I respect and love the east coast folks. 
    Agree. Nothing like flying to the east coast to visit Chicago this time of year.
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

That’s awesome! They really do bring their best when they play there. Philly is a great town. Lived in Ardmore for a bit in my 20s. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Spectrum 03 was the loudest US crowd ive ever witnessed for PJ
  • Options
    CrewCrew Posts: 299

Awesome!

Today's Inquirer?  I'll have to see if the family back home can pick me up a copy.  
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
    What a show! Glad all fans will have a chance to experience it. Enjoy everyone! 
  • Options

That’s awesome! They really do bring their best when they play there. Philly is a great town. Lived in Ardmore for a bit in my 20s. 
    A fellow Main Liner, eh? I'm from Wayne
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    I'm from NJ and have been to a bunch of Pearl Jam shows in Philly/Camden.  The fans there are awesome.  I don't know that I could say they're better than the fans in NY or Boston for example.  But Philly fans are awesome.  I always enjoy shows down there.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
    I remember grabbing a cheese steak before the show and I was careful not to get all greasy because I hoped to get a poster! Lame but I wonder how many of those emeks have greasy stains all over them!!!
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,582
    I guess this show should be Vault #10 instead of Moline...
  • Options
    As the Official Home of Pearl Jam (clearly not a joke, this is 100% a real thing), it's a little concerning we have not received our 2023 tour date announcement yet. 
    chinese-happy.jpg