Options

Austin City Limits?

Chitownjb3Chitownjb3 Posts: 10
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Was or is there a rumor going around that Pearl Jam will play the festival? Any info on this at all?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
    Chitownjb3 wrote:
    Was or is there a rumor going around that Pearl Jam will play the festival? Any info on this at all?
    just a rumor- they were never booked
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Chitownjb3 wrote:

yep it was a bust, Foo fighters are headlining. They are a great live band, seen them 3 times, but I only need to see them once a tour cause set is the same. I imagine they may not do the acoustic portion at a festival, but could be wrong.

The ACL rumor for pj was really heated this year cause someone talked to Mike after meeting him somewhere and he mentioned they were asked to play it. Promoters emailed fans back on here, saying "they were awaiting confirmation" so it really looked promising. Talk about disappointing news. :(
    I imagine the Dallas rumor is squashed now too, even though Superpages center put out the coming attractions bulletin but it was listed as pending, so I imagine, it probably may not happen after the ACL bust. Still got a small thread of hope, but it's not looking good.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    It was a rumor until the lineup is announced, it's amazing how that can kill some rumors!lol I really wanted to go to that!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    I heard from several sources that it was definitely planned....but someone we all know has a girlfriend who is due to deliver a child in September...thus it was a no-go.
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Chitownjb3 wrote:

It would have been incredible, as myself and three other from the midwest will be there! Still pumped...Black Keyes, Beck, Plant and Krause, Racontours...its all good! :)
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    This year's line up is still very good and well worth seeing. It's one of the best festivals around.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."