Options

Open Letter To Concessions

spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Dear Beer Concessions,
I am over 40 and have been a fan of beer since the age of 14. I like that we have aged together with all my favorite beer brands. I have one favor, maybe plea would be better. Usually I have some beer before the show. It leads me to buy more beer in the shows, which leads me to have to inexplicably leave the shows temporarily to fight through crowds to deposit my used beer.

Could you please announce any beer specials and also provide more beer stands and more mobile beer vendors? Maybe even a port-o-let or two in the 10c section so we can still hear the band when taking care of business? I would like to be able to plan my beer runs/breaks without having to miss any songs.

Maybe drinking my favorite beer at a concert is something I have outgrown the logistics of, but it seems like a big conspiracy to sell more beer. $6 to $8 a beer is serious money, especially in a down economy and $3.50 a gallon gas. Those prices make beer at a concert a serious proposition for everyone involved. Please try to consider all of the beer drinking fans on this upcoming tour and other tours.

Sincerely,
A Huge Beer Fan
So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,219
    Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy- Ben Franklin

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    now this is a thread I can support. Well said sir!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    2 words:

man diaper.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    hahahaha! nicely done.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    To alcohol; the cause and solution to all of life's problems - Homer Simpson
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Please do not cut beer sales off after the band hits the stage.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    Dear Beer People,
    Please do not sit near me during the show.

Signed,
    Person who hates having Beer People walk in front of her during the set
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    please no lame out-of-state-must-be-25 bullshit

that's all I ask
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Lmao just realized this was an edit of the open letter to pearl jam. Very funny :)

But still don't sit near me.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    Best post ever.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    I missed like 5 songs in 03 buying beer during a jersey show. That sucked.

So for night 2 my friend and I downed a huge bottle of Vodka pre-show.

Didn't miss any songs cause I had to buy beer, but I don't remember ANYTHING until the 11th song.

Oh that was fun.
  • Options
    erbie627erbie627 Posts: 14
    Maybe I am out of the loop. The rest of the people in these forums seem to be able to buy tickets to every show and debate what song is the best or worst or..... who gives a damn. The open letter wasn't written to be for your entertainment, quite frankly it was written as a public plea.

Go sign a petition about your favorite venue or beer or song or whatever high school crap is normally important in these forums.
  • Options
    I missed like 5 songs in 03 buying beer during a jersey show. That sucked.

So for night 2 my friend and I downed a huge bottle of Vodka pre-show.

Didn't miss any songs cause I had to buy beer, but I don't remember ANYTHING until the 11th song.

Oh that was fun.

o_O Fun? I get drunk when I'm bored at college on the weekends, not when I'm seeing my favorite band. Oh well, to each their own, just hope the first 10 songs weren't... good?
  • Options
    in all seriousness, beer gods do not cut off sales at 9:30 like the 2006 tour.
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    o_O Fun? I get drunk when I'm bored at college on the weekends, not when I'm seeing my favorite band. Oh well, to each their own, just hope the first 10 songs weren't... good?

When I read the set list the day after, I was pissed cause they played In Hiding and don't remember it at all.

I remember tailgating in the parking lot, then the next thing I remember is I'm in my seats dancing like a drunken fool to Rats. Not really sure what happened in that hour gap of blackness....

Thank GOD they played In Hiding at the Vic though. :D
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    you have to find the balance.. a nice healthy buzz can enhance the experience, but over doing it can ruin it (especially for the people around you).
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    erbie627 wrote:
    Maybe I am out of the loop. The rest of the people in these forums seem to be able to buy tickets to every show and debate what song is the best or worst or..... who gives a damn. The open letter wasn't written to be for your entertainment, quite frankly it was written as a public plea.

Go sign a petition about your favorite venue or beer or song or whatever high school crap is normally important in these forums.

Panties in a bunch alert: Activated!
  • Options
    MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    DPrival78 wrote:
    you have to find the balance.. a nice healthy buzz can enhance the experience, but over doing it can ruin it (especially for the people around you).

Agreed. I've been to 2 shows back to back nights. Got more drunk than I would have liked to at the first one. Loved it but didn't remember it super-well. Second night I got a solid buzz goin and was ready to go when they opened with "Wash"

If you don't have any alcohol in you, how can you dance so freely?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    erbie627 wrote:

Sorry Erbie, just trying to take a lighter look at things. I hope the band can take time out of their busy schedule to work on your plea. Sorry their system of providing the best seats in the house is not oriented to your specific individual needs.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    How about, so the venue can get their beer money, you agree to pay like $10 or $20 to BYOB. I would totally be behind that. I agree with OP, why in the hell should we be forced to wait 10 minutes to pay $8 for shitty beer. Why don't they just kick you in the ass as you trudge off?!
  • Options
    the Chadthe Chad Posts: 65
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    Dear Beer Concessions,
    I am over 40 and have been a fan of beer since the age of 14. I like that we have aged together with all my favorite beer brands. I have one favor, maybe plea would be better. Usually I have some beer before the show. It leads me to buy more beer in the shows, which leads me to have to inexplicably leave the shows temporarily to fight through crowds to deposit my used beer.

Could you please announce any beer specials and also provide more beer stands and more mobile beer vendors? Maybe even a port-o-let or two in the 10c section so we can still hear the band when taking care of business? I would like to be able to plan my beer runs/breaks without having to miss any songs.

Maybe drinking my favorite beer at a concert is something I have outgrown the logistics of, but it seems like a big conspiracy to sell more beer. $6 to $8 a beer is serious money, especially in a down economy and $3.50 a gallon gas. Those prices make beer at a concert a serious proposition for everyone involved. Please try to consider all of the beer drinking fans on this upcoming tour and other tours.

Sincerely,
    A Huge Beer Fan

Best Post Ever! Amen Brother!
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    if you don't mind the warm pants sensation...

http://www.stadiumpal.com/
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    will you please abide by the 1 poster per ticketholder rule, and not sell 5 , 10 , or even 25 of them to all of your entrepenurial cohorts, thank you very much .

:rolleyes:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life