Options

"Hail, Hail" got me a speeding ticket

hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Several weeks ago I was listening to some PJ while driving to work...Hail, Hail comes on and it sounds great. Too great apparently because suddenly there are flashing lights behind me. I look down and I'm hitting the 80mph mark in a 65mph zone. Now, I'm usually a speeder but not the 80 mph kind, especially when driving to the hell hole that is my job. So the cop pulls me over, sees my stethescope around my neck & combined with the fact its early morning he gives me a HARSH warning and lets me go...thankfully. So today I'm driving to a friends...same senario. Hail, Hail comes on, the sun is shining, theres a 6 pack of yuengling in my cooler, I'm going to bake by the pool, life is GOOD. Flashing lights...78 mph. Ticket.

So, just wondering. Anyone else have a PJ song that seems to be out to get them a ticket?
:lol:
Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Seems to me the problem is YOU and not pj. You say you're not a speeder but yet both times you were clocked at 80 and 78
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    I was being facetious, my friend...and besides, I thought everything was Stone's fault.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Oooh crap you scored the BAD kind of tickets, i thought that you scored some tickets to Chicago or Toronto :(
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    metsfan wrote:
    Seems to me the problem is YOU and not pj. You say you're not a speeder but yet both times you were clocked at 80 and 78

Jeez. Thanks for chiming in, Dad.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    I was being facetious, my friend...and besides, I thought everything was Stone's fault.
    ok cool my friend. That damn stone. Always causing trouble

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

yup anytime. Lame joke btw, very lame.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

yup anytime. Lame joke btw, very lame.

It wasn't a joke. I seriously thought you must have been her father. It's the only plausible way to so thoroughly misinterpret the entire spirit of this thread.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    i thought mfc or rvm were more the kind of songs to get a ticket to :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options

You really shouldn't be getting tickets to any song[/metsfan]
  • Options
    Crap...maybe it is my dad! He is without a sense of humor and can be a complete ass over nothing. Had no idea he was into PJ. Maybe there's hope for mankind after all.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

You really shouldn't be getting tickets to any song[/metsfan]

:lol: true, you should all drive the speed limit, all the time :lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    Crap...maybe it is my dad! He is without a sense of humor and can be a complete ass over nothing. Had no idea he was into PJ. Maybe there's hope for mankind after all.
    takes an asshole to know an asshole. Yea I'm totally not into pj. I've just been on the board for the past 4 years to troll and look for board fights in people like you and slight of jeff :roll: and been to 6 pj concerts

• Options
    Oh yeah, it's him...without a doubt. Metaphors are lost on good ol' dad. :lol:
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    arq wrote:
    Oooh crap you scored the BAD kind of tickets, i thought that you scored some tickets to Chicago or Toronto :(
    i thought the same.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    arq wrote:
    i thought the same.

add me to that list.
  • Options
    WildEyedMaryWildEyedMary Posts: 127
    Several weeks ago I was listening to some PJ while driving to work...Hail, Hail comes on and it sounds great. Too great apparently because suddenly there are flashing lights behind me. I look down and I'm hitting the 80mph mark in a 65mph zone. Now, I'm usually a speeder but not the 80 mph kind, especially when driving to the hell hole that is my job. So the cop pulls me over, sees my stethescope around my neck & combined with the fact its early morning he gives me a HARSH warning and lets me go...thankfully. So today I'm driving to a friends...same senario. Hail, Hail comes on, the sun is shining, theres a 6 pack of yuengling in my cooler, I'm going to bake by the pool, life is GOOD. Flashing lights...78 mph. Ticket.

So, just wondering. Anyone else have a PJ song that seems to be out to get them a ticket?

Thats funny they were both during Hail Hail. Great song, sucks about the ticket though. The other day I was listening to the radio and Given to Fly came on. I was pumped because they rarely play PJ here and if they do its usually Even Flow or Jeremy so I had it blasting and got pulled over. I usually speed a little too but not 10 over on a resdential street (oops) but I just got a warning. Hopefully it won't happen again :D
    If I had known then what I know now...
  • Options
    A-ha, so its not just me! ;)

I will consider cruise control before inserting the disc next time...13 miles over limit=155 bucks. Ouch!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I got a ticket going 47 in a 25 the past week. whats lame is you go further down the road and its a 40 mph zone.

Oh and I was listening to Off He Goes from grand rapids lol.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    78 and 80?!? How dare you! I guess we should all take a play out of Metsfan's playbook and only listen to Indifference on the Highway :roll:
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    hahah maybe u shouldn't listen to music while driving.
    I just started driving and hope i never get a ticket and if i do ill just blame it on pearl jam ahahaha.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    dpmaydpmay Posts: 643

you, however, have a fantastic sense of humor. this has to be the funniest post i've read around here in awhile...thanks...
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167

I can definitely say that I've deserved a few tickets while driving and listening to Hail, Hail. Something about how that songs builds at the end and the "on the run in a race that can't be won" line really seems to make my right foot heavy.

I did get a ticket on the way to buy Binaural at midnight when it came out. The officer said that I rolled through a stop sign. Which I would have had an easier time accepting if he didn't also say that I was the 11th car he pulled over that night at that intersection. He even had some other poor bastard while I was on my way home. I was half way through Gods' Dice by then, and even a $75 ticket wasn't going to ruin my night.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    I'm going through a "Hail Hail" phase at the moment.

It fuckin' rocks!!

I love the Letterman version on you tube.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651

:lol::lol::lol::lol: THAT is fucking hilarious. I would wager a good amount that Pearl Jam was on during one of my "few" ;) speeding ticket moments...
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    edited June 2009
    as well as no code,
    yield is a major catalyst
    for speeding tickets in my home.

:)
    Post edited by Bathgate66 on
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    u should lishen to mfc ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Or driving that fast...Immortality! ;)
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    id let you off.
    favorite song..and ya aint half bad lookin. booya
  • Options
    JF256865JF256865 Posts: 19
    metsfan wrote:
    takes an asshole to know an asshole. Yea I'm totally not into pj. I've just been on the board for the past 4 years to troll and look for board fights in people like you and slight of jeff :roll: and been to 6 pj concerts

Take the stick out of your ass, nerd.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Cruise control is very important when listening to Pearl Jam!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008